Gurrieri | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gurrieri

Jun 22, 2005
Ade the green":j1bp8b6d said:
Johnny Paradise":j1bp8b6d said:
Fletch says we must have all been watching a different game than him as Gurrieri did nothing hence why he took him off.

:facepalm:

Another made up quote.

You really do yourself and your argument no favours at all.

Made up as in paraphrasing what Sparksy said live on radio Devon?

Jul 29, 2010
Ade the green":25368kfr said:
X Isle":25368kfr said:
Johnny Paradise":25368kfr said:
Fletch says we must have all been watching a different game than him as Gurrieri did nothing hence why he took him off.

Deary me, he's currently joint second in the MOTM poll too, not bad for only playing one half.

Fletch is right and the fans are all wrong, has been the same all season. But funny how some players who the fans really rate don't get a chance (Andres today, Madjo always) yet players who the fans don't universally like get rewarded with the captaincy after acts of appalling indiscipline.

What a mess.

To say fans don't universally like Hourihane is possibly a wrong assumption. I would suggest the majority can see he's a good but impetuous player that needs some self discipline.

So, is that a wrong assumption in the way that Fletch saying the fans were watching a different game was a wrong assumption?.......... namely a correct assumption.

Saying your opinion differs is one thing, telling people they are wrong or worse still they are lying is not on. Apology due to Jonny I feel.

Post Dorchester I only heard a smattering of Hooligan apologists, post Exeter I definately DID hear that comment attributed to Fletch.

Gurrieri is now the MOTM leader on the poll. If Fletch wants to take the fans on in a tactical masterclass, bring it on. He'll lose 365 days a year.

We're an appallingly bad football team.......when any player threatens to look good, Fletch drops him. When any player gets sent off, Fletch keeps him in or even rewards him.

He's lost the fans, inconsistency and the rewarding of failure like that must be losing him people in the dressing room too........and creative people too, the one's you need to win football matches.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Does anybody who was there honestly not think it worked well putting Williams on for a central player and allowing Bhasera and Lennox to bound down the wings? They were electric in the second half and that was only possible due to the change! Fletcher may have form for stupidity but this wasn't it.

Aug 22, 2006
samjones":kv01osrd said:
We would have won this game easily with 2 up front and Gurrieri in the hole.

Fletchers decisions, formations, tactics, substitutions continuously baffle me.

If we stay up it will be despite him not because of him.

He just hasn't got a scooby fcukin doo :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

REckon with a half decent manager we would be in the playoffs with the squad of players we have so he is doing really well to underachieve by this amount.

Oh well I guess a point gained today rather than the expected loss

So which 3 players would you play in midfield? I'm guessing you would play 0 wingers because otherwise we'd be playing with 1 man in the centre which is a rarity in modern day footie, you would possibly give it a go down the park.

Nov 11, 2006
GreenSam":30vo23s6 said:
bizzay1":30vo23s6 said:
GreenSam":30vo23s6 said:
we looked a lot better after the change. It was a bold but correct decision.

are you speaking from actually seeing this yourself, because it didn't sound like it from what was being relayed on the radio, sounded better after the double substitution
I was there.

The double sub did help a lot yes but what also helped, and this is from seeing it with my own eyes, was putting Lennox and Baz on each wing and allowing them more attacking freedom. That was facilitated by bringing Williams on for Gurreri. Maybe you could say Young should have gone off instead but putting Williams on and letting Joe and Oni play higher up was a canny move.

Why can't the wingers have more attacking freedom as well as having Gurreri in the hole? If you play a player in the hole, that player is the link player for attacking play. He needs the wingers to bomb forward so he can play them in and get a cross in to the stiker, or to play through balls through to the striker himself. Not having the wingers bomb forward means his only option is to play the ball through to the striker or pass it backwards. I wasn't there but sounds to me like Gurrieri wasn't given enough support or options, and that's down to tactics. Nevertheless, he's still winning the man of the match vote.

Sep 23, 2005
for goodness sake, Gurrieri had a great first half but was a target for appalling tackles and got no protection from a crap ref. He was substituted because he was injured as a result. He could hardly walk when he came on after to acknowledge our support. Young wasnt half the player in that position. the key was taking off a totally ineffectual Griffiths and putting on 2 forwards who knew how to shield and retain the ball nd create some chances.
Hourihane did ok and Baz was better upfront but oh dear Robbie Williams!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
PAFC+":wdrhzojz said:
GreenSam":wdrhzojz said:
bizzay1":wdrhzojz said:
GreenSam":wdrhzojz said:
we looked a lot better after the change. It was a bold but correct decision.

are you speaking from actually seeing this yourself, because it didn't sound like it from what was being relayed on the radio, sounded better after the double substitution
I was there.

The double sub did help a lot yes but what also helped, and this is from seeing it with my own eyes, was putting Lennox and Baz on each wing and allowing them more attacking freedom. That was facilitated by bringing Williams on for Gurreri. Maybe you could say Young should have gone off instead but putting Williams on and letting Joe and Oni play higher up was a canny move.

Why can't the wingers have more attacking freedom as well as having Gurreri in the hole? If you play a player in the hole, that player is the link player for attacking play. He needs the wingers to bomb forward so he can play them in and get a cross in to the stiker, or to play through balls through to the striker himself. Not having the wingers bomb forward means his only option is to play the ball through to the striker or pass it backwards. I wasn't there but sounds to me like Gurrieri wasn't given enough support or options, and that's down to tactics. Nevertheless, he's still winning the man of the match vote.
What worked best today was 4-4-2 with the wingers given freedom. There was an interlude period between the two subs granted. The wingers imo were most responsible for pulling that game back, so you've gotta play the wingers like that with either Gurreri in the hole or with two strikers. The latter worked. If we're being picky, Fletcher should and could have brought Feeney on for Hourihane at half-time instead of when he did. But we had to play with either a man in the hole or with two strikers. Not both, because if we tried Andres in behind the two strikers then the wingers couldn't have done their good work. My opinion of course.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Fletcher shouldn't be condemned for the substitutions, which you might say got us a point, but for the starting lineup. Judging by the commentary Griffiths didn't have a chance, and when the ball came to him wasn't able to perform the role attributed to him. Poor selection.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
X Isle":35wnun6r said:
Ade the green":35wnun6r said:
X Isle":35wnun6r said:
Johnny Paradise":35wnun6r said:

Deary me, he's currently joint second in the MOTM poll too, not bad for only playing one half.

Fletch is right and the fans are all wrong, has been the same all season. But funny how some players who the fans really rate don't get a chance (Andres today, Madjo always) yet players who the fans don't universally like get rewarded with the captaincy after acts of appalling indiscipline.

What a mess.

To say fans don't universally like Hourihane is possibly a wrong assumption. I would suggest the majority can see he's a good but impetuous player that needs some self discipline.

So, is that a wrong assumption in the way that Fletch saying the fans were watching a different game was a wrong assumption?.......... namely a correct assumption.

Saying your opinion differs is one thing, telling people they are wrong or worse still they are lying is not on. Apology due to Jonny I feel.

Post Dorchester I only heard a smattering of Hooligan apologists, post Exeter I definitely DID hear that comment attributed to Fletch.

Gurrieri is now the MOTM leader on the poll. If Fletch wants to take the fans on in a tactical masterclass, bring it on. He'll lose 365 days a year.

We're an appallingly bad football team.......when any player threatens to look good, Fletch drops him. When any player gets sent off, Fletch keeps him in or even rewards him.

He's lost the fans, inconsistency and the rewarding of failure like that must be losing him people in the dressing room too........and creative people too, the one's you need to win football matches.

I'll ask you this Ex...
Find where I call anyone a liar! You owe me an apology I think.

Lose the fans.. You have on record stated you don't and won't be attending games in the future. Your opinion is worthless. In my opinion.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
There is the answer, take off one forward who has to cope on his own then put on two, yes two, forwards to change the shape. It was Griffiths the problem but the thinking behind the game from above. Play to a players strength, not hope something might happen.

Oct 24, 2010
Fletcher changed tactics at half time from 4411 to 433, that's why Gurreiri was substituted it wasn't a reflection on his performance.

Jul 29, 2010
Ade the green":30psx7tt said:
X Isle":30psx7tt said:
X Isle":30psx7tt said:
Johnny Paradise":30psx7tt said:

What a mess.

Post Dorchester I only heard a smattering of Hooligan apologists, post Exeter I definitely DID hear that comment attributed to Fletch.

I'll ask you this Ex...
Find where I call anyone a fibby wibby teller! You owe me an apology I think.

Lose the fans.. You have on record stated you don't and won't be attending games in the future. Your opinion is worthless. In my opinion.

Gladly, you accuse JP of making up that quote, exhibit A m'lud, from this very thread.........

Johnny Paradise":30psx7tt said:

Another made up quote.

You really do yourself and your argument no favours at all.

Guilty says I.

And as for my opinion being worthless, if that were so you'd block my posts rather than hang on every one to try and defend the indefensible......wouldn't you ;-)