Gurrieri | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gurrieri

M

Millbridgemike

When Gurrieri came off we scored.

Stop moaning

NO we scored when we went with 2 up front, Gurrieri's replacement nearly gave up a goal and was booked in the first few mins he was on the pitch

Aug 7, 2010
greengenes":32nslbwk said:
Compton - I'm delighted with the point gained despite Fletchers strange decisions . He's got a competitive budget , a big Club by this divivisions standard and good crowds . But we are 20th .

Me too and hopefully he will learn from this that playing one up front is NOT the answer,

I am still pro Fletcher (which explains the green tint) but if he plays one up front against Accrington then I will truly be bewildered

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Greenskin":1wcapowq said:
I don't especially rate Guerrieri.All mink coat and no drawers.
Me too.

I'm no fan of Fletch but to criticise him for this is harsh. We played a lot better after the change of shape. Taking Gurreri off enabled Lennox and Bhasera to bound down the wings.

You could possibly argue that Young could/should have gone off instead and maybe so but we looked a lot better after the change. It was a bold but correct decision.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Both Sparksy and Webb were questioning the subbing of Gerrieri, saying it had to be because of an injury as there was no way you would sub what they said was Argyle's best player in first half, they were both questioning Fletcher's tactics all the way through the game until he brought on Chadwick and Feeney and they went 2 up front

B

bizzay1

GreenSam":3ax1l1cz said:
we looked a lot better after the change. It was a bold but correct decision.

are you speaking from actually seeing this yourself, because it didn't sound like it from what was being relayed on the radio, sounded better after the double substitution

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
We would of won this game easily with 2 up front and Gurrieri in the hole.

Fletchers decisions, formations, tactics, substitutions continuously baffle me.

If we stay up it will be despite him not because of him.

He just hasn't got a scooby fcukin doo :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

REckon with a half decent manager we would be in the playoffs with the squad of players we have so he is doing really well to underachieve by this amount.

Oh well I guess a point gained today rather than the expected loss

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Johnny Paradise":3edrz1xu said:
Fletch says we must have all been watching a different game than him as Gurrieri did nothing hence why he took him off.

:facepalm:

Another made up quote.

You really do yourself and your argument no favours at all.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Caroline Dempsey for manager!
She could see that AG was the boy.
Everyone can say "oh we scored when we took him off". No! We scored when we took that dummy Griffiths off and put two up front. If you can't make that link then maybe you see Fletch as the next Mourinho for the inspired taking off of Gurrieri for Willliams - that obviously made the difference and not having 2 up-front.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sounds like a Madjo type reason

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
bizzay1":2e71zal5 said:
GreenSam":2e71zal5 said:

are you speaking from actually seeing this yourself, because it didn't sound like it from what was being relayed on the radio, sounded better after the double substitution
I was there.

The double sub did help a lot yes but what also helped, and this is from seeing it with my own eyes, was putting Lennox and Baz on each wing and allowing them more attacking freedom. That was facilitated by bringing Williams on for Gurreri. Maybe you could say Young should have gone off instead but putting Williams on and letting Joe and Oni play higher up was a canny move.

B

bizzay1

Ade the green":1btwi19j said:
Johnny Paradise":1btwi19j said:
Fletch says we must have all been watching a different game than him as Gurrieri did nothing hence why he took him off.

Another made up quote.

You really do yourself and your argument no favours at all.

a tad harsh, I also heard sparksy say this

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Gurrieri was poor IMO. All he did was give the ball away and bottle shooting opportunities. Flatters to deceive.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
greengenes":2voyd7p1 said:
GreenSam":2voyd7p1 said:
bizzay1":2voyd7p1 said:
GreenSam":2voyd7p1 said:

I was there.

The double sub did help a lot yes but what also helped, and this is from seeing it with my own eyes, was putting Lennox and Baz on each wing and allowing them more attacking freedom. That was facilitated by bringing Williams on for Gurreri. Maybe you could say Young should have gone off instead but putting Williams on and letting Joe and Oni play higher up was a canny move.

Makes you wonder why we didn't start like that then .
I can't argue with that at all.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
X Isle":3q949bv9 said:
Johnny Paradise":3q949bv9 said:

Deary me, he's currently joint second in the MOTM poll too, not bad for only playing one half.

Fletch is right and the fans are all wrong, has been the same all season. But funny how some players who the fans really rate don't get a chance (Andres today, Madjo always) yet players who the fans don't universally like get rewarded with the captaincy after acts of appalling indiscipline.

What a mess.

To say fans don't universally like Hourihane is possibly a wrong assumption. I would suggest the majority can see he's a good but impetuous player that needs some self discipline.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
The two up front move made the difference, NOT the AG substitution. AG's replacement (Williams) almost gave a goal away instatntly.