Grant, Edwards or Randell v Ipswich? | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grant, Edwards or Randell v Ipswich?

Who should replace Houghton v Ipswich?

• Randell

Votes: 95 49.7%
  • Edwards

Votes: 55 28.8%
  • Grant

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry I disagree about Carey, he's one of the most hardworking flair players I've in a Green shirt, especially at tracking back and chasing down.

I wasn’t criticising Carey, I was a huge Carey fan, I’m just defending Danny against this whole he doesn’t do enough for the team view. He’d walk into almost every starting eleven in this league and perhaps even some in the league above, so the fact we’ve been playing so well without him lately is testament to how well we’re doing.

Reactions: dunlop and saxman
Feb 8, 2005
Danny Mayor and Graham Carey have similar defensive frailties.

Yes, they can track back, and yes, they can follow their man, but they cannot tackle consistently. The number of times that Carey gave away free kicks in awful positions is the same way that Danny does the same.

They are forward looking players, not defensive tacklers and are liable to give away too many free kicks in vulnerable positions.

If we have identified this, then opposition managers will have done their homework too.

Reactions: saxman
Aug 11, 2013
I’d put my house on Edwards. This was originally his position before wingback and we have good replacement options in Edwards wingback position …

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I’d put my house on Edwards. This was originally his position before wingback and we have good replacement options in Edwards wingback position …
Edwards or Grant would be the least likely to drop a clanger, Grant would be more missed than Edwards if moved from current positions as I think Garrick offers more going forwards. We'd just be a bit more reliant on Wilson to cover....

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If we play 3-1-4-2 it’ll be Randell

I’ll happily take a bath in the sundial if it’s not

Reactions: NLG
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
I think Gillesphey would be an awful choice. Yes he has a good ping on him and can pick diagonals and channel balls, but in tight spaces he looks uncomfortable. I think he’d get slaughtered in there.

It’s interesting to see all the different views on this. Some certain it’ll be Edwards, some Randell and some Grant.

Nov 2, 2004
I think Gillesphey would be an awful choice. Yes he has a good ping on him and can pick diagonals and channel balls, but in tight spaces he looks uncomfortable. I think he’d get slaughtered in there.

It’s interesting to see all the different views on this. Some certain it’ll be Edwards, some Randell and some Grant.
But it will be Broom.

Reactions: April 1971

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I like Randell but this is one he'll of match to throw him in how about Gillesphey can get stuck in and can pick a pass
Surely if it’s one hell of a match to throw an inexperienced midfielder into to play in midfield it’s (at least) several hells of a match to throw in a central defender who’s probably never played in midfield before into…

FWIW I can see why people are wondering whether Gillesphey could play as a defensive midfielder and I’ve wondered the same myself. But let’s not do the experiment today eh?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I am sure RL will pick the best player to fill the mega void that is Jordan Houghton-he will not want to upset the balance of the team in a game that he will want 3pts or if not 1pt come the final whistle

This game will be a marker as to how well we will cope without Jordan if he ever had a substantial injury lay off

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If we play 3-1-4-2 it’ll be Randell

I’ll happily take a bath in the sundial if it’s not

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Randell starts

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Someone who doesn't understand the game!
Well Balham!
Seems the manager has the same sentiments! Was your post about someone understanding the game about me? Or the manager? In my Grey Funnel days, it would’ve been called a “Suck back” or a “Wind your neck in” day….

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Has BG paid up on his bet yet? 😂
Bets don’t count as being a p@soti donor!!