Votes: 55 28.8%
  • Grant

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Someone else

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters
Sep 6, 2006
Is

Isn’t attack supposed to be a good form of defence. We are also one of the highest scorers in the league as well as Ipswich and do possess a very good defence considering our goals against. Let them worry about us I say. I thought Garrick looked good at RWB so I’d not be worried about playing him there myself.
Take it you weren't at Wombles game? He got skinned regularly.
We will not have the ball for between 40 and 60% of the game. You need to have players and a set up to deal with that. Not just put head in the sand!

Feb 9, 2021
IF, Randell is not picked then it raises a serious question about his immediate future at the Club. He hasn't been sent on as a sub for either wing back roles and if he doesn't replace Houghton on Saturday - where does it leave him?

He was indeed poor in the EFL cup - but even if he had a great game - I am certain he wouldn't have been picked ahead of Houghton for the next game. With Houghton being so instrumental to our early season form then Randell hasn't had a sniff, but surely he has to be picked now?
I think rands will be picked on Saturday
It would be madness to move Grant or Edwards inside as they are so influential to the way we play with Joe's tenacity and Connors class on the ball
Rands will be fine if he keeps it simple and it shouldn't be a defining game for him more just a stepping stone in his career
my guess is if we win he will be MOM as he's one of our own!!

Mar 24, 2019
Rl watches randell every day in training,he’ll know if he’s ready or not ..my gut feeling is that he’ll play grant there and put Garrick at lwb.
I hope I’m wrong but I think we’re going to find out just how important houghton is to this side tomorrow

Reactions: Lobster

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Take it you weren't at Wombles game? He got skinned regularly.
We will not have the ball for between 40 and 60% of the game. You need to have players and a set up to deal with that. Not just put head in the sand!
That was Garricks first match at RWB I think. Against Burton at RWB I thought he was excellent and was or was close to being MOM.

Sep 6, 2006
Rl watches randell every day in training,he’ll know if he’s ready or not ..my gut feeling is that he’ll play grant there and put Garrick at lwb.
I hope I’m wrong but I think we’re going to find out just how important houghton is to this side tomorrow
Training and the heat of battle are 2 very different things. I fear you could be right re last sentence.

Sep 6, 2006
That was Garricks first match at RWB I think. Against Burton at RWB I thought he was excellent and was or was close to being MOM.
Very different playing a mid table team at home in a game we dominated for large parts to much tougher tests. Edwards has played well in the midfield role in League 2. Personally I would go for Grant though.

Reactions: saxman
D

Deleted member 9145

Randell I reckon, if not Edwards. Definitely not Grant, he's found his position now and is excellent there, when he's played in midfield and particularly in Houghton's position he's struggled because he needs time on the ball, to look up and assess options. Receiving the ball under pressure wouldn't suit his game at all.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I don’t really understand this ‘Mayor won’t track back’ thing. I’ve often seen him chipping in with important defensive contributions. He tracks back more than Carey & Lameiras ever did.

Sorry I disagree about Carey, he's one of the most hardworking flair players I've in a Green shirt, especially at tracking back and chasing down.