Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move! | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Redevelopment - Argyle Admin Staff on the move!

Feb 8, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":lucd2g40 said:
Smiffy obviously isn’t aware that impact on seating at games in the Grandstand wont be until next season, at the earliest.

Grumpy obviously isn't aware that impact on seating in the grandstand at games will NOT be at any time. The change is seating will be done during the close season.

By the way, Grumpy, there will be no games in the grandstand either!!

Jul 29, 2010
jimsing":mf4rd0x2 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":mf4rd0x2 said:
Smiffy obviously isn’t aware that impact on seating at games in the Grandstand wont be until next season, at the earliest.

Grumpy obviously isn't aware that impact on seating in the grandstand at games will NOT be at any time. The change is seating will be done during the close season.

So that's a definitive answer then is it. Yes, Smiffy wasn't aware, hence why Smiffy asked the question :roll:

Thank you... I guess :think:

esmer":2epasojx said:
The cost plan would have been done at a very early stage based on preliminary information before detailed working drawings were available.The one thing which is true of cost plans is that they are always wrong, it's just a question of by how much and in which direction.

I would disagree with that. At the Class D stage, the estimate will be within a wide percentage band, to allow for the risk and uncertainty. They aren't wrong per se, it's just completely impossible to put an accurate number on it. The problem is how you tell the client that your estimate is between £5M and £7.5M, when all he will hear is the £5M.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
X Isle":2yd7rcw1 said:
jimsing":2yd7rcw1 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2yd7rcw1 said:

So that's a definitive answer then is it. Yes, Smiffy wasn't aware, hence why Smiffy asked the question :roll:

Thank you... I guess :think:

Smiffy

At the GT meeting this evening it was stated the new bars will be ready for the 2018/19 season. By definition, the last game in the current format will probably be the last home game of this season.

My only word of caution would be that as the contractor and client have yet to sign off the deal this may lead to delay. On the other hand, it could all be settled next week.

I don't think I'd be changing shifts just yet.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Can't wait to see what the bars will look like, I assume it's too early to have shown images at that meeting?

Obviously it will be Argyle themed to some degree, but there's a great opportunity to get some lovely art and memorabilia in there, as well as all the shirts they currently have in the GTs tent.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Biggs":3kboa9yw said:
Can't wait to see what the bars will look like, I assume it's too early to have shown images at that meeting?

Obviously it will be Argyle themed to some degree, but there's a great opportunity to get some lovely art and memorabilia in there, as well as all the shirts they currently have in the GTs tent.

Link to some of the plans for the GT bars:

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photodi ... oload=pic8

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PutneyPete":qjtl3vcu said:
Biggs":qjtl3vcu said:

Link to some of the plans for the GT bars:

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photodi ... oload=pic8

Not sure why I didn't check GOS first, thanks! :thumbs:

Oct 24, 2010
Bermudian Green":2aftca28 said:
esmer":2aftca28 said:
The cost plan would have been done at a very early stage based on preliminary information before detailed working drawings were available.The one thing which is true of cost plans is that they are always wrong, it's just a question of by how much and in which direction.

I would disagree with that. At the Class D stage, the estimate will be within a wide percentage band, to allow for the risk and uncertainty. They aren't wrong per se, it's just completely impossible to put an accurate number on it. The problem is how you tell the client that your estimate is between £5M and £7.5M, when all he will hear is the £5M.
Perhaps you are right although I would have thought most clients would look at the higher figure for finance purposes and consider anything less to be a bonus. My point was though that it is impossible to prepare an accurate estimate of build costs given the limited information available at the time a cost plan would be prepared.

esmer":jmie0mvw said:
Bermudian Green":jmie0mvw said:
esmer":jmie0mvw said:

Perhaps you are right although I would have thought most clients would look at the higher figure for finance purposes and consider anything less to be a bonus. My point was though that it is impossible to prepare an accurate estimate of build costs given the limited information available at the time a cost plan would be prepared.

My clients (Government, therein lies your answer, politicians all take the low end). Quite right though, impossible at such an early stage. I've taken to adding a huge optimism bias which seems to work. Key is getting the design nailed down early and not allowing the client to make late changes, or let the contractor design it himself and pay for the risk.

S

satfan

Surely a cantilevered roof would not be expensive as the other stands in the horseshoe have these roofs remember all 3 stand including roofs cost 4 million so a similar roof on the mayflower would not be expensive and would make the stand look newer and better.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
satfan":3mqx56p4 said:
Surely a cantilevered roof would not be expensive as the other stands in the horseshoe have these roofs remember all 3 stand including roofs cost 4 million so a similar roof on the mayflower would not be expensive and would make the stand look newer and better.

We just need to fire up the time machine to get those prices and I’m sure they will definitely do it.