Goodbye Freddie (signs for Rotherham) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye Freddie (signs for Rotherham)

Jul 6, 2005
Knibbsworth":3dsvjmv0 said:
Had no clue, yet took a freebie Southend reserve and made one of the division's top scorers out of him?
... whilst leading a team that had finished 7th to relegation the following season and largely nullifying the attacking potential of 2 of the best players in League 1.

Could repeat or improve on the previous season- fair enough,
Couldnā€™t manage top half - bit disappointing.
Couldnā€™t manage mid-table anonymity - poor
Couldnā€™t even manage lower mid-table - very poor.
Couldnā€™t even keep above the bottom 4 - an inexcusable shambles of a season.

A

AR09YLE

I think if we had a semi decent striker upfront last year he would have scored 15-20 goals, mainly due to the service Carey and Ruben provided. Not many (if any) of Ladapo's goals were an individual goal (bar Millwall now I think of it)

Cash and in and invest elsewhere in the squad

Aug 5, 2016
demportdave":19nnbaks said:
Knibbsworth":19nnbaks said:
Had no clue, yet took a freebie Southend reserve and made one of the division's top scorers out of him?
... whilst leading a team that had finished 7th to relegation the following season and largely nullifying the attacking potential of 2 of the best players in League 1.

Could repeat or improve on the previous season- fair enough,
Couldnā€™t manage top half - bit disappointing.
Couldnā€™t manage mid-table anonymity - poor
Couldnā€™t even manage lower mid-table - very poor.
Couldnā€™t even keep above the bottom 4 - an inexcusable shambles of a season.

What has any of that got to do with the assertion that Adams is clueless with regards to training strikers? That was the only point I was responding to.

Jul 13, 2006
AR09YLE":1unvid2s said:
I think if we had a semi decent striker upfront last year he would have scored 15-20 goals, mainly due to the service Carey and Ruben provided. Not many (if any) of Ladapo's goals were an individual goal (bar Millwall now I think of it)

The only ones I can remember Ladapo scoring were " individual" goals.

Cash and in and invest elsewhere in the squad

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Nearly done?

Seems no nearer than anything else.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
šŸŽ« ST Donor šŸŽ«
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 25, 2016
Rotherham is in talks now, it is believed that they had a bid accepted over the weekend

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Good piece of business.

Hopefully we got a good fee and some add ons for any future success

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
My views on Ladapo have always been a bit mixed. He will score goals & thatā€™s important, heā€™ll get himself into the right areas, but heā€™s still quite raw & quite frustrating at times, certainly if heā€™s to be played as a lone striker then he needs to learn to be of benefit to the whole team & not just his own goal tally, also he needs to learn (and quickly if heā€™s to go to Rotherham or Sunderland) how to be effective against the top sides in L1 and not just the average/poor ones, throughout last season I wanted to see us rotate Ladapo/Taylor, Ladapo to prey on the weaker sides and Taylor to use his hold play against the better sides.

I think 500k (if true) is a good fee and a good profit for the club.

C

Cult Of Personality

I like Freddie don't think we ever played to his strengths which is running in behind and ball to feet. He ain't a target man. But for half a million with a year left... That's a good price and we might be able to get two strikers in with the money