Goodbye Freddie (signs for Rotherham) | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye Freddie (signs for Rotherham)

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
IJN":4ldq7x82 said:
Chuffed he's gone and even more chuffed with the fact that we got £500k for him.

No need to think about the add ons, he'll come to nothing.

I totally agree - not a team player and a bad apple

Mar 14, 2009
I think people are correct about concerns over his character. What happened at the end of the season was strange, but we will never truly know just how much he did “down tools”.

He wasn’t the only player though you have to question. Anyhow, it’s a good move for both him and us.

I do feel it’s abit harsh though some of the comments about what he can do as a footballer. Let’s not forget under Adams, especially away from home, he was isolated as a player from his teammates. Had very little support. Created a lot of the opportunities himself that he either missed or scored with. I don’t think booting it up the pitch exactly played to his strengths. Yes we could turn around teams because of his pace, but he had such a thankless task winning the ball back on his own.

For a free signing he did extremely well for us considering what people were saying when we signed him. He has pace and he is strong. There is a player there which l think needs to be loved by the manager to get the best out of him.

I think he is one of those late starters in football, where the penny might of dropped for him after being released by Southend. If, and this is the biggest question, he knuckles down and his attitude is right he can be a very decent acquisition for Rotherham. The problem is the attitude question is a big IF.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
greenking83":10r6gixc said:
Manchesterlalala":10r6gixc said:
Good business. Didn't really rate him as anything other than a goalscorer...

:shocked:

He did nothing for the team as a whole and it's become apparent that that he was generally a disruption to team spirit. He scored goals but that's not the be all and end all. Luckily those goals made us some cash and with that we can build a team that should be able to create a lot more than Freddie's past contributions. We won't miss him - I'm positive of that.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Manchesterlalala":1u6kx60y said:
greenking83":1u6kx60y said:
Manchesterlalala":1u6kx60y said:

He did nothing for the team as a whole and it's become apparent that that he was generally a disruption to team spirit. He scored goals but that's not the be all and end all. Luckily those goals made us some cash and with that we can build a team that should be able to create a lot more than Freddie's past contributions. We won't miss him - I'm positive of that.

Possibly a bad egg according to some but to say he did nothing or the club is a little bit dumb.

If the defence had done more, if the midfield had a little more leg then his goals may well have kept us up.

He did his job. Ultimately others didn’t.

Jul 3, 2006
Manchesterlalala":6wlsgvc8 said:
greenking83":6wlsgvc8 said:
Manchesterlalala":6wlsgvc8 said:

It really hasn't become apparent. A few no-marks on twitter have posted second or third hand gossip about him 'having an attitude' - basically office gossip telling one side of the story, put about by people with god knows what axes to grind and subject to the human tendency to exaggerate a story on each repetition. The idea that his attitude problem is some kind of verifiable fact is totally laughable.

Ladapo is one of maybe three or four players who can say they more than did their bit for Argyle this season. 19 goals with no penalties is a great effort, particularly when you're lining up as part of a team usually containing several players who just weren't good enough for the level they were playing at.

I wish him well at Rotherham and hope we got a sell-on clause. A striker with his size, pace and quick feet is never going to be short of offers.

Aug 3, 2017
Agree Tugboat. He scored a lot of goals. As a player he was selfish, but that’s why he got the goals. I think Rubes and Carey didn’t do as well scoring because they weren’t being fed. But it is a team game, had we not have lost 5-1 to Accrington and instead lost 2-1...where was the defence and midfield?

We got a good price for a 26 year old that has only had 1 good season in League football.

Feb 15, 2005
Our usual experts glad we have lost our 19 goal striker ( no pens) and foreseeing that he won’t do well. Thanks Freddie and good luck in your new club, I hope you succeed.

Jan 2, 2019
Decent fee for someone who basically has only had one good season in the Football League. Hopefully the add ons aren't silly ones. No doubt he has got some ability but missed some sitters, body language and attitude didn't seem the best at times. Could be a good decision if he reverts how the rest of his career has been apart from last season.

Manchesterlalala":2ueyvm40 said:
Good business. Didn't really rate him as anything other than a goalscorer and the money we got plus the money saved on Carey's wages will surely mean that Lowe can finally bring someone in. I'm hoping the lack of activity so far has all been down to not knowing how much we'd get for Freddie. Now can budget and spend accordingly.

I can’t understand the assumption in this post and others that no announcements yet means a lack of activity. Where’s the evidence?

Good piece of business.

£500k can pay the wages of three or four good players at this level. While Freddie was a good goal scorer who would have continued to bag in the lower division, his build-up play was mediocre and he was something of a flat-track bully.

I understand why to many people he gave the impression of playing for the name on the back of his shirt rather than the badge on the front of it.

I wish him the best of luck at Rotherham, albeit if I were connected with the club I wouldn’t have spent that fee on him.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Rotherham are a decent club but one thing about crowds up there is, he will be expected to put a shift in every game. Posers won’t be tolerated up there. It’s one of the reasons Ryan Lowe was so popular in the one season he spent at Hillsborough. He was a goal scorer who worked his socks off for the team.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I think this is a very decent deal for Argyle. 500k is a lot to spend if Lowe gets the bulk of it, and if we get 650k even better. Good luck Freddie, and thanks for the goals and the transfer fee!

Jan 2, 2006
500k will cover the signing on fees and agent fees for 5 or 6 decent free agents. Don’t expect us to be buying players