Goodbye Callum Burton | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye Callum Burton

greenplumber

Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
Good luck Callum, thank you for your time at our club, wishing the best for the future, you deserve it.

Oct 5, 2013
Excellent keeper, and brilliant the role he has played for Argyle ever since he’s been with us. Will watch what unfolds for him with great interest.

Reactions: StrictlyGreen

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Excellent keeper, and brilliant the role he has played for Argyle ever since he’s been with us. Will watch what unfolds for him with great interest.
A model pro Phil. He deserves to be number 1 somewhere now and hopefully he can find that.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Callum Burton's wife has tweeted that he's leaving.
Good luck to him, we don't have too many title winners in the history of the club but he's one of them.

View attachment 15258
Best of luck to him. Seems a thoroughly nice fellah and deserves to be playing somewhere. And compared to some of the non-player tweets in recent months, this lady has always shown real class too.

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
All been said by others, but thanks again - any club will be lucky to have you on board

🙌👏

Go well Pilgrim

Jul 5, 2023
I've always loved Callum Burton, he stepped up when we needed him, that was big shoes to fill. I remember Neil Dewsnip's story last year. In a group session the discussion was about not being picked to start a match and how players who were left out would feel. Dewsnip said to Callum, this is a situation you find yourself in every week - because Coops automatically gets picked. How did he feel? Callum said I know Im not going to be picked to start a match, but if I am, I know I'll be ready. That takes humility and resilience and belief in the squad. I bet when Callum said this, it had a massive affect on the players last year. Success doesn't only come from who gets picked, and who gets to play, it comes from behind the scenes.

Go well Callum, I'll keep an eye out for your next career steps

May 22, 2006
Watched him in the warm up at Hillsborough before Coops got injured. Couldn’t save anything. When he was called upon for the rest of the season he never let us down. Also hasn’t openly moaned about being second or third choice. Top guy.

Jul 6, 2005
Important for his career that he moves on but sad to see him go because of the important role he played in our Championship season.

If there was one player we would not have wanted to lose back then it was Michael Cooper. When he got injured at Hillsborough we all feared our promotion campaign might be de-railed.

But Callum Burton stepped up and did a brilliant job to the extent that Cooper wasn't really missed.

Thanks for all you did when you were really needed and best wishes for next season with a new club.