Good signs for next season | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Good signs for next season

ITFC EFL

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 5, 2023
I can see Ipswich going for Whittaker
I'd be surprised if we did. Not sure his off the ball work is good enough for the Premier League and with Broadhead on the other side, the right-winger needs to hold the width rather than cut inside. I think Whittaker's next move should be to a top end side in Ligue 1/Eredivisie rather than relegation battlers in the Premier League, it would suit his skillset better.

Cooper could be a possibility, he'd be a smart pickup for us with his value being diminished due to his contract situation and injuries. Maybe Walton could go the other way but there would need to be subsidies our end on his wages.

Jan 6, 2004
I'd be surprised if we did. Not sure his off the ball work is good enough for the Premier League and with Broadhead on the other side, the right-winger needs to hold the width rather than cut inside. I think Whittaker's next move should be to a top end side in Ligue 1/Eredivisie rather than relegation battlers in the Premier League, it would suit his skillset better.

Cooper could be a possibility, he'd be a smart pickup for us with his value being diminished due to his contract situation and injuries. Maybe Walton could go the other way but there would need to be subsidies our end on his wages.
If I were you I would be after Cooper rather than Whittaker. Cooper is definitely premier league ready and has been faultless in the last month or so of the season, his ability to command the area and gather crosses is now second to none in my eyes. As long as you do not rely on long passes with his feet - he cant do that, but his throw outs are great.

Last edited:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall

Rumoured that Cooper is off for £8m.

Reactions: ITFC EFL

ITFC EFL

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 5, 2023
Rumoured that Cooper is off for £8m.
I assume that would be including add-ons? He’s definitely a potential Premier League keeper but that’s a very good price to get given his injury history and contract length.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I assume that would be including add-ons? He’s definitely a potential Premier League keeper but that’s a very good price to get given his injury history and contract length.
No idea, just rumours, but I agree it's a good price. I wouldn't worry about his injuries,2 separate and distinct injuries. Just unlucky.

Reactions: ITFC EFL
Jan 6, 2004
As monkey said he is not particularly injury prone just unlucky last 18 months or so. He is now back to peak form. £8m does not seem a lot to pay these days for a premier league standard player. He only has one year on his contract but he is Argyle born and bred, he will not threaten to run his contract down in search of the best deal for him.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
As monkey said he is not particularly injury prone just unlucky last 18 months or so. He is now back to peak form. £8m does not seem a lot to pay these days for a premier league standard player. He only has one year on his contract but he is Argyle born and bred, he will not threaten to run his contract down in search of the best deal for him.
I thought he was born and bred in Exeter!

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Trafford went for 20m ! Cooper won the best goalie in the divisional award ahead of him !

Mar 30, 2024
A lot less than last February which from memory is last time he scored
Sadly Whittakers valuation will have dropped likewise for a myriad of reasons not least his dire performance against Hull one of far too many last few months

Anyway I'm certain Hardie is going nowhere and if Hallett sticks to contracts signed rather than letting Whittaker do a Shumacher than neither is our top scorer

Where the £10 million comes from for a massive rebuild this summer (over and above new monies next season) I really dont know as Hallett is clearly more interested in the overall portfolio value of the club and I cant blame him
It's strange that our fans are berrating the recent performances of Morgan Whittaker, when opposition fans fequently say things like 'That Whittaker was a constant threat', 'I think we should take a look at him' and 'He's some player'. In my opinion he's been double marked vitually every time he's got the ball, which should in theory provide an advantage elsewhere in the forward line. It is this what needs to be addressed. I think Finn Azaz ably demonstrated that and he has been a great loss.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Trafford went for 20m ! Cooper won the best goalie in the divisional award ahead of him !
Trafford was 20 and starred in the England U21 team that won the Euros last summer, Cooper was 23 and has no England recognition. Trafford has just completed his first season in the Premier League at 21. Cooper has had half a season in the Championship at 24 after two injuries. I think the relative fees are about right.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Trafford was 20 and starred in the England U21 team that won the Euros last summer, Cooper was 23 and has no England recognition. Trafford has just completed his first season in the Premier League at 21. Cooper has had half a season in the Championship at 24 after two injuries. I think the relative fees are about right.
Without wishing to be pedantic. Trafford was sold with no Premier League experience.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
8m seems a fair price to me, assuming 20-25% sell on clause. If he doesn't go he'll need a very good contract to keep him on, as I've no doubt we need him next season but can't lose him to a free, and he'll continue to increase in value.

Dec 30, 2011
If we've really already been offered £8M before the Prem season has even finished, we ought to hold out for 15M

Reactions: Essence of Tong
Jan 6, 2004
8m seems a fair price to me, assuming 20-25% sell on clause. If he doesn't go he'll need a very good contract to keep him on, as I've no doubt we need him next season but can't lose him to a free, and he'll continue to increase in value.
I cannot see us paying him the seven figure salary he could undoubtedly get elsewhere. I am afraid I cannot see a logical reason why he will not leave this summer.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
If we've really already been offered £8M before the Prem season has even finished, we ought to hold out for 15M

If he's only got a year left on his contract then we're hardly in a position to play hard-ball when there's a risk we could lose him for nothing.