Good signs for next season | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Good signs for next season

Nov 22, 2018
In terms of what we've established from this season, we can say the squad (contracted) can be broken down into the following;

Top End Championship
Cooper
Whittaker

Championship
Mumba
Gibson
Galloway
Forshaw
Hardie

Good Squad Depth
Hazard
Scarr
Edwards
Houghton
C Wright
Miller
Randell
Bundu

Jury is out
Pleggy
Earley
Sorinola

Not Good Enough
T Wright
Waine

Not Good Enough - YET (Loan)
Issaka
Baker
Endacott
Halls

(my opinion of course)

That is 7 players, with a full substitutes bench, bar none being sold, that can perform effectively and well in a Championship level XI. Add 4 more to come in to cement ourselves in Millwall or Swansea's position next year and we can be happy!

Reactions: Neilio and Deacster

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Not according to some . We sign players then say to the new boss here are the players we have selected for you and here are the tactics we expect you to adopt. Should work well! 🙄

No, what some are saying is that a head coach works with the players he's got. Of course he's got a say in who we bring in (I. E. all the England youth players that Foster signed). But generally it's done in identifying positions and using data. Certainty initially anyway. Once we have a list of players, the head coach is brought in. Neil Dewsnip and Andrew Parkinson explained all this when SS left.

As for tactics, you're being silly. A new manager won't be told 'here are the tactics'. They'll be given the brief that we expect to play a certain way. Attacking entertaining football.

It's not that difficult to grasp is it?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
In terms of what we've established from this season, we can say the squad (contracted) can be broken down into the following;

Top End Championship
Cooper
Whittaker

Championship
Mumba
Gibson
Galloway
Forshaw
Hardie

Good Squad Depth
Hazard
Scarr
Edwards
Houghton
C Wright
Miller
Randell
Bundu

Jury is out
Pleggy
Earley
Sorinola

Not Good Enough
T Wright
Waine

Issaka
Baker
Endacott
Halls

(my opinion of course)

That is 7 players, with a full substitutes bench, bar none being sold, that can perform effectively and well in a Championship level XI. Add 4 more to come in to cement ourselves in Millwall or Swansea's position next year and we can be happy!

You’ve missed a player out

Feb 10, 2024

Top End Championship
Cooper
Whittaker

Championship
Mumba
Gibson
Galloway
Forshaw
Hardie

Good Squad Depth
Hazard
Scarr
Edwards
Houghton
C Wright
Miller
Randell
Bundu

Jury is out
Pleggy
Earley
Sorinola

Not Good Enough
T Wright
Waine

Issaka
Baker
Endacott
Halls

(my opinion of course)

Young players need game time in small increments to gain experience and confidence, ours don’t get it really ( all of your not good enough yet group) lots of good clubs play good young players and it pays off…

Feb 20, 2021
What? Do you not have a TV? All keepers make the occasional error but the Ipswich fellah has been absolutely brilliant all season.
Hes been great I agree. Its a big step up for Ipswich next season though, with £100 million + banked for promotion, they’ll need to strengthen throughout the team. Hladky was Christian Waltons understudy in League 1 last season remember.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth

Top End Championship
Cooper
Whittaker

Championship
Mumba
Gibson
Galloway
Forshaw
Hardie

Good Squad Depth
Hazard
Scarr
Edwards
Houghton
C Wright
Miller
Randell
Bundu

Jury is out
Pleggy
Earley
Sorinola

Not Good Enough
T Wright
Waine

Issaka
Baker
Endacott
Halls

(my opinion of course)

I'd put Waine in the 'not good enough yet' category

Jul 12, 2016
No, what some are saying is that a head coach works with the players he's got. Of course he's got a say in who we bring in (I. E. all the England youth players that Foster signed). But generally it's done in identifying positions and using data. Certainty initially anyway. Once we have a list of players, the head coach is brought in. Neil Dewsnip and Andrew Parkinson explained all this when SS left.

As for tactics, you're being silly. A new manager won't be told 'here are the tactics'. They'll be given the brief that we expect to play a certain way. Attacking entertaining football.

It's not that difficult to grasp is it?
It was for Foster. You call me silly but surely tactics are linked to the style of a football required .I don’t think you know what you are talking about.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Can anyone on here remember Roger Hutchinson and Mickey Evans?

Just like Balham Green and Hot Dog! :D
TBF as I grew up with Evans I know what sort of person he is/was away from the pitch so had no time for him and don't regard him as a legend like many others but I wouldn't have slated him on here, just don't like him.
Its just a shame Balham cant admit that Hardie isn't too bad, I have no idea who the Roger guy is though.