Goals (striker debate) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goals (striker debate)

Aug 5, 2016
So are you suggesting they are realistic striking options? They are not. They played there for very short periods of time, obviously because there was no-one else. That doesn't make them strikers. We need a target man anyway.
We don’t need one if Lowe doesn’t want one?
It isn’t really his style of football.

Aug 5, 2016
Well Nouble was a waste of time and wages, so maybe it is a case of lesson learnt?
If the ball needs holding up, Niall Ennis will do it better than a journeyman targetman anyway. He is a much more clever, intricate player with other aspects to his game. However if that is the specific job Lowe wants doing, then Ennis can do it.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
We play 2 upfront. We have 2 fit strikers. Shirley, much as I like him, is only getting minutes because there is no-one else.
Last season before the end of August we had 5 centre forwards at the club; Hardie, Jephcott, Nouble, Telford and then Abraham.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We play 2 upfront. We have 2 fit strikers. Shirley, much as I like him, is only getting minutes because there is no-one else.
Last season before the end of August we had 5 centre forwards at the club; Hardie, Jephcott, Nouble, Telford and then Abraham.
Plus Moore

Reactions: RKB
Oct 5, 2013
So are you suggesting they are realistic striking options? They are not. They played there for very short periods of time, obviously because there was no-one else. That doesn't make them strikers. We need a target man anyway.
Yes I agree with PL2 that Broom and Garrick are realistic striking options (in event of a situation where we had no other choices).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

I'm just stating the fact that Lowe has played Garrick and Broom as strikers so he must see them as an option as a striker.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I am interested in this posting as to just when and where these guys played together as strikers under Lowe?
I need enlightenment, please

They havent played together, yet. Broom played as a striker in the later stages of the Cambridge game and Garrick came on and played as a striker in the Shrewsbury game.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Reactions: philevs
Oct 5, 2013
No evidence of an effective striking partnership then. Just great hopes in a possible crisis.
That’s correct. Quite like the look of it myself. From what I’ve seen, Broom certainly looks the part, and the way Garrick went past the fullback against Shrewsbury was awesome.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Agree with Balham and Quintrell.

We surely can’t realistically include Broom and Mayor as striker options.

Garrick - no idea, but there’s a world of difference between developing striking partnerships (which is the main plus of 2 upfront), and throwing a midfielder upfront in hope.

We have 2 available for the next 6 weeks at least, plus a youth player who’s nowhere near ready for League 1.

Teams will continue to set up at Home Park as Gillingham and Cambridge did, able to frustrate us knowing our options to freshen up or tactically tweak inplay are minimal. I’m sure there’ll also be bruisers out to injure Hardie and Jephcott vs some of the less refined opposition, knowing we have no other options, or any other way of playing other than with a front 2.

We may get lucky. But that’s not the point.