Goalkeepers | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goalkeepers

Oct 31, 2015
oldage":1b0ui718 said:
Hopefully after today's display the doubters will get off Letheren's back.

Agree if he maintains that standard we will be fine at the back. Hope his injury is ok.

Did he or the defender get that one on one because it was a superb save by someone

Sep 2, 2008
rsp4":1ttigvg1 said:
oldage":1ttigvg1 said:

Agree if he maintains that standard we will be fine at the back. Hope his injury is ok.

Did he or the defender get that one on one because it was a superb save by someone

Was Letheren. The guy didn't flinch and just threw himself into the mix. Did fear the worse though when he wasn't getting up.

Oct 31, 2015
Pottypilgrim":1w51eif3 said:
rsp4":1w51eif3 said:
oldage":1w51eif3 said:

Was Letheren. The guy didn't flinch and just threw himself into the mix. Did fear the worse though when he wasn't getting up.

Says it all really. Hope he is ok for Tuesday

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":6l41h0k1 said:
I’m one and I am happy to eat humble pie. I have always thought that he looked too bulky but he seemed to look even fitter and leaner than he did in the Oxford game.
I hope that he’s fit for Tuesday.

Oct 31, 2015
Just watched the highlights and Letheren did very well with the point blank save. From behind him it looked like it hit him but seeing it from the camera he moved across the goal very quickly

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
This isn't a dig as such but I do wonder whether certain posters (Sam Jones, Justin, BG etc) will come on and praise Letheren for his performance yesterday considering they've been all too keen previously to point out his flaws.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Since returning to Argyle in 2017 Letheren's league record isn't too bad - won 4, drawn 4, lost 3.
He's unbeaten in his last 8 league games.

Sep 2, 2008
Cobi Budge":w5kfbw5y said:
This isn't a dig as such but I do wonder whether certain posters (Sam Jones, Justin, BG etc) will come on and praise Letheren for his performance yesterday considering they've been all too keen previously to point out his flaws.

:funny: You know that isn't going to happen Cobi. For those saves that needed the goalie to throw himself into a place where its going to hurt and to narrow the angle, Macey would have stayed on his line. The fact is that if Macey was in goal yesterday then we would have lost that game. Don't take this the wrong way Macey lovers; I'm not a Macey hater. I just believe that Letheren is a better keeper....always have. Furthermore, I actually think he's a better keeper than Matthews. Letheren is what I would call an old school keeper. Not worried about if his hair looks ok or worried that he might get hurt in a challenge. He simply wants to do everything he possibly can to stop that ball getting past him and into the onion bag. He has good safe hands, commands his area and has a decent kick on him with both feet. My No1 for the rest of the season. Really hope he manages to stay injury free. Forgot to mention that he has pretty good reflexes as well. I notice nearly all the players went up to him after the game showing their appreciation. Makes me think that he has the backing of the players as well.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":mck5uuix said:

Do nt forget IJN!
Ive only seen brief highlights which shows one save he knew little about and one good block. HOWEVER I can guarantee if Macey had let in the free kick he would have been slated!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Balham_Green":3b3pv5e9 said:
Cobi Budge":3b3pv5e9 said:

Do nt forget IJN!
Ive only seen brief highlights which shows one save he knew little about and one good block. HOWEVER I can guarantee if Macey had let in the free kick he would have been slated!

Highlights? Weren't you there?

Dec 3, 2005
Looks to me that the answer to some of the defensive problems has been sitting on the bench all this time!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I get the feeling that Macey has more natural talent which makes him better at the spectacular saves but not so good at playing as part of the team. On the other hand, without so much raw talent, Letheren has had to learn his craft and that makes him better at decision making.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Pottypilgrim":3oihkd5p said:
Furthermore, I actually think he's a better keeper than Matthews.
Wow that's quite the compliment, I loved Remi last season but I agree. His form is unbelievable atm.