Goalkeepers | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goalkeepers

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":62ycs44d said:
That's also never a penalty, the ball hits Sarcevic at speed and he has his arm by his body.

I heard some people referring to the end of the game as a 'collapse', hardly, a lucky penalty & a great strike, wasn't much we could do about either.

Would be more credible if you got the right player. It hit Edwards arm.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2tsdnkke said:
Cobi Budge":2tsdnkke said:
That's also never a penalty, the ball hits Sarcevic at speed and he has his arm by his body.

I heard some people referring to the end of the game as a 'collapse', hardly, a lucky penalty & a great strike, wasn't much we could do about either.

Would be more credible if you got the right player. It hit Edwards arm.

Regardless of who the player was, it was harsh to give a penalty for that.

Aug 5, 2016
davie nine":1pjqppiu said:
Petr Cech is retiring at end of this season. I wonder how this will affect Macey’s future?

I think it's abundantly clear that Matt Macey is not on the radar to play Premier League football any time soon. If he was anywhere near ready he wouldn't be on loan two divisions below, he'd be on loan at Bournemouth or Brighton. You wouldn't have seen Angus Gunn on loan in this division this season for that reason because he's far too good.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Knibbsworth":2b8us2l0 said:
davie nine":2b8us2l0 said:
Petr Cech is retiring at end of this season. I wonder how this will affect Macey’s future?

I think it's abundantly clear that Matt Macey is not on the radar to play Premier League football any time soon. If he was anywhere near ready he wouldn't be on loan two divisions below, he'd be on loan at Bournemouth or Brighton. You wouldn't have seen Angus Gunn on loan in this division this season for that reason because he's far too good.

This!

This season is Macey's chance to sell himself and put himself on the shopping list for another club.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
davie nine":ptbqectw said:

Bit off topic, but suspect he'd be sending his own retirement bash invites, given Macey's distribution.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Roos starting for Derby tonight, now there's a keeper I would have liked back, wasn't here for long but in terms of quality (especially his distribution) he's probably the best keeper we've had since Button/Stockdale.

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
Spoke to the big man. He's keen. :lol:

10f15qb.png

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Adams on Matthews -

“I obviously know that Remi is back to Norwich and he’s either going to stay at Norwich or probably get sold to another club. I don’t have money to buy him.

On who is first choice between Macey and Letheren -

“It’s not difficult at all, Kyle Letheren is in place at this moment in time and that’s how it stands.”

On Cooper -

“Michael Cooper is available to go on loan if we find the appropriate club for him.

It has to be at the right level for him to develop, and at this moment in time that is the National League or League Two.”

Sep 19, 2015
Be great if we could get Cooper out playing compettive football until the end of the season! I fully expect Cooper to be challenging and cementing a first team position down next season. The boy has bundles of ability and we need to utilise this before somebody else takes him off of our hands on the cheap and grabs themselves a diamond!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Definitely agree that we should be trying to get Cooper out on loan, but I do see what Adams is saying, it has to be a decent level, loaning him to Truro or a club like them wouldn't do much for him.

Jan 27, 2012
If Adams could send back Macey and loan out Cooper then maybe Remi could sign ? Wishful thinking I know. But Remi would be such a good investment.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Think he's pretty much ruled out any return for Remi as there would be something to pay and we don't have the funds.

Our best hope is that Letheren steps up to the mark and gives the best 1/2 season performance of his career and someone in L2 or National League are interested in giving Cooper a run out so he can be number 1 next season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
gaspargomez":z9q0pesv said:
If Adams could send back Macey and loan out Cooper then maybe Remi could sign ? Wishful thinking I know. But Remi would be such a good investment.

I’m not giving up hope of Remi signing. Adams has said he’s not signing a 4th keeper and I totally agree with that, so that means to me that someone needs to leave to free up a spot.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
JannerinCardiff":3poc3m89 said:
gaspargomez":3poc3m89 said:

I’m not giving up hope of Remi signing. Adams has said he’s not signing a 4th keeper and I totally agree with that, so that means to me that someone needs to leave to free up a spot.

But he also said Norwich are looking to sell Matthews and he hasn't got the money to buy him.

Norwich might cut their losses and pay off Matthews so that he can find another club but that's doubtful.

Adams comment that Letheren is number 1 will reach Arsenal so they might recall Macey giving Adams some money to spend on the wages of another loan keeper.