Goalkeepers | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goalkeepers

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
PlymouthCasual":1rgp7bm2 said:
Be great if we could get Cooper out playing compettive football until the end of the season! I fully expect Cooper to be challenging and cementing a first team position down next season. The boy has bundles of ability and we need to utilise this before somebody else takes him off of our hands on the cheap and grabs themselves a diamond!
Exactly.

Feb 8, 2005
PL2 3DQ":1awjnwob said:
JannerinCardiff":1awjnwob said:
gaspargomez":1awjnwob said:
If Adams could send back Macey and loan out Cooper then maybe Remi could sign ? Wishful thinking I know. But Remi would be such a good investment.

I’m not giving up hope of Remi signing. Adams has said he’s not signing a 4th keeper and I totally agree with that, so that means to me that someone needs to leave to free up a spot.

But he also said Norwich are looking to sell Matthews and he hasn't got the money to buy him.

Norwich might cut their losses and pay off Matthews so that he can find another club but that's doubtful.

Adams comment that Letheren is number 1 will reach Arsenal so they might recall Macey giving Adams some money to spend on the wages of another loan keeper.

Good thinking Postey. It is not possible for the Club to release Macey, we have him on a season long loan. However, Arsenal ARE able to recall him now, and if they are of the opinion that Macey will be sat on the bench for the rest of the season, then they could make that call for him to be loaned out elsewhere.
Of course, Adams cannot get Mathews in other than as a loan (we cannot afford the wage that Bolton could have offered him), and he cannot do that unless Macey has first been recalled by Arsenal, so it is not really in his hands. Decisions may not be made until nearer the close of the window, anyway.,
But it IS a possibility, however small.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If one of either Macey going back to Arsenal or Cooper going out on loan happens, Remi coming back is not totally dead in the water I reckon..

Jul 12, 2016
Adams has not said Letheren is number one but he is "in place at this moment in time".If Letheren's form dips presumably Macey will regain his position.

Sep 6, 2006
Andy_S":2lroxqml said:
Pogleswoody":2lroxqml said:
I was reading on here (didn't go) thinking that he burbled back over the line, fell over his own feet and fumbled the ball over the line having almost held it!!

What I see is a f***ing Exocet missile ball flying into the net, swerving like a Tory manifesto policy and nigh on impossible to see, let alone save.

Kyle is being criticised for that?? :think: :crazy:

Sadly, yes...by the know alls...who probably weren't within 100 miles of Roots Hall.

Ah the 'know alls'. That would be those who disagree with you I suppose. The 'know nothings! ? Actually I was right behind the goal.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
In the Argyle end? Can’t see a bleddy thing from the other end of the ground, though that was a fantastic angle to see the goal.

I thought it flew in at the time, leaving Letheren with no chance (though you can’t remotely see his positioning from that angle) and the video proves that.

Feb 8, 2005
JannerinCardiff":28hlbqge said:
If one of either Macey going back to Arsenal or Cooper going out on loan happens, Remi coming back is not totally dead in the water I reckon..

If Cooper goes out on loan then he will do so with a recall clause, I suspect, and therefore Matthews will not be required to come in anyway.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Why would he have to have a release clause.? You get special dispensation to bring in an emergency loan keeper if required.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Steve Evans":2dyy2g0w said:
i see remi has joined bolton!

Yeah, the sky commentator in the Norwich game just said he's signed for Bolton on loan, think he's available on a free in the summer though.....

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Why would he be available on a free in the summer if he’s permanently signed for Bolton?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff