Get Steve Cotterill in now! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get Steve Cotterill in now!

k21

Jan 4, 2012
I'm affraid that something serious has to be done. I think that the inexperienced Carl Fletcher is doing his job to best of his ability.
He has not had enough experience for my liking, but I think that one day in the future he may be OK. At this time he should still be playing, he's still one of the best players on our books, GET YOUR KIT ON BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

We are in a very precarious position, almost the same as last year. Last year everyone dug in to get the results. This year it looks as if all those on the playing and coaching staff think that the job is done and that we can't be relegated. BEWARE, the fighting spirit is not as good this year. We need some kind of results URGENTLY before its too late. I love Argyle and I don't want them to drop out of the Football League, if we do it's a long hard road back.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
greengenes":2pen7r1w said:
Didn't Cotteril have a tunnel bust up with one of our players years ago ?
I thought it was Wotton, which makes the OP's double act a bit risky!

Whilst I understand the idea about needing to be better organise etc, if SC is the answer, it just shows how bad the question is!

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
k21":3b97ly0a said:
I'm affraid that something serious has to be done. I think that the inexperienced Carl Fletcher is doing his job to best of his ability.
He has not had enough experience for my liking, but I think that one day in the future he may be OK. At this time he should still be playing, he's still one of the best players on our books, GET YOUR KIT ON BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

We are in a very precarious position, almost the same as last year. Last year everyone dug in to get the results. This year it looks as if all those on the playing and coaching staff think that the job is done and that we can't be relegated. BEWARE, the fighting spirit is not as good this year. We need some kind of results URGENTLY before its too late. I love Argyle and I don't want them to drop out of the Football League, if we do it's a long hard road back.

that's my fear, to be honest i don't care if we do go down as we are all still hurting, ill still love and support the team, there are still some pretty good clubs below us in the blue square, but god forbid it makes me wonder that if the worst comes to the worst and we do go down how hard will it be to climb back up, look at luton town how long ago was it when they went into admin and there still there now. Makes me wonder if rock bottom as been hit yet, Brent needs help to sort afew things out, maybe he is waiting till after xmas. I hope he sorts something out and soon because all i can see is a continuation of the past 2 or 3 years. Don't get me wrong brent as done a wonderful job in saving our club, but it could be worse and will be worse if something isn't done about it.

k21

Jan 4, 2012
We have only kept a clean sheet on two occassions in all competitions. We need to address this quickly.
We all know that its dificult to score two goals ever game so it is IMPORTANT THAT SOME HOW WE SHORE UP THE DEFENCE AND STOP LEAKING GOALS. Over the last four weeks we have conceded 5 goals (at least) from set pieces, can't the coaching staff see this, well they need to and sort it out quick. If I was a coach for our opponents I would instruct them to get the ball high into our box at the earlist oportuity, especially from set pieces. We can see but why can't our manager. Both Warren Feeney and Nick Chadwick are work horses, but they should nevr be played together unless its an emergency. They are both similar players, they push themselves about but they are not just strikers. You need front man and one of them to be picking up the ball laid off by one of them.

k21

Jan 4, 2012
Come on Argyle I love you and will support you through thick and thin but please get things sorted out, we deserve a successful club so please lets have it..

GOOD LUCK TUESDAY LET IT BE THE START OF SOMETHING SPECIAL

COME ON YOU GREENS

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Chadders would be a good target man to lay the ball off to ermm ????? not sure yet ???? you never know we might sign that striker Jamie Cureton from exeter, Now that would be a giggle for so many reasons, if there isnt a change in manager then a couple of signings is a must.

But then our manager isn't the hoof ball type, but i don't give two hoots as long as we start winning games.

P

pafcstafford

pastiesforlife":304gdg18 said:
Completely out of our league in term of salary and you are obviously unaware of his opinion of Wottsie.

I think your find its you who is unaware of his opinion. Quite a good strong relationship if Steve was here you would see wotton join his coaching staff.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
SteveHiscott":oqr96z61 said:
Chadders would be a good target man to lay the ball off to ermm ????? not sure yet ???? you never know we might sign that striker Jamie Cureton from exeter, Now that would be a giggle for so many reasons, if there isnt a change in manager then a couple of signings is a must.

But then our manager isn't the hoof ball type, but i don't give two hoots as long as we start winning games.
Even if we did play hoofball, Chadwick would be an abysmal target man. He can't move and can't control the ball, two attributes needed. Being big (or bigger than most of the squad) isn't the only thing needed to be a target man.

If we did bring Cotterial in and we did play ugly football, Rhys Griffiths would be far an away our best option for a target man.

C

Cult Of Personality

I would like us to see if we can take a punt on a good number 2

David Platt
Brian Kidd
Mike Phealen
Steve Bould

Give them a chance to be a manger they would have great contacts and be up to date with the least manging styles

Feb 21, 2011
GreenSam":2zuhsclv said:
SteveHiscott":2zuhsclv said:

Even if we did play hoofball, Chadwick would be an abysmal target man. He can't move and can't control the ball, two attributes needed. Being big (or bigger than most of the squad) isn't the only thing needed to be a target man.

If we did bring Cotterial in and we did play ugly football, Rhys Griffiths would be far an away our best option for a target man.

Griffiths would be an awful target man as he has proved in the 3 starts he has had versus Wimbledon, Dorchester and Gillingham. He has a better eye for goal but abysmal link play.

Feb 21, 2011
Cult Of Personality":1bbycy2d said:
I would like us to see if we can take a punt on a good number 2

David Platt
Brian Kidd
Mike Phealen
Steve Bould

Give them a chance to be a manger they would have great contacts and be up to date with the least manging styles
I'm assuming that those suggestions are a wind up.

Jul 6, 2011
BadBoy":3icsujoh said:
GreenSam":3icsujoh said:
SteveHiscott":3icsujoh said:

Griffiths would be an awful target man as he has proved in the 3 starts he has had versus Wimbledon, Dorchester and Gillingham. He has a better eye for goal but abysmal link play.

You forgot about his 20 minute cameo, there was some link play in that...

Feb 21, 2011
I said 3 starts If you care to read again, I wasn't present at the 20 min cameo so can't really comment.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
BadBoy":6cp4r78d said:
GreenSam":6cp4r78d said:
SteveHiscott":6cp4r78d said:

Wimbledon can't comment so he wasn't there, Dorchester he had a nightmate but who didn't.

I don't agree that he had a bad game with Gillingham, Chadwick did better when he came on but Rhys still did well in terms of winning the ball and laying it off. His performances against Barnet and Northampton only led me to think he'd be an excellent link-up/target man. His only real stinker that I've seen in terms of his link-up work was Dorchester where everyone had a stinker.