Get Steve Cotterill in now! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Get Steve Cotterill in now!

R

RedGreen

Colin Lee, we have passed him over before, good player and liked his style of management and the football played.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
No. I do not want Steve cotterill and his hateful brand of 'football' here.

Dec 28, 2010
Sanchez!!! If your serious you might aswell get ready for BSP next season and a struggle in that league too with that buffon in charge.
Tisdale, dont see the big deal in him to be honest and never have.

Andy Scott would be a good and realistic choice, as would Steve Tilson in my opinion. Steve Cotterill would get us winning again and possibly promoted but we are not at his level at this time so no chance.

Any manager currently in employment you can rule out for a start guys and girls

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
GreenSam":300f673x said:
Dan Ellard":300f673x said:
pilgrimage":300f673x said:
Kevin Hodges as caretaker to see what he can do. Then make a decision.

:facepalm:

Are the years 1999, 2000 and 2001 familiar in your history?
They're better years than 2012 though as far as league position goes.

Were you there, Sam?

The dross on offer needed to be seen to be believed.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Argyle_4_Life":2pd51vai said:
GreenSam":2pd51vai said:
Dan Ellard":2pd51vai said:
pilgrimage":2pd51vai said:

Were you there, Sam?

No and I accept that, I've read and heard all about how bad they were. More of a Devil's Advocate thing really given the dross that's on offer at the moment.

I wouldn't want him as manager at all-caretaker MAYBE as there are few options at the club. Manager no.

Dec 28, 2010
pilgrimage":1l7tplzh said:

I would rather keep him in charge of the youth system in my opinion, it seems to be his forte and i for one believe its in good hands with Hodgie

Dec 3, 2005
cheshiregreen":2qz3yf9e said:
keithobro":2qz3yf9e said:
I was listening to Gary Neville's "expert" commentary on Sky Sports earlier and much as I hate Man U, I reckon he will make an excellent manager some day. But he's not what Argyle need right now, for sure. So, I was browsing through a website entitled "The Sack Race", dedicated to tracking which managers are in jeopardy and also listing those uot fo work and I came up with these potential replacements for our current, seemingly inept incumbent:
Phil Brown
Steve Cotterill
Owen Coyle
Billy Davies
Gary Megson
Gary Neville
Peter Reid
Walter Smith
Gordon Strachan
Gary Waddock
Dennis Wise
Nigel Worthington

Now, I know we had Peter Reid before, but I think this time he'd have a better basis of players to work from. Of those listed, I think I'd have to go for Cotterill, Brown or Davies, but I reckon any of them would do a better job than CF right now.

We are in League 2. The majority of that list would have no interest at managing at our level with their track records.

Secondly, their salary demands will be way above what we are prepared to pay.

Surely if your out of work and love football, you would want to get back in the game, at any level and pay, wouldn't you. Any of these guys must be biting at the bit, to get back into football.

Dec 28, 2010
You would think so 'djg145' but managers are no different than players these days, they have agents too who are looking for the 'right deal' for all parties involved.

Its not like managers are desperate to get a job for money concerns as they are still living off their last contract that was paid off, they have time to wait and choose

Dec 7, 2006
Bruce Rioch
George Burley
Jim Magilton
Simon Davey

Four more for the list. ( BTW, what's George Graham up to these days?)

G

Greenskin

Argyle_4_Life":1jguttzu said:
GreenSam":1jguttzu said:
Dan Ellard":1jguttzu said:
pilgrimage":1jguttzu said:

Were you there, Sam?

I was there.There was indeed quite a lot of rubbish but there were also some good performances as well.I can't really imagine this current side getting to the 3rd and 4th round of the FA cup in succcessive seasons,going undefeated in two seasons against our closest neighbours or staying in play off contention until April,which was the case in Hodges first season at the club.There were some very good players brought to the club by Hodges,who would walk into the current team IMHO-O'Sullivan,Stonebridge,Hargreaves,McGregor and Marshall spring readily to mind.Not trying to look on that era with rose coloured specs by any means [i was at the debacle at Cheltenham and also at Orient when Argyle had their first shot in injury time] but it wasn't all bad and at the moment i wouldn't say that the current team compares favourably in any way.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
PL2 3DQ":1xp0u036 said:
Steve Cotterill would be the type of sergeant major manager the team needs should Fletcher leave Argyle.

Cotterill's last job was at Nottingham Forest, he joined them in October 2011 when they were in the relegation zone and led them to safety, although his style of football was not stylish enough for Forest or the Championship.

As we've seen at first hand this season League Two is all about keeping shape and playing for a set-piece - exactly the type of football that Cotterill plays.

We need to stop the rot and the decline; let's do that first and worry about the pretty football whenever we get to League One. We need results, first and foremost.

Ive been thinking Cotterill for a while...he went to Notts County a couple of years back and secured promotion, he stabilised things at pompey when they had similar problems to ourselves, he kept Forest up too...what we need right now is someone who is up for the fight and can move us up the table....

Other out of work manager I respect is Mick Wadsworth, did well at Carlisle and more recently was unlucky to ge the sack at Hartlepool. He's a good coach with experience at this level...

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Doesn't have to be Steve Cotterill but someone with experience. Otherwise attendances will fall further and then it will be a downward spiral

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Peter Reid had experience but couldn't muster a result.

It's character as well. Someone has to come in to lift the players and make them feel like they are good enough to get results. 80 % of the players we have right are good enough to for this league. The problem now is getting confidence back into them and making them drive on for a result even if we go a goal down.

SC gets my vote.