Georgie Kelly (signs for Rotherham) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Georgie Kelly (signs for Rotherham)

Sep 6, 2006
Two things l don’t understand.

Why would the priority be a 5th forward?

More importantly if you look at his goals he needs a supply. Look at Jephcott’s goals. When he gets the service from wide areas he scores goals. Look at both his last two goals. Balls from the byline and a bit of movement. Bang. Goal. We mentioned Marquis and he scores goals of that ilk. Yet he can’t do it if he doesn’t have a supply.

l would like to see a more physical forward. However, the priority needs to be someone to supply our current forwards from wide positions.

If we sign this guy and don’t fix the width issue he will be starved of service. Just like Jephcott.
I think there is the service but the current strikers are not strong enough in the air to compete with the centre backs. Can you imagine any of them getting the type of goal like their 2nd last night.? What's the point signing players 'to fix the width issues if there is nobody capable of getting on the end of crosses?

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I think there is the service but the current strikers are not strong enough in the air to compete with the centre backs. Can you imagine any of them getting the type of goal like their 2nd last night.? What's the point signing players 'to fix the width issues if there is nobody capable of getting on the end of crosses?

Who gets to the byline though like that Fleetwood player?

Against Lincoln it was Ennis who set up Jephcott. Garrick set up Jephcott for his goal against Fleetwood.

Grant is a good crosser, as shown by his cross for Edwards, yet most of the time he needs someone to open up the space in order for him to cross. So your effectively asking two players to do one job. eg Mayor to move from CM to the wing to open up space for Grant.

That then leaves us exposed in midfield.

As for Edwards, it’s just not his game getting crosses into the box.

For me, you need to sort the supply line first. Then deal with the end product part.

C

Cult Of Personality

I think it boils down to if there is a good player available and you add him to your squad then you gotta kinda go for it. Kelly would not really be a signing for this season tho if he got some goals it could help us push back for the playoffs. But i would see him more as a signing for next season. It would also allow Garrick to push back out wide as a wing back so you would still get your 4 strikers and now Garrick as cover for both striker and wing back positions

Reactions: Deacster
Apr 1, 2009
I think it boils down to if there is a good player available and you add him to your squad then you gotta kinda go for it. Kelly would not really be a signing for this season tho if he got some goals it could help us push back for the playoffs. But i would see him more as a signing for next season. It would also allow Garrick to push back out wide as a wing back so you would still get your 4 strikers and now Garrick as cover for both striker and wing back positions
Why would you not see Kelly as a signing for this season? I'm confused that you say he's more for next season, but then base that argument around Garrick who is a loanee (at present).

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Sep 6, 2006
Who gets to the byline though like that Fleetwood player?

Against Lincoln it was Ennis who set up Jephcott. Garrick set up Jephcott for his goal against Fleetwood.

Grant is a good crosser, as shown by his cross for Edwards, yet most of the time he needs someone to open up the space in order for him to cross. So your effectively asking two players to do one job. eg Mayor to move from CM to the wing to open up space for Grant.

That then leaves us exposed in midfield.

As for Edwards, it’s just not his game getting crosses into the box.

For me, you need to sort the supply line first. Then deal with the end product part.
I've seen us get many many crosses in to the box this season with nobody getting on the end of them. Hardie doesn't even jump.