Georgie Kelly (signs for Rotherham) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Georgie Kelly (signs for Rotherham)

Aug 5, 2016
I'm not making the decision. But you said you were confident so just wondering what the evidence was....
The footage of the League of Ireland - the same footage as any other new signing or player we haven't yet seen in a green shirt.

Just think, apparently you haven't seen this player, and don't have an opinion. And we know this player has signed for another club for 3.5 years.

And you are still stubbornly making effort to force an argument?

About a player you've never heard of and haven't seen, not from this country, who definitely isn't signing for us.

Time will tell if we made a mistake and he blasts goals in for Rotherham, but lets just say I don't think Argyle should have offered a 4 year contract for a player totally unproven at this professional standard.

Apologies if that comes across as a controversial opinion.

Sep 6, 2006
The footage of the League of Ireland - the same footage as any other new signing or player we haven't yet seen in a green shirt.

Just think, apparently you haven't seen this player, and don't have an opinion. And we know this player has signed for another club for 3.5 years.

And you are still stubbornly making effort to force an argument.

About a player you've never heard of and haven't seen, not from this country, who definitely isn't signing for us.

Can't you just have a day off? 🙄
I'll have a day off when I choose thank you. As you are making such rash statements based on some youtube footage perhaps you are due one. I guess that helps you to have a much better judgement than the Argyle scouts as perhaps that's all they saw as well. They wouldn't have actually watched the player in the flesh of course.

Jul 12, 2016
Apparently had a medical at Rotherham on Friday so why was he at Home Park on Saturday?

Aug 5, 2016
I'll have a day off when I choose thank you. As you are making such rash statements based on some youtube footage perhaps you are due one. I guess that helps you to have a much better judgement than the Argyle scouts as perhaps that's all they saw as well. They wouldn't have actually watched the player in the flesh of course.
The Argyle scouts most likely reported that he was worth the risk and could potentially do damage at this level.
They possibly didn't put in their report we should offer him more than top of the league, commit to a big salary 4 season deal and treat him like a star player.
The player found the deal that is right for him and good luck to him. I don't think it is a controversial opinion to believe he is too unproven to be fighting off Rotherham and handing out a 3.5 year contract for a club of our size and means.
Rotherham have had enough of Ladapo so they have a vacancy for a well paid starting striker in their side. We don't have that hole in our starting side. We have 4 good fit and firing strikers.
Our circumstances and Rotherham's are totally different.

Sep 6, 2006
The Argyle scouts most likely reported that he was worth the risk and could potentially do damage at this level.
They possibly didn't put in their report we should offer him more than top of the league, commit to a big salary 4 season deal and treat him like a star player.
The player found the deal that is right for him and good luck to him. I don't think it is a controversial opinion to believe he is too unproven to be fighting off Rotherham and handing out a 3.5 year contract for a club of our size and means.
Rotherham have had enough of Ladapo so they have a vacancy for a well paid starting striker in their side. We don't have that hole in our starting side. We have 4 good fit and firing strikers.
Our circumstances and Rotherham's are totally different.
Where did I mention Rotherham?. You stated you were sure he was no better than what we already have, without ever seeing him play.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Apparently had a medical at Rotherham on Friday so why was he at Home Park on Saturday?
His medical was today. He bombed us out on Tuesday.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The player has made is choice . Life goes on & we live to fight another day. If a player declines what we have offered so be it. We don't, know what goes on behind the scenes between players & their agents. If a player does not want to sign a contract that we have offered we move on. I would rather we sign a player that totally buys into what our club is about & can totally commit. There will be players that would jump at the chance to sign for us & I'm sure the management team will know who they are. I'm more than happy to let the powers that be get on with it
What will be will be

Sep 6, 2006
The player has made is choice . Life goes on & we live to fight another day. If a player declines what we have offered so be it. We don't, know what goes on behind the scenes between players & their agents. If a player does not want to sign a contract that we have offered we move on. I would rather we sign a player that totally buys into what our club is about & can totally commit. There will be players that would jump at the chance to sign for us & I'm sure the management team will know who they are. I'm more than happy to let the powers that be get on with it
What will be will be
'Let the powers that be get on with it'. What ELSE can we do?

Reactions: Frank the Phone
May 8, 2011
This thread reads like a Waldorf and Statler sketch.
Happens a lot when a player is rumoured to be signing and then chooses somewhere else or a player leaves.

Jun 27, 2019
Happens a lot when a player is rumoured to be signing and then chooses somewhere else or a player leaves.
Yeah, though some of us weren't impressed by this guy's pedigree even when it looked like he might be signing for us.

Three-and-a-half years is madness.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012

Yeah it does. Spurn us Janners and you’ll be damned forever.

Dec 3, 2005
Why hasn't this thread been put on The Football Forum? It's not about an Argyle player past or present.