Georgie Kelly (signs for Rotherham) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Georgie Kelly (signs for Rotherham)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’ve said it many times. Matt from FGR would give us something different than we have now plus he’d have a point to prove.

Reactions: Cobi Budge
Jul 28, 2020
T
Do you think we could afford to sign a player like Bowman?
The fee for his summer transfer was undisclosed - but I remember reading that Steve Cotterill was quite happy with the sum he paid.

As to what he’s worth now that’s anybody’s guess ( if indeed he’s for sale)- like all sales and purchases it’s a question of what you can negotiate ( and may or may not reflect the value). 😉

Aug 5, 2016
I honestly don't think we need a 5th striker unless one is leaving.

We already have Ennis, Jephcott, Garrick and Hardie. If all are fit and available, who is missing out so the Irishman can play?

Kelly looks a good finisher, but so is Jephcott with that much time and space. In League One you don't tend to have plenty of time to pick your spot - whole games go by where the strikers don't have a chance between them.

Apr 30, 2011
Well maybe not bitterly, but disappointed someone has chosen another club over us. Sounds like we've identified him as someone that could make a difference, and Irish league player of the year isn't bad.

I'd like to fast forward into a future where we're not struggling against clubs like Fleetwood and getting gazumped by 'the likes of' Rotherham :ROFLMAO:
I'm disappointed. Feels like getting turned down in the kebab shop at 3am.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London

We already have Ennis, Jephcott, Garrick and Hardie. If all are fit and available, who is missing out so the Irishman can play?

Kelly looks a good finisher, but so is Jephcott with that much time and space. In League One you don't tend to have plenty of time to pick your spot - whole games go by where the strikers don't have a chance between them.
I'm not sure whether we can class Garrick as a full time striker. He seems to fit the bill of being a utility man.
FWIW, I would like another striker who offers something different than the rest. The footage on YouTube seemed to suggest Kelly would fit that bill, although whether he hits the ground running in L1 with Rotherham remains to be seen.

I have confidence that Schuey will get the right addition though, and is aware we need to mix it up a little more up front with a striker who offers greater heading ability and strength than we already possess.

Reactions: Justin

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021

Maybe the idea was to move Garrick back to the wing or at least provide competition there. That’s the only reason l could think of why we would have 5 forwards if lm honest.

Agree with you about Jephcott. He needs a supply. The same ld imagine Kelly does.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’ve said it many times. Matt from FGR would give us something different than we have now plus he’d have a point to prove.

I've said it even more times :p

Really liked him when he was at Argyle, sometimes a player fits a club and he really seemed to. 16 goals in 24 this season 😮

Reactions: Emu
Sep 6, 2006

Without seeing him play I would imagine the idea was he would give us a different option with height, aerial ability etc not just a finisher.

Sep 6, 2006
I don't see how Kelly will get more game time at Rotherham seeing as they appear to have a stronger squad than us. Must come down to contracts.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008