Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin)

Jan 19, 2019
just read all 10 pages and now I got the gist of it. It sounds like he deserved his whack. There is the guy that IJN knows who sent a text about it... why would he lie? Nothing to gain from it. Maybe the Gashead is trying for Compo off Argyle... good luck with that..

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Two separate non Pasoti mates gave me the identical picture of events.

I'm not saying it's right, but a certain amount of goading was involved.

As for punching from behind, I very much doubt that as well.

Aug 5, 2016
demportdave":21l8sprq said:
Knibbsworth":21l8sprq said:
demportdave":21l8sprq said:
I have watched a lot of sport in the US and perhaps with the exception of the 3 teams in Istanbul where fans are absolutle fanatical beyond reason, there is no more bitter rivalry than that between the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. I have been to both of their stadiums and never seen any trouble, with the fans mingling outside in the streets and Bars and sitting in the same enclosures inside the stadium.

Why can't Englisg football fans behave like that?

What makes it a bitter rivalry then? Let alone the most 'bitter' in sports? Sounds rather tame to me.
It's not just the 2 teams, it's a deep-seated city rivalry. New York City is a massive sprawling metropolis covering 5 Boroughs and New Yorkers are brash, in your face and think that they are the centre of the universe. Boston is a lot smaller city but Bostonians are equally proud, although they are slightly more cultured, probably due to the fact that they have Harvard, MIT, BU and a number of other colleges in and around the City.

When you have 2 great clubs like the Red Sox and the Yankees, who are always in contention for the WS and who play each other at least 19 times each season, the bitter rivalry is inevitable.

We know what city rivalry is like with our friends up the road but I think the best sporting comparison over here is probably Liverpool and Manchester United, which is far more bitter that the rivalry with Everton and Manchester City respectively.

Something for the Argyle shop to consider, one of the best selling items in the Red Sox superstore is New York Yankees toilet paper.

I just don't understand the 'bitter' aspect if the fans joke and share beers before the game? It sounds pleasant and cordial. You wouldn't get that with Argyle and Portsmouth or Exeter.

West Ham and Millwall is bitter. They require police officers from other counties just to keep the peace (which they frequently don't). Boca Juniors and River Plate. Celtic and Rangers. I can't see how that US baseball rivalry is the most bitter in sports when you see the scenes in Turkey, Eastern Europe and the like, 20,000 fans jumping up and down under the glare of flares chanting under banners that say welcome to hell. I think the word bitter rivalry wouldn't have any U.S. sports franchises at the forefront of it given the competition.

Mar 5, 2012
Guiri Green":2y0peeck said:
Regardless of who was the biggest Herbert in all this, I think I can reasonably say that over the last few Years, post the Exeter paint pot Derby, the only trouble I've seen has been when Rovers turn up. There was a couple of our part timers trying it on with Millwall, and Newport making d8cks of themselves in the Car Park. So, Newport and Rovers mainly, must be a South Wales thing.

I remember Cardiff doing the same thing in the car park, just running and tw@tting anyone within reach on the way to the ground.... Maybe it is a South Wales thing!!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
demportdave":3g50e9lj said:
Knibbsworth":3g50e9lj said:
demportdave":3g50e9lj said:
I have watched a lot of sport in the US and perhaps with the exception of the 3 teams in Istanbul where fans are absolutle fanatical beyond reason, there is no more bitter rivalry than that between the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. I have been to both of their stadiums and never seen any trouble, with the fans mingling outside in the streets and Bars and sitting in the same enclosures inside the stadium.

What makes it a bitter rivalry then? Let alone the most 'bitter' in sports? Sounds rather tame to me.
It's not just the 2 teams, it's a deep-seated city rivalry. New York City is a massive sprawling metropolis covering 5 Boroughs and New Yorkers are brash, in your face and think that they are the centre of the universe. Boston is a lot smaller city but Bostonians are equally proud, although they are slightly more cultured, probably due to the fact that they have Harvard, MIT, BU and a number of other colleges in and around the City.

When you have 2 great clubs like the Red Sox and the Yankees, who are always in contention for the WS and who play each other at least 19 times each season, the bitter rivalry is inevitable.

We know what city rivalry is like with our friends up the road but I think the best sporting comparison over here is probably Liverpool and Manchester United, which is far more bitter that the rivalry with Everton and Manchester City respectively.

Something for the Argyle shop to consider, one of the best selling items in the Red Sox superstore is New York Yankees toilet paper.

That sounds nothing like a bitter rivalry :lol:

That just sounds like two sets of sports fans watching a game together. I wouldn't buy toilet paper with Exeter or Pompey's badge on it, I wouldn't have items branded with their badges anywhere near my house. Doesn't matter if I will be wiping my a*se with it, I'd still have to look upon it in my house, my bathroom would still have Exeter paper mounted to the wall. That's not right, that's not a rivalry.

The bitter element is the mere thought of having a Exeter loo roll in my house making my skin crawl. You're supposed to dislike the club not buy goods with their badges on it.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ollieargyle9":28yp3p9a said:
demportdave":28yp3p9a said:
Knibbsworth":28yp3p9a said:
demportdave":28yp3p9a said:

That sounds nothing like a bitter rivalry :lol:

That just sounds like two sets of sports fans watching a game together. I wouldn't buy toilet paper with Exeter or Pompey's badge on it, I wouldn't have items branded with their badges anywhere near my house. Doesn't matter if I will be wiping my a*se with it, I'd still have to look upon it in my house, my bathroom would still have Exeter paper mounted to the wall. That's not right, that's not a rivalry.

The bitter element is the mere thought of having a Exeter loo roll in my house making my skin crawl. You're supposed to dislike the club not buy goods with their badges on it.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sod this Exeter bollix.
I'd be really happy if we never play them again in my lifetime.

Aug 5, 2015
It depends what league we’re in. If it’s L2 then we’re crap. If it’s L1 or even higher then they’re doing too well. Best for them to stay in the minor leagues where they belong and we have the odd Carribou Cup meeting.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Sitting back from the ins and outs of football culture, isn’t it objectively sad that we have a 10 page debate that essentially is about the question of whether someone got what they deserved when sitting in the wrong place.

We should be able to do better than that. Violence is crap. End of.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Forest of Dean Green":2ntdhz3m said:
Sitting back from the ins and outs of football culture, isn’t it objectively sad that we have a 10 page debate that essentially is about the question of whether someone got what they deserved when sitting in the wrong place.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that as you can see from the early posts. I think the problem wasn’t that he was sat in the wrong place, it was that he asked someone to give him a slap and he got one.

Daz":16os0663 said:
Forest of Dean Green":16os0663 said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that as you can see from the early posts. I think the problem wasn’t that he was sat in the wrong place, it was that he asked someone to give him a slap and he got one.
Whatever the rights or wrongs of it, it wasn’t a slap the Rovers fan got it was a punch. A slap implies handbags at dawn. I find it quite sad really that to venture into the oppositions seating area invites a punch. Along with racism etc, it is time violence was a thing of the past in football. You don’t often hear of it at other contact sports venues.

Oct 16, 2016
Hear of it, no but it happens

Army navy rugby at Twickenham regularly descends into Para v Bootie free-for-all’s all around the pubs and outside/ near the stadium, boxing matches regularly descends into violence in the venue. Huge fights have broken out at Ascot, aintree, good wood and and haydock

It’s a complete fallacy that this is a football problem, it’s societal and linked to alcohol. People read far too many papers and are far too prone to be lemmings

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Shankster":1lfmoeey said:

Army navy rugby at Twickenham regularly descends into Para v Bootie free-for-all’s all around the pubs and outside/ near the stadium, boxing matches regularly descends into violence in the venue. Huge fights have broken out at Ascot, aintree, good wood and and haydock

It’s a complete fallacy that this is a football problem, it’s societal and linked to alcohol. People read far too many papers and are far too prone to be lemmings
:clap:

Aug 4, 2011
Shankster":15gd41fm said:

Add cricket to that list (certainly the T20 has seen an increase in crowd trouble) and it’s been known to kick off at the darts aswell

Oct 16, 2016
Why always tar football and it’s fans with this inane brush that is simply folklore, it’s why we’re all treated like second class scum simply because we love and follow football.

Thatcher wanted to divide us, if she had her way football would have been trodden into dust. Yes there were absolute tragedies and yes many of these tragedies were impacted by simple minded thugs BUT we were herded into pens like cattle and subjected to crumbling infrastructure and unsafe venues

Sep 13, 2003
football-bet-data":2pxpky7u said:
Shankster":2pxpky7u said:

Add cricket to that list (certainly the T20 has seen an increase in crowd trouble) and it’s been known to kick off at the darts aswell

I've been to countless Army and Navy games at Twickenham plus been to the PDC Darts at The Ally Pally around 15 times and never seen a hint of violence.