Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin)

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I went to the premier league of darts at Exeter a few years back and there were 2 scraps when I was there, the TV cameras quickly zoomed off to another bit of the crowd the one time they were near and the security were in there fast as lightening to chuck them out.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
saffronwalden green":3oh7e6ds said:
Daz":3oh7e6ds said:
Forest of Dean Green":3oh7e6ds said:
Sitting back from the ins and outs of football culture, isn’t it objectively sad that we have a 10 page debate that essentially is about the question of whether someone got what they deserved when sitting in the wrong place.

We should be able to do better than that. Violence is crap. End of.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that as you can see from the early posts. I think the problem wasn’t that he was sat in the wrong place, it was that he asked someone to give him a slap and he got one.
Whatever the rights or wrongs of it, it wasn’t a slap the Rovers fan got it was a punch. A slap implies handbags at dawn. I find it quite sad really that to venture into the oppositions seating area invites a punch. Along with racism etc, it is time violence was a thing of the past in football. You don’t often hear of it at other contact sports venues.

I think you’re still missing the point. If a person comes into the home area and gives it the big one, he’s the one that has caused the problem.

IJN":2zpzf4mb said:
saffronwalden green":2zpzf4mb said:
Daz":2zpzf4mb said:
Forest of Dean Green":2zpzf4mb said:
Sitting back from the ins and outs of football culture, isn’t it objectively sad that we have a 10 page debate that essentially is about the question of whether someone got what they deserved when sitting in the wrong place.

We should be able to do better than that. Violence is crap. End of.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with that as you can see from the early posts. I think the problem wasn’t that he was sat in the wrong place, it was that he asked someone to give him a slap and he got one.
Whatever the rights or wrongs of it, it wasn’t a slap the Rovers fan got it was a punch. A slap implies handbags at dawn. I find it quite sad really that to venture into the oppositions seating area invites a punch. Along with racism etc, it is time violence was a thing of the past in football. You don’t often hear of it at other contact sports venues.

I think you’re still missing the point. If a person comes into the home area and gives it the big one, he’s the one that has caused the problem.
Quite agree, but who hit whom first, the Rovers or the Argyle fan? If one wanted to be really contentious you could say you should be able to go anywhere at a football ground without the fear of violence whatever the provocation. Don’t get me wrong, from what I have read on here what happened to the Rovers fan was probably self inflicted, but that doesn’t make it right.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with that, but by all I have spoken to, he caused it by a) Being there and b) Gobbing off.

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
May i appogise on behalf of true Argyle supporters, and we can argue the rights and wrongs of the argument, but it should not end up in assaulting someone when there are children likely to be caught up in it.

Years ago you could have a good banter with opposing fans then leave it at that, today's world it's world war 3.

There are good and bad with every team' supporters.
but one thing i have learned by following Argyle for nearly 70 years, it is only a game of football and we all want to see our team win, but it also supposed to be entertainment enjoy it.
And to all the violent people that think the only way to solve a bit of passionate supporting is violence let me know Lymstone is most accommodating.

Oct 16, 2016
Lympstone and I’m sure they don’t want to be the ‘police’

Years ago if you went into the home end as an away supporter you got a massive shoeing without the bizzies and stewards saving you, today it’s policed

If you go into a home end gobbing off you get what’s coming

Sep 19, 2015
happydays69":3aw5c2lx said:
May i appogise on behalf of true Argyle supporters, and we can argue the rights and wrongs of the argument, but it should not end up in assaulting someone when there are children likely to be caught up in it.

Years ago you could have a good banter with opposing fans then leave it at that, today's world it's world war 3.

but one thing i have learned by following Argyle for nearly 70 years, it is only a game of football and we all want to see our team win, but it also supposed to be entertainment enjoy it.
And to all the violent people that think the only way to solve a bit of passionate supporting is violence let me know Lymstone is most accommodating.

Hang on a minute, are you saying that anybody who disagrees with the Rovers Fans actions isn't a true supporter? Please do not speak for others when you have no clue how all of them feel.

Mar 23, 2019
PlymouthCasual":1burp4ys said:
happydays69":1burp4ys said:

Hang on a minute, are you saying that anybody who disagrees with the Rovers Fans actions isn't a true supporter? Please do not speak for others when you have no clue how all of them feel.

Agreed. You don't speak for me either.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Be careful AJ, there's a limit to what you can say on here and you're very close to it.

Shankster":1ojzcdqf said:
Lympstone and I’m sure they don’t want to be the ‘police’

Years ago if you went into the home end as an away supporter you got a massive shoeing without the bizzies and stewards saving you, today it’s policed

If you go into a home end gobbing off you get what’s coming
So this is what it has come to, you open your mouth in the wrong place, expect a bunch of fives in it. I would like to think most Argyle supporters are more reasonable, perhaps I am just being naive.

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
The Worlds not a perfect place and society is far from perfect however most people who keep themselves to themselves, keep their mouths shut and dont draw attention to themselves generally dont attract any trouble.

Sit in the home end gobbong off and inviting someone to come and have a go and suprise suprise, get what they ask for!

Its really not a difficult concept to grasp.

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
Ok we all have our own opinions of this incident i do not know who was to blame, but i know what i seen Saturday Lunchtime when a crowd of Bristol Rovers Fans came out of the Noah" Ark Public House in City Centre including woman and young children, and waiting around the corner was a mob wearing Argyle Scarves that attacked them scattering them all over the place until the Police arrived, the only thing these people had done wrong was to be wearing a Rovers Scarf.

Uncalled For.

Oct 16, 2016
A mob wearing Argyle scarves attacked them? Not a chance. Normal scarfers do not attack opposing fans.

Added to that there is CCTV all around Courtney Street, Royal Parade and through the centre of town.
I’m afraid you’re talking absolute tosh