Galloway and Miller not involved? | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Galloway and Miller not involved?

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Best of luck to Galloway.
Only played for us at our level because injuries ruined his premier league career.
This year is the first injury free season in 10 years and he’s played well so he probably wants to make the most of it and capitalise while his stock is high.
Im sure Schumacher said we’d renegotiate his contract when he was still injured and out of contract so he’s probably is not on anything close to a championship defenders wage.

Reactions: elburtontrev
Jul 12, 2016
I really don't think Galloway has let Argyle down this season in any way. Not far off player of season. He didn't choose to be dropped. And he sustained his injuries in service to the football club.
He wouldn’t be here if we hadn't helped him with his lengthy recovery

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
He wouldn’t be here if we hadn't helped him with his lengthy recovery
And he might not have sustained the injury in the first place if he wasn't playing football for us!
I don't know what your line of work is/was, but if you suffered a workplace injury and your employers continued to pay your salary and medical bills until you were well enough to work again, would you then refuse to leave that job in a few years if better paid, more interesting and more senior roles with better career progression were offered to you by other companies?
I'd be amazed if you turned down the chance to boost your career and potentially set you up for life purely out of "loyalty" for your current employers.

Jul 12, 2016
And he might not have sustained the injury in the first place if he wasn't playing football for us!
I don't know what your line of work is/was, but if you suffered a workplace injury and your employers continued to pay your salary and medical bills until you were well enough to work again, would you then refuse to leave that job in a few years if better paid, more interesting and more senior roles with better career progression were offered to you by other companies?
I'd be amazed if you turned down the chance to boost your career and potentially set you up for life purely out of "loyalty" for your current employers.
Be amazed Yes I would remain loyal. There is more to life than money.Don’t know what sort of work you do or did but morally I could not turn my back on an employer who had gone out of their way to help me. Financially I might take a hit but at least I could sleep at night ! Like I said football is a career without principles.

Reactions: Mister Green
Apr 24, 2023
I like both of these players. Pretty sure Miller has won a few Pasoti man of the match votes this season. Is there a tally anywhere of these votes? Presumably that would be a good way of deciding player of the season.
I'm not sure that's a great badge of honour.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
In the two games, Galloway came on for one and I saw no reason to risk him against QPR for 5 minutes when Pleggy is on the bench. I would assume he’s in for Leicester.

As for Miller, I don’t watch him live every week but I assume they came to the same conclusions that he’s absolute bobbins and binned him off. The guy can run for days but I’ve never seen one of his crosses end up in the same postcode as a green shirt. The only one that ever did was turned in by a Coventry defender.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Anyone heard anything about Miller‘s injury last night? He looked pretty gutted when leaving the pitch which had me thinking maybe a hamstring gone?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I agree with Tuggers.

We extended Galloway’s contract despite him being severely injured with no guarantee that he would play again.

Also if I remember rightly we extended it as well because it was near on already in place at time of his injury