Galloway and Miller not involved? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Galloway and Miller not involved?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Dewsnip/Nancekivell probably feel that it’s best to start the players who actually want to be here next season, and if that’s the case then I totally agree with them.

Sorry, but I disagree 100%. We are in a relegation dogfight. Galloway is one of our few Championship quality players. Miller is not far behind. We simply do not have the luxury to leave these guys out.

And if I was in their position, I wouldn’t sign a contract not knowing what league we will be in.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Sorry, but I disagree 100%. We are in a relegation dogfight. Galloway is one of our few Championship quality players. Miller is not far behind. We simply do not have the luxury to leave these guys out.

And if I was in their position, I wouldn’t sign a contract not knowing what league we will be in.
The indication elsewhere has been that neither are willing to sign a contract regardless. If they're not committing to the club, then it makes sense not to play them. We need players who are committed to the cause. Mumba's better than Miller, miles better, it's not even close. Galloway would start on ability alone, and could still have a part to play but Gibson is doing fine in that position.

Reactions: Vickery
May 22, 2006
It makes no sense not to play them, if they are the best option. Their contract position has not changed but they played for Foster. Whenever they played, they have put in decent performances.

If there is genuinely no intention to play them, what’s the point of putting them on the bench? Now is not the time to cut them out for spite. We need to win two games and we were pretty unimpressive and lucky last night.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
So to be clear here, what we are saying is that even with a small squad of questionable quality level for the league, we are refusing the services of 2 of our better players(although one is inconsistent) and effectively questioning their professionalism. All while we are in the biggest fight for staying in this league. And the opinion of some on here is that this is fine. Because they may be planning to leave at the end of the season. Am I reading that correctly?

The mind boggles.

The coach is only here until the end of the season, best not let him on the training pitch. Those loanees... get them dropped, they are off.

If any of this Miller /Galloway stuff is true, then it feels like the proverbial 'cut nose off to spite face ', which is a level of self harm I can't get my head around so highly sceptical.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
The indication elsewhere has been that neither are willing to sign a contract regardless. If they're not committing to the club, then it makes sense not to play them. We need players who are committed to the cause. Mumba's better than Miller, miles better, it's not even close. Galloway would start on ability alone, and could still have a part to play but Gibson is doing fine in that position.
If that's true then it's disappointing, especially in Galloway's case, but my point stands. As Pasties says above, their performances have been decent.

I'll ask you this: when we need a goal, would you rather bring on Miller and push Mumba forward, or bring on Waine? I know my answer.

Reactions: ken jackson

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We need to play our best 11 players every game
Maybe the squad is being rotated as Brendan & Mickel have featured in virtually every game
They are contracted to the club & therefore available for selection unless injured
Hopefully they will be involved on Friday.
Contract talks usually wait until the season has finished
Could be the case players decision will be swayed by which league we are in

Reactions: Paul green14