Funniest moment at Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Funniest moment at Argyle

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
John_Doe":viw767gf said:
mattym":viw767gf said:
This is Brilliant - John Doe, I just want it to be foggy now, just imagine that filmed by Sky sports lol

1987ish I think, home game against Barnsley. I was stood in the Devonport and it was so foggy for the whole game we couldnt see the barn park end goal at all. No-one had a clue what was happening so cue lots of 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' as we pretended we saw something exciting happening.

This brightened up the most boring 0-0 draw that I never saw..........

Priceless!

Why the game wasn't called off I'll never know! :crazy: But in the end I went away feeling really glad I went. Quite odd really. :scarf:

makes you all misty eyed don't it!? :coat:

Jul 14, 2005
Can't remember which season, but it was the Southampton physio (who was no spring chicken) running on to see to one of their players - pulling a hamstring on the way, much to the amusement of the Home Park faithful! He tried to make brave of it but the picture of him half hobbling, half hopping across the pitch will last in my memory for a long time!!!

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Always makes me laugh when a player is substituted and when the name of the player coming on is given you hear thousands of people saying "Who? all at the same tome. :lol:

Sep 26, 2009
SHERBORNE
Seem to remember a few seasons ago we were playing Swansea at home.
A Swansea player went down injured and their physio came on to help the player.
I remember she was a rather plump lady and as soon as she came on, she was greeted by the chant from
the Swansea fans of "thats why we sh*g sheep ... thats why we sh*g sheep"
It was hilarious at the time but very embarrasing for her!!

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
A few years back when we played Exeter at HP and a fan ran on to the pitch. About three stewards ran after him and one after the other fell flat on their face to great cheers ringing round the stadium. Oh and Sean McCarthy got sent off two after only being on the field for a few mins as a sub. Cried with laughter ;-D

Jul 29, 2010
After his "the likes of Plymouth" quote upon Wolves being relegated, witnessing Paul Ince score an own goal at the demport end came with lashings of humour.

Mar 23, 2011
Tiverton
X Isle":1650tfo3 said:
After his "the likes of Plymouth" quote upon Wolves being relegated, witnessing Paul Ince score an own goal at the demport end came with lashings of humour.
Remember that well not sure but did he not get sent off aswell.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
John_Doe":2xmj7f5f said:
1987ish I think, home game against Barnsley. I was stood in the Devonport and it was so foggy for the whole game we couldnt see the barn park end goal at all. No-one had a clue what was happening so cue lots of 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' as we pretended we saw something exciting happening.

This brightened up the most boring 0-0 draw that I never saw..........

Priceless!

I was there! Friday night match I recall? Left 10 minutes before the end.

P

pilgrim errant

Sorry, at my great age I can't remember where, when or who the opponents were but they saw a shot hit the net and celebrated but we could see it had hit the side netting and then chanted, "You thought you,d scored a goal - You were wrong - You were wrong! Which I thought was a bit cruel. a little later we leapt to our feet with the ball in the net only to have it disallowed for offside. We all then sang loudly, We thought we,d scored a goal - we were wrong - we were wrong?" Priceless.

My favourite all-time chant was by Arsenal fans following the revelation that Shilton had been discovered by a furious cuckolded husband the night before he ran out with Notts Forest As he appeared they all sang in perfect unison -"Who were you with last night?...It wasn't your sister,it wasn't your Ma - Ah Ah. Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah"

Feb 23, 2009
propercharlie":u5bobszv said:
Can't remember which season, but it was the Southampton physio (who was no spring chicken) running on to see to one of their players - pulling a hamstring on the way, much to the amusement of the Home Park faithful! He tried to make brave of it but the picture of him half hobbling, half hopping across the pitch will last in my memory for a long time!!!

I agree , my favourite too.

Nov 12, 2012
Thanks guys and gal's fellow greens for you funny tales, perhaps something funny will happen the weekend.