Funniest moment at Argyle | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Funniest moment at Argyle

Nov 12, 2012
Hi

Mine was when west ham fans berated santa at HP and he gave it back, remember happy hammers (NOT), throwing coins at Father xmas who chucked them back.

Thought its time to lighten the mood, like my thread about worst argyle player to put on a shirt, aim is to show matters are'nt as bleak as some may feel at the moment.

Aug 24, 2008
about 3 or 4 years ago we played Dagenham at home. their keeper was getting some good banter and playing along to it too. he was a chunky lad if memory serves me right as well :lol: a cold old tuesday night but we won 2-1 i think?

Nov 12, 2012
I alos remeber a game against Ipswich where a player was whistled for a foul throw, so the ref went and demonstrated to the player how to take a corrcet throwing - so humilating but funny

May 16, 2005
Elburton
Back in the eighties a small dog ran onto the pitch.

Cue the Devonport End, 'One Jack Russell, there's only one Jack Russell.........'

:)

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Last season when the ball got hoofed into the grandstand. A guy at the very front just in front the old terracing went to head it. He made decent contact but stretched too far to reach it and ended up falling over the rail and rolling a few steps down the terracing. :funny: :funny:

Was the highlight of a dire 0-0 if I remember correct. :lol:

Aug 17, 2011
Sam I remember this very well was the highlight of a game we deserved to win. Im sure he came clean on here after and took abit of stick for it but took it like a champ.

Funny though still makes me chuckle now

1987ish I think, home game against Barnsley. I was stood in the Devonport and it was so foggy for the whole game we couldnt see the barn park end goal at all. No-one had a clue what was happening so cue lots of 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' as we pretended we saw something exciting happening.

This brightened up the most boring 0-0 draw that I never saw..........

Priceless!

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
frosk2005":10jj9vqv said:
Sam I remember this very well was the highlight of a game we deserved to win. Im sure he came clean on here after and took abit of stick for it but took it like a champ.

He took it well though as I remember - stood up after and took a very theatrical bow with the whole ground laughing.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Ave_IT":25i5hcps said:
frosk2005":25i5hcps said:

He took it well though as I remember - stood up after and took a very theatrical bow with the whole ground laughing.

He'd be youtube famous now if someone had filmed it. It was very funny.

The abandonment of the Barnsley game was also a cracker - it's hard to imagine a set of football fans being more delighted that a game had been called off than on that occasion - good old Darcy Blake and his sliding tackle.

Sep 28, 2011
The Doctor":1tnerblf said:
Ave_IT":1tnerblf said:
frosk2005":1tnerblf said:

He'd be youtube famous now if someone had filmed it. It was very funny.

The abandonment of the Barnsley game was also a cracker - it's hard to imagine a set of football fans being more delighted that a game had been called off than on that occasion - good old Darcy Blake and his sliding tackle.
I remember that,only a few years back wasn't it?

the bloke who fell over the mayflower,his daughter came on here dobbing him in if I remember :)

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
John_Doe":3ylxylfm said:
1987ish I think, home game against Barnsley. I was stood in the Devonport and it was so foggy for the whole game we couldnt see the barn park end goal at all. No-one had a clue what was happening so cue lots of 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' as we pretended we saw something exciting happening.

Priceless!

I remember going to this match. I was about 5 and my Dad said we would stand Mayflower near the half way line. We couldn't see either goal or the other side of the pitch.

Feb 21, 2011
Numerous banter moments between a friend of mine and the away bench when the Mayflower was open I think he has at least Geoff Horsfield, lee hendrie and lee Clark on his list of players/managers that reacted.

Nov 12, 2012
This is Brilliant - John Doe, I just want it to be foggy now, just imagine that filmed by Sky sports lol

Priceless!

mattym":2hx02shu said:
This is Brilliant - John Doe, I just want it to be foggy now, just imagine that filmed by Sky sports lol

Priceless!

Why the game wasn't called off I'll never know! :crazy: But in the end I went away feeling really glad I went. Quite odd really. :scarf: