Fred Scouted | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fred Scouted

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Ladapo is on the form of his life but it's only been a couple months and he's been a journey man for the rest of his career. Talking millions is laughable. If a Championship or League One side came in with 500k the club would snap their hands off. Look at the sales of former players we've had. Jervis for example..

Aug 5, 2016
Jervis was never among the division's top scorers, or on course to score over twenty league goals in a struggling team.

May 8, 2011
LeonTheGreen":2nq6uwyo said:
Ladapo is on the form of his life but it's only been a couple months and he's been a journey man for the rest of his career. Talking millions is laughable. If a Championship or League One side came in with 500k the club would snap their hands off. Look at the sales of former players we've had. Jervis for example..

It isn’t down to the Club it will be down to Adams.

Apr 1, 2009
HC Green":lpktlrph said:
LeonTheGreen":lpktlrph said:

Your obsession with Adams is hilarious!

How can it not be down to the Club a player is contracted to? In any club there will be a person, or people, nominated to consider transfer bids, negotiate and decide. I accept that Adams will be a/the nominee, but I'd be surprised if his decision was communicated to the bidder without being confirmed by our Board.

May 8, 2011
xmastree":3grl6lf4 said:
HC Green":3grl6lf4 said:
LeonTheGreen":3grl6lf4 said:

Your obsession with Adams is hilarious!

How can it not be down to the Club a player is contracted to? In any club there will be a person, or people, nominated to consider transfer bids, negotiate and decide. I accept that Adams will be a/the nominee, but I'd be surprised if his decision was communicated to the bidder without being confirmed by our Board.

As has been reported quite regularly, Adams is in total charge of all football matters, even as recently as last week the Chairman said he or other directors will not interfere with any footballing matters.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Justin":jphkrm42 said:
Tugboat":jphkrm42 said:
r4h4al":jphkrm42 said:
Justin":jphkrm42 said:
This thread is hilarious. Lapado won’t go for anything under £4 million. Why would we sell for any less?

No seriously though we should be selling for what he's actually worth which I believe is £3M.

You are madly deluded if you think today’s Ladapo is worth £3million.

Today he’s probably worth £150-200k market value. We’d probably value him higher obviously, maybe £350-450k with bids of between £400-600k attraction serious attention by the club.

£3 million is laughable.

If he finishes this season with 20-25 goals then his stock would naturally increase but still no where near £3 million. For that figure to be reality he would need at least 2 seasons of 20+ goals in L1 or a decent run of games in the championship with 12+ goals.

Sorry Tugboat but it’s you who’s deluded.

Either that or you’re living in 1979.

We are talking about now, today.

He is not a £3 million pound striker. He’s has a good season so far and long may it continue but that’s it.

Aug 5, 2016
As I've said before Tugboat, a player is worth however much a club will pay for him. Championship clubs spend £50,000 a week on wages and over £10m on star signings, such is the money floating around at that level. If a second tier or big spending League One team need goals, Ladapo is working his name to the top of the shortlist. He's still got 18 months left on his contract so it would need a bit of a transfer fee to make him move. Birmingham spent millions on Isaac Vassell after a very short period of goals at League Two level, but they were desperate to stay up and needed goals.

There are plenty of teams that could afford £500,000 - £1,500,000 to make Freddie move if they decided they liked the look of him. If they needed goals immediately ad couldn't wait until the summer to address their problems. His time at Crystal Palace shows that at one time Premier League scouts and coaches thought he had what it took to succeed at that level. So he's not a complete unknown from nowhere, and his goal scoring pedigree (dismissed by some because it wasn't in the Football League) is decent.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The Doctor":q6v3h6st said:
We would, and should, take the money. We know that the team functions perfectly well from an attacking perspective with Taylor instead of Ladapo and the money could be used to significantly strengthen other areas of the team (including back up for Taylor) which must surely be the priority.

Note that I don’t want Freddie to be sold - I can just see that this could be the only way to get the cash injection into the playing squad that is obviously so necessary.

If we did get 1.5mill for Freddie you can bet your bottom dollar hardly anything would be spent on transfer fees.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think Freddie is worth 1.5mill in today’s climate, you don’t get many forwarded that could play in Argyles system as a targetan and score as many as him. 1.5mill is not a lot to a championship club like Reading.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
JannerinCardiff":1f930erd said:
I think Freddie is worth 1.5mill in today’s climate, you don’t get many forwarded that could play in Argyles system as a targetan and score as many as him. 1.5mill is not a lot to a championship club like Reading.

I think your valuation is off target there. But on the subject of transfer fees received at this level, a club is on a hiding to nothing, once any big
fee received, gets publicity in the press. That sold player will need replacement and any selling club, knowing who has been sold, will be asking a ridiculous fee, for a player, who could well be dross

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":1xtr1ps5 said:
JannerinCardiff":1xtr1ps5 said:

I think your valuation is off target there. But on the subject of transfer fees received at this level, a club is on a hiding to nothing, once any big
fee received, gets publicity in the press. That sold player will need replacement and any selling club, knowing who has been sold, will be asking a ridiculous fee, for a player, who could well be dross

We have a red haired striker on the bench who could do a job up top. Negotiate the fee up, pocket the money, get Taylor up front and sign a pacy replacement back up to get us to the summer. I'm sure that is how Adams would end up solving that problem.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":so2mjut9 said:

He's not effective as a target man though is he?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Knibbsworth":3tpnocj9 said:
Quintrell_Green":3tpnocj9 said:
JannerinCardiff":3tpnocj9 said:

We have a red haired striker on the bench who could do a job up top. Negotiate the fee up, pocket the money, get Taylor up front and sign a pacy replacement back up to get us to the summer. I'm sure that is how Adams would end up solving that problem.
Taylor’s ankle goes again. What then?

Aug 5, 2016
davie nine":27vn11mj said:
Knibbsworth":27vn11mj said:
Quintrell_Green":27vn11mj said:
JannerinCardiff":27vn11mj said:

Taylor’s ankle goes again. What then?