Fred Scouted | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fred Scouted

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Larry David":27k2ut8l said:
To be fair to the manager he was spot on about Freddie being top drawer

It's more luck I think, you make so many signings, one of them's bound to turn out good.

Jan 21, 2007
To raise 1.5 million we would probably need to sell our best 7 or 8 players, not just one. Iā€™m not sure if Freddieā€™s on a one-year contract or two. If itā€™s one-year, like pretty much the entire squad, weā€™d be lucky to get more than Ā£250k for him. Having seen the likes of Sunderland, Luton, Portsmouth and Peterborough rip us apart, Iā€™d struggle to argue that Freddie was one of the best ten strikers in the division.

Edit ... actually, Iā€™ve just looked it up, heā€™ on a two-year contract, so Iā€™ll revise my valuation to Ā£450k

Mar 16, 2009
London
This thread is hilarious. Lapado wonā€™t go for anything under Ā£4 million. Why would we sell for any less?

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
r4h4al":1xpxbtmb said:
Larry David":1xpxbtmb said:

It's more luck I think, you make so many signings, one of them's bound to turn out good.

He actually said it before he started scoring and a lot of people me included thought he was way off.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Justin":3lm4lyps said:
This thread is hilarious. Lapado wonā€™t go for anything under Ā£4 million. Why would we sell for any less?
:facepalm:

Aug 5, 2016
r4h4al":2xn5ba0a said:
Larry David":2xn5ba0a said:

It's not luck when there is one player DA has played up front all season, and over twenty players he hasn't. Even Taylor has been in and out. Adams clearly believes in Ladapo.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Justin":161952zw said:

No seriously though we should be selling for what he's actually worth which I believe is Ā£3M.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Knibbsworth":3r5yev31 said:
r4h4al":3r5yev31 said:
Larry David":3r5yev31 said:

It's not luck when there is one player DA has played up front all season, and over twenty players he hasn't. Even Taylor has been in and out. Adams clearly believes in Ladapo.

I think it is when you consider all the bad signings he's made in the Summer. The only ones that have been good imo have been Fred and Macey.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
r4h4al":12eaiptt said:
Justin":12eaiptt said:

No seriously though we should be selling for what he's actually worth which I believe is Ā£3M.

You are madly deluded if you think todayā€™s Ladapo is worth Ā£3million.

Today heā€™s probably worth Ā£150-200k market value. Weā€™d probably value him higher obviously, maybe Ā£350-450k with bids of between Ā£400-600k attraction serious attention by the club.

Ā£3 million is laughable.

If he finishes this season with 20-25 goals then his stock would naturally increase but still no where near Ā£3 million. For that figure to be reality he would need at least 2 seasons of 20+ goals in L1 or a decent run of games in the championship with 12+ goals.

Aug 5, 2016
Ladapo is worth as much as any other club is prepared to pay for him, and as much as we are prepared to turn down.

How many of Freddie's rivals for the division top scorer are affordable for Championship clubs? Will they transfer for Ā£150,000 in January? Of course they won't! Jack Marriott cost about Ā£6,000,000.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":vakdjiws said:
He is worth as much as any other club is prepared to pay for him, and as much as we are prepared to turn down.

So youā€™ve just covered anything from Ā£1 to Ā£100 million.

Aug 5, 2016
I've just explained that League One top scorer contenders don't move for Ā£150,000. Jack Marriott left Peterbrough for about Ā£6m. What is your Ā£150,000 value based on? We got Ā£400,000 for Purrington as a replacement LB in League Two, not a top scorer contender in League One. The value of Ladapo will also be based on how desperate bigger clubs with money are and how badly they are struggling to score goals. If they need to roll the dice and get goals, Ladapo's name beams out as affordable.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Tugboat":39rrcgek said:
r4h4al":39rrcgek said:
Justin":39rrcgek said:

Today heā€™s probably worth Ā£150-200k market value. Weā€™d probably value him higher obviously, maybe Ā£350-450k with bids of between Ā£400-600k attraction serious attention by the club.

If he finishes this season with 20-25 goals then his stock would naturally increase but still no where near Ā£3 million. For that figure to be reality he would need at least 2 seasons of 20+ goals in L1 or a decent run of games in the championship with 12+ goals.

Sorry Tugboat but itā€™s you whoā€™s deluded.

Either that or youā€™re living in 1979.

Feb 2, 2007
Ollie Watkins valuation to Brentford was what I was thinking when suggesting Ā£1.5M- which was around Ā£1.8M when he had only played in L2, but was younger and had had fewer clubs, maybe better ā€œpedigreeā€.

Of course you then have to deduct the Argyle tax which is around 15%, our threadbare finances which cause our Manager to operate on a budget where he can sign wee gem cast offs (like Fred), and Southern League hoofcloppers (like the majority of the Class of 2018) and which other teams will exploit, and Fredā€™s interesting rejection filled career path (is it a ā€œlucky streakā€?)

But Iā€™m enjoying the debate.

May 1, 2011
Justin":1vhojdbs said:
Tugboat":1vhojdbs said:
r4h4al":1vhojdbs said:
Justin":1vhojdbs said:

Sorry Tugboat but itā€™s you whoā€™s deluded.

Either that or youā€™re living in 1979.

3 good months in League 1 when previously you have never scored double figures in a season and you're now with 4 million by Christmas.

I'll have whatever your smoking please.