Forshaw update | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Forshaw update

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
We have to change formation for Millwall. The space between the front 3 and the central midfield pairing was ridiculous in the first half, and should have been tightened up earlier than half-time. Everyone around me could see it but not those who mattered, unfortunately. And when they did it was too late.
Options are now woefully thin, as we basically have 2 fit midfielders (Randell and Houghton). We either play 4-3-3, put Edwards next to Houghton and push Randell up as the 8, or (as I would do), play 3-4-1-1-1, still playing Edwards as a DM, but bringing Whittaker inside to play as a 10 and linking with Hardie or Bundu as the central striker, and having Randell sitting in front of the 2 DM's, and attempting to play forward to feed the front players and the wing-backs.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
We somehow appear to have left ourselves with threadbare central midfield and central striking options, even allowing for bad luck.

Could Pleggy play as a defensive midfielder, and bring in Devine to the central area??

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
We have to change formation for Millwall. The space between the front 3 and the central midfield pairing was ridiculous in the first half, and should have been tightened up earlier than half-time. Everyone around me could see it but not those who mattered, unfortunately. And when they did it was too late.
Options are now woefully thin, as we basically have 2 fit midfielders (Randell and Houghton). We either play 4-3-3, put Edwards next to Houghton and push Randell up as the 8, or (as I would do), play 3-4-1-1-1, still playing Edwards as a DM, but bringing Whittaker inside to play as a 10 and linking with Hardie or Bundu as the central striker, and having Randell sitting in front of the 2 DM's, and attempting to play forward to feed the front players and the wing-backs.
Forgot about Devine. Maybe he could do the Randell role, and then we wouldn't need to move or possibly even play Edwards.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
That’s a blow.

We just aren’t dynamic or creative enough with Randell and Houghton as a pairing.

I’d go 433 - bringing Devine into central midfield.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Jul 12, 2016
How have we managed NOT to replace Cossie and Ennis in two windows? Still mystifies me. :oops:
I agree. This data analysis is all well and good but are we seeking perfection when a player has 80% of what we need? Seems to me the targets identified are completely unrealistic in terms of cost and availability.