Fletcher's body language last night | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fletcher's body language last night

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
For any of the diehard 5000+ that turned up last night, did anyone watch Fletcher's body language?

We were a goal up and he is stood in the technical area like a Tussaud's model. Burton equalise and he is sat with the subs, slumped like a spoilt child who has had their sweets taken away.

Now, if it was me, I would be shouting my head off trying to gee up the team to get another goal, but he just sat there, occasionally swigging from a bottle of water. It was almost insulting! His body language was of total disinterest. Hardly a surprise then that the team are not performing. Hardly a surprise that Burton won.

I keep saying this, but lucky for him that there are no fans behind the dugout. Even luckier that the back of his garden shed is opaque. The Director's box can't see his lack of involvement, but it's there for the whole of the Lyndy and Devonport to see. Perhaps JB and his fellow Directors might want to mingle with the crowd on Saturday instead of sitting detached?

Apr 23, 2006
Holsworthy
Cerbera":26pe9bef said:
For any of the diehard 5000+ that turned up last night, did anyone watch Fletcher's body language?

We were a goal up and he is stood in the technical area like a Tussaud's model. Burton equalise and he is sat with the subs, slumped like a spoilt child who has had their sweets taken away.

Now, if it was me, I would be shouting my head off trying to gee up the team to get another goal, but he just sat there, occasionally swigging from a bottle of water. It was almost insulting! His body language was of total disinterest. Hardly a surprise then that the team are not performing. Hardly a surprise that Burton won.

I keep saying this, but lucky for him that there are no fans behind the dugout. Even luckier that the back of his garden shed is opaque. The Director's box can't see his lack of involvement, but it's there for the whole of the Lyndy and Devonport to see. Perhaps JB and his fellow Directors might want to mingle with the crowd on Saturday instead of sitting detached?

Totally agree. We were saying the same thing sat opposite. He looked to me as if he knew the end of the line had come (we can hope). I keep checking for an announcement every hour or so. If it's affecting the Chairman and Director's pockets as much as this, surely they must do the right thing. I think if it happened between now and Saturday, that alone would add 500 to Saturday's game (even if we're managerless).

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Surely, surely if (when) we lose to Gillingham Brent will see six defeats in a row and take action? 1000 down last night on a 'normal' gate, who reckons sub 6000 on Saturday - even with 200+ Gills fans?

May 21, 2010
taunton
Be nearer the 5000 mark on saturday, even though Gills are top, unless we get that feel good factor before then that a new mans being lined up, cant remember my last feel good factor.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
So, you are the manager. Why would you skulk away in the dugout?

Surely any coach in any sport is to get the best out of his athletes (I use that term loosely here) by encouraging and guiding them?

When the wheels have come off, surely he needs to be out in his technical area being vocal and animated? His players are looking for help and getting Nance stood with his arms folded, Le Keeper leaning against the dugout (all that is missing is a Galloise dangling from his lip) and Fletch hiding as far away from the pitch as possible. So much apparent disinterest from the coaching staff has got to have an effect on the squad.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
“We’ll dust ourselves down, we’ve got a quick turnaround for Gillingham and we’ll look forward to the game.”

:furious: :banghead: :doh: :facepalm: :furious: :furious: :banghead: :banghead:

Nov 6, 2011
Tugboat":3u0cesys said:
“We’ll dust ourselves down, we’ve got a quick turnaround for Gillingham and we’ll look forward to the game.”

He said similar after the Dorchester game for the Burton game! This is getting farcical!

Mar 2, 2008
Pilgrim":2i50wy4x said:
Tugboat":2i50wy4x said:

He said similar after the Dorchester game for the Burton game! This is getting farcical!

I'm not sure if there is any dust left on us now to dust off. :)

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Reading the blurb from him in the programme last night wound my clock.

"Losing Conor after 10 minutes was always going to be hard, but the boys put in a shift" or words to that effect. Put in a shift? Where? Certainly not at The Avenue.

Does our manager believe his own words?