fletcher out ! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

fletcher out !

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
The fact people want Fletcher sacked is literally laughable.

Pilgrim":2ee9hcga said:
You must remember that during the 3 game winning run we had; two of those wins were against the two bottom sides in the league and we only beat Rochdale by having two penalties awarded, as we did at Morecambe. Since the Rochdale game we've registered back to back defeats. Fletcher out.

Oh, and this post is pretty silly too. Does it matter who those two wins came against? If you win them, you win them. And, even sillier again is "we only beat Rochdale by having two penalties awarded". So, did we win it 3-1 or did we draw it 1-1? Did we earn 3 points or 1 point? Can you please just accept that penalties are part of the game and they're not "gift goals", and definitely not unaccounted for.

Get behind the team because Fletcher is good enough for mid-table, the players are good enough for mid-table, and our financial backing is nearly good enough for mid-table. And if you aren't satisfied with mid-table, can you please just open your eyes.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
John Petrie":2n2p12mn said:
soccerpilgrim":2n2p12mn said:

Pilgrim":2n2p12mn said:
You must remember that during the 3 game winning run we had; two of those wins were against the two bottom sides in the league and we only beat Rochdale by having two penalties awarded, as we did at Morecambe. Since the Rochdale game we've registered back to back defeats. Fletcher out.

Oh, and this post is pretty silly too. Does it matter who those two wins came against? If you win them, you win them. And, even sillier again is "we only beat Rochdale by having two penalties awarded". So, did we win it 3-1 or did we draw it 1-1? Did we earn 3 points or 1 point? Can you please just accept that penalties are part of the game and they're not "gift goals", and definitely not unaccounted for.

Get behind the team because Fletcher is good enough for mid-table, the players are good enough for mid-table, and our financial backing is nearly good enough for mid-table. And if you aren't satisfied with mid-table, can you please just open your eyes.

But, this is not true. We have been told that we have a competitive budget, not enough to compete with the top two spenders but on a par with the rest of the top half clubs.

Don't be fooled by a lack of quality in some areas, we have a large squad with many mediocre players and this adds up in terms of wages.

It's why I slyly added in a "nearly", because I am a bit concerned with this. Nevertheless, Brent's lies can't hold Fletcher responsible, so why else should he be sacked?

D

Damon.Lenszner

John Petrie":2ogv3nig said:
We should not be 18th at this stage of the season with a budget that is competitive with the top ten at the least at our disposal.

We should not be bringing Feeney on when we need a goal, he is just not good enough and we need tough decisions to be made about his future. My preference would be not to see him play for us again and for some of our youngsters to be given a chance instead, Lecointe deserves a chance after being thrown in at the deep end last season. Chadwick can also probably be considered in this bracket as well. Up front I think we have two capable forwards, in Griffiths and Madjo, two out of their depth, in Feeney and Chadwick, and a few good prospects deserving of a chance, in Lecointe, Sims and maybe even Tyler Harvey, although I have not seen him myself so it's hard to say.

We are still very vulnerable from set-pieces. We give away too many around our box because too often we end up defending too deeply and get suckered into giving away silly free kicks. If we aren't going to have height in our team then we need to press high up the pitch, to cut down on the opposition's chances of getting free kicks in dangerous areas, and be more disciplined around our own area. This also has the added bonus of allowing us to win the ball higher up the pitch, and, in my opinion, we have played our best football when playing a high line.

We have, however, improved in a few areas. Fletch has brought in a pacey full back, in Griffiths, which makes us a better prospect both going forward and in defence. We have also seen an improvement in our possession football, where increased confidence and movement has seen us boss games and look likely to score. These improvements are good signs, and Fletch deserves praise for them.

We have just lost two tough away games and performed well in at least one of them, the problem lies with the repetition of the same mistakes. We need to play a higher line, we need to keep pressing high up the pitch and we need not to see Feeney play up front. It will take bravery from Fletch to get us to push up the pitch, and to drop experienced players in favour of promising youth, but, if the old players aren't good enough then stop hoping that it might work and if you concede too many goals from set pieces then push up the pitch and make sure that the fouls, if they are still committed, are committed in less dangerous areas.

I've said it plenty of times before, and I'm going to say it again, inexperienced managers normally have experienced assistants, DoF's and coaches around them to help speed up the learning experience. I still think that Fletch needs these around him to help him build on the positive changes he has brought in, and to point out his persistent failings. Sometimes a new perspective can help. After recent signs of improvement I'd give him a few more games to see if he can bring about more improvements, if we see the same mistakes then we will need a fresh perspective and a fresh approach to the squad.

I would also say that we need to see an end to arguments based around limited resources and rebuilding. We have seen Fletch bring in a lot of players since he took charge so it is nobodies fault but his own if he doesn't have the required players in each position, we are not operating in the lower part of the league in terms of budgets and we are an attractive proposition to players at this level. We were in the Championship not long ago; our history shows that we have spent far more time at higher levels than this; we get higher crowds, home and away, than most in this league and we are able to compete in terms of wages with the vast majority of the league, this is what makes us an attractive proposition. For young players wanting games we are a club who can give them game time and has potential to progress through the leagues and to older players we are attractive because of location, lifestyle and the attraction of helping club turn itself around at the end of their careers.

Agree with all you say John but would like to bring a reminder in too. Two of the players you picked out for praise (Madjo and full back Griffiths) are loan players. Together with MacDonald we will be losing their services over the xmas period. What then? The choices are 1) we get the chequebook out and buy them in January (having to compete moneywise with others who may have their eyes on them). 2) We buy others who will need to bed in to the team 3) We borrow a couple of others for 3 months,, who wont be able to stay til the end of the season and will have to bed in too.

It shows the need for further investment in the team in buying MacDonald, Griffiths and Madjo, something we have seen precious little of so far under the current regime - and that is to maintain a lower/mid table position. The Green Army deserves more.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
One recorded shot on target in 90 minutes......now that is not acceptable Fletcher.....plus bringing on Feeney and Chadwick shows that you had given up.

Nov 6, 2011
soccerpilgrim":2oejoyzr said:

Pilgrim":2oejoyzr said:

Equally, does it matter who these two losses came against, with people saying "it's not a bad loss". They're still losses.

So you're content who mid-table mediocrity, are you? Well i'm not. 18th in the table is unacceptable for a club like Plymouth Argyle.

Apr 21, 2012
Malvern
max":37uihtu5 said:
hermangelmet":37uihtu5 said:
max":37uihtu5 said:
RichPAFC":37uihtu5 said:
This defeat was sort of half expected

Course it was expected. We are used to crap, expect crap and get crap!!!
Dont you think the city of Plymouth deserve more that this rubbish? About time Brent got his cheque book out and got us a team the city can be proud of, instead of mediocre rubbish!!!
Spend some of the gate money!!!!!

That might explain this comment then.

1) money does not make a successful football team
2) the lack of patience you and your like are showing now is a direct example of the " I want it all and I want it now" brigade. This attitude is precisely why the entire country is in a poo state and not just OUR football club

Grow up.

And how long would you like to wait for a decent team? You are obviouly well used to rubbish and are quite happy to go on taking it.
Some of use have higher standards!!
Money does make a successful team, like it or not!

GET REAL!!

No, you're quite right. Screaming when daddy won't buy you an ice-cream is exactly the appropriate behaviour.

If higher standards are reverting to hoof-ball, then you are welcome to them. I want better football, and on the evidence of what I've seen that is largely what we are moving towards. The momentum is in the right direction, and simply veering mindlessly from one side to the other is not the solution. We need to be creating a dynasty of excellent football at the club, with the right type of football played from youth right through to pro. This will not happen if the manager is changed every time a few results don't go the right way.

Patience is a virtue, impatience on the other hand, is not

Oct 28, 2011
I dont want Fletcher out... I like Fletcher. We are doing ok in the league which i will take.

I WANT CHADWICK OUT...a waste of wages, send him back to the non-league and lets start playing macca up front and put Bhas on the wings.. EASY!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Pilgrim":6vbtnqf4 said:
soccerpilgrim":6vbtnqf4 said:

Pilgrim":6vbtnqf4 said:

Equally, does it matter who these two losses came against, with people saying "it's not a bad loss". They're still losses.

So you're content who mid-table mediocrity, are you? Well i'm not. 18th in the table is unacceptable for a club like Plymouth Argyle.

Are you referring to mid-table as 18th or not? My interpretation of "mid-table" is 12th/13th, somewhere like that. If you're expecting even better than that, then you're asking too much this season, and replacing Fletcher will not help this.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
The decision to bring on Chadwick and Feeney was a mistake. Madjo was winning a lot of balls and it was literally sticking to him on some occasions as he was bringing it down. Andres offered something different, bit if skill, and was taken off for Chadwick. Who's performance was summed up by literally heading it out of play in the 94th minute on the edge of the 6 yard box making not enough effort to get it goal bound. These subs cost us the game, added to I believe we were unlucky not to get a point on Tuesday. People who think sacking Fletch is going to help the situation at the moment are wrong in my opinion. We are not ready for the play-offs yet so don't expect to beat play-off teams away from home.

Nov 6, 2011
soccerpilgrim":2xxca8wu said:
Pilgrim":2xxca8wu said:
soccerpilgrim":2xxca8wu said:

Pilgrim":2xxca8wu said:

Are you referring to mid-table as 18th or not? My interpretation of "mid-table" is 12th/13th, somewhere like that. If you're expecting even better than that, then you're asking too much this season, and replacing Fletcher will not help this.

No, i was referring to 18th as our actual current position, which is not even mid-table. You're probably right, asking for more than 12th/13th this season is probably asking too much, but i still expect better from this club. However, i will not be satisfied with anything less than 12th/13th this season and a promotion push the next.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Pilgrim":2rncyncw said:
soccerpilgrim":2rncyncw said:
soccerpilgrim":2rncyncw said:

No, i was referring to 18th as our actual current position, which is not even mid-table. You're probably right, asking for more than 12th/13th this season is probably asking too much, but i still expect better from this club. However, i will not be satisfied with anything less than 12th/13th this season and a promotion push the next.

Agreed.

max

Jan 5, 2012
PORTSMOUTH
According to many on here, all is well. We have a good owner, good manager, good stadium, good backroom staff, good team and good support. That being the case, then why are we not further up this bloody crap league. Apart from that, we should not even be in this league, but at least in Div1!!!

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I hope all the people who aren't prepared to accept our current situation hurry up and find another club to support. That is all.

T

Trapdoor

All you fans wanting Fletcher out are very sad people ! He is learning his trade just as you & I have had to do in our chosen careers.
Fletch- Romain- Nance need to be given more time full stop.