First weekend without worrying about Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First weekend without worrying about Argyle

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
dunlop":q6ieqh8k said:
Withdrawal symptoms already and can't ever remembering not worrying about Argyle.

See you on Monday Mike. :wave: :greensmile:

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Where’s that then at the AA (Argyle Anonymous) meeting?

Hi, I’m Heathrow Green and I’m an Argyle Addict.

May 22, 2006
Heathrow Green":24kn77uz said:

*stands up*

Hi, I'm Ham Green. I've been an Argyle supporter for.......(looks down at floor, shuffles nervously)...thirty years.

*rest of group applauds encouragingly*

IJN: You've made the first step, that's great. How do you feel on an average Saturday?

I....I get the sweats on a Saturday morning. I wake up and think CHRIST, WHO ARE WE PLAYING TODAY? IS TAYLOR STILL INJURED? WHAT IF BRADLEY GETS SENT OFF? Sometimes I poo the bed.

IJN: And then you go to the game. What's your pre-match routine?

Well actually I go for a walk, bimble around the market for a while, then go home and listen to the game on the radio.

*quiet discontent among the group*

IJN: You mean...you don't actually go to the game?

No, I....

IJN: Get out.

What?

IJN: I said GET OUT.

Balham Green: You heard what he said. YOU ARE NOT ONE OF US.

Mark Pedlar: heretic scum. *picking up pitchfork* SHUN THE PART-TIMER.

Rest of group: SHUN...SHUN...SHUN...SHUN...

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Heathrow Green":oztkwwh9 said:

Hi, I’m Heathrow Green and I’m an Argyle Addict.

Argylholic!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ham Green":7bekzwoy said:
Heathrow Green":7bekzwoy said:

*stands up*

Hi, I'm Ham Green. I've been an Argyle supporter for.......(looks down at floor, shuffles nervously)...thirty years.

IJN: You've made the first step, that's great. How do you feel on an average Saturday?

I....I get the sweats on a Saturday morning. I wake up and think CHRIST, WHO ARE WE PLAYING TODAY? IS TAYLOR STILL INJURED? WHAT IF BRADLEY GETS SENT OFF? Sometimes I poo the bed.

Well actually I go for a walk, bimble around the market for a while, then go home and listen to the game on the radio.

No, I....

What?

In my defence I've never said you're not an Argyle fan if you don't attend. I HAVE always said that people who don't attend haven't got any right to comment on what went on at a game. As they only have the commentators verdict not their own.

There is a difference Hammy.

May 22, 2006
IJN":1z9m3f47 said:
Ham Green":1z9m3f47 said:
Heathrow Green":1z9m3f47 said:

*stands up*

No, I....

What?

In my defence I've never said you're not an Argyle fan if you don't attend. I HAVE always said that people who don't attend haven't got any right to comment on what went on at a game. As they only have the commentators verdict not their own.

There is a difference Hammy.

I was trying to be humorous.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I know but with the freaks out there, you are feeding their fervour.

:greensmile:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":2f7rmmaw said:
dunlop":2f7rmmaw said:
Withdrawal symptoms already and can't ever remembering not worrying about Argyle.

See you on Monday Mike. :wave: :greensmile:

11-30.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Shankster":1zfd7dtf said:
A dislike of cricket? Beelzebub

Could be worse could enjoy golf......now there’s a uniquely tedious sport
Cricket? Pah! Never again!.......I remember agreeing to play for a local team once. It was a glorious day, we travelled to a very pretty spot and at first I thought how nice. I started the bowling with 5 overs - quite good, got 2 wickets and thought - yeah this is OK. Then I spent literally hours stood in the frigging outfield - I touched the ball about twice. Bored out my mind and hot. We had tea then I went in to bat and was out second ball. I came home about 9 hours after leaving, I was sun burnt on half my face and thought what a frigging waste of time.... what a ridiculous 'sport' ...... I just don't get it. Football, Rugby, Hockey, basketball - proper sports. Cricket? Nah!

Oct 16, 2016
Ave_IT":3k4gf9s1 said:
Shankster":3k4gf9s1 said:

Cricket? Pah! Never again!.......I remember agreeing to play for a local team once. It was a glorious day, we travelled to a very pretty spot and at first I thought how nice. I started the bowling with 5 overs - quite good, got 2 wickets and thought - yeah this is OK. Then I spent literally hours stood in the frigging outfield - I touched the ball about twice. Bored out my mind and hot. We had tea then I went in to bat and was out second ball. I came home about 9 hours after leaving, I was sun burnt on half my face and thought what a frigging waste of time.... what a ridiculous 'sport' ...... I just don't get it. Football, Rugby, Hockey, basketball - proper sports. Cricket? Nah!

Plymstock pavilion, there’s a bar and if you field second you’re ringbolted by the time you bat.....

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Went to two 'fayres' today. The summer is stretching out ahead of me...

The good thing about pre season is the optimism. Most new signings sound like world beaters, they come with exciting youtube clips of long range strikes and silky skills. Then you suffer the reality in August.

Another positive is that my blood pressure takes a dip as I take a well earned rest from one or two Pasoti regulars...

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Shankster":3sgr3ekv said:
Ave_IT":3sgr3ekv said:
Shankster":3sgr3ekv said:

Plymstock pavilion, there’s a bar and if you field second you’re ringbolted by the time you bat.....

Plymstock pavilion , sounds a bit flash for what I remember when I played for them back in the late 60's . Many happy memories of playing and assisting the groundsman in my yoof.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I go along with Ian's thoughts on cricket. Will have to be doing a lot of painting outside this summer and would much prefer to sit and watch it dry... :eek:)