First weekend without worrying about Argyle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First weekend without worrying about Argyle

G

Greenskin

Ave_IT":22p8qixc said:
Shankster":22p8qixc said:
A dislike of cricket? Beelzebub

Could be worse could enjoy golf......now there’s a uniquely tedious sport
Cricket? Pah! Never again!.......I remember agreeing to play for a local team once. It was a glorious day, we travelled to a very pretty spot and at first I thought how nice. I started the bowling with 5 overs - quite good, got 2 wickets and thought - yeah this is OK. Then I spent literally hours stood in the frigging outfield - I touched the ball about twice. Bored out my mind and hot. We had tea then I went in to bat and was out second ball. I came home about 9 hours after leaving, I was sun burnt on half my face and thought what a frigging waste of time.... what a ridiculous 'sport' ...... I just don't get it. Football, Rugby, Hockey, basketball - proper sports. Cricket? Nah!

I suppose the moral of that story is ....well, don't fudgeing well get out second ball! :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The English summer was invented just for Test cricket. Marvellous!

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":2rks1vrj said:
The English summer was invented just for Test cricket. Marvellous!

Cricket was also invented for reasons why it rains in the summer, as unfortunately Ireland found out on the very first day of their first ever test match.

I must admit l love the bit where cricket and football overlap at the end of the summer as you still have the optimism of a new season ahead. Having said this, Sturrock’s pre-season results were iffy and yet we went on to win Championships those years so just goes to show how important pre-season results can be.

Although, the result that sticks out in my head is a pre-season game under Adams at a Forest Green. He just arrived, his signings were late that summer because of the timing of his arrival. We were playing a well established conference side and went 3-0 down l think. Argyle came back to win that game 5-3. I remember reading the match thread and worries and fears turned into a wave of real optimism with our first league game approaching. I think it gave people a sign that Adams was different from Sheridan as the previous season we couldn’t come from behind in a game. Now here we were coming from 3-0 down, albeit it was a pre-season friendly.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Sat nervously all day.....

Something missing, something missing..

Heart rate normal, blood pressure in acceptable range

Something missing....

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Shankster":2ue1fv2c said:
Ave_IT":2ue1fv2c said:
Shankster":2ue1fv2c said:
A dislike of cricket? Beelzebub

Could be worse could enjoy golf......now there’s a uniquely tedious sport
Cricket? Pah! Never again!.......I remember agreeing to play for a local team once. It was a glorious day, we travelled to a very pretty spot and at first I thought how nice. I started the bowling with 5 overs - quite good, got 2 wickets and thought - yeah this is OK. Then I spent literally hours stood in the frigging outfield - I touched the ball about twice. Bored out my mind and hot. We had tea then I went in to bat and was out second ball. I came home about 9 hours after leaving, I was sun burnt on half my face and thought what a frigging waste of time.... what a ridiculous 'sport' ...... I just don't get it. Football, Rugby, Hockey, basketball - proper sports. Cricket? Nah!

Plymstock pavilion, there’s a bar and if you field second you’re ringbolted by the time you bat.....
Dog walkers don’t understand cricket. Always distracting batsmen at Plymstock by walking past the sight screen behind the bowler’s arm.

Last Saturday ?

Celebrated my birthday as I was working on Friday - the REAL day !

Went downtown Chengdu to meet some people for some food, a few beers and live music.

Nice with no pressure.

Why ?

I did NOT have to zoom back early [2200 or 2300 hours] to catch the kick-off on iFollow.

I simply could sit and have a few more beers - without any worries - and catch a Uber or Didi Taxi all the way home to my front door.

I like that but WILL look forward to the new season when it all starts again BUT, maybe this time, in my own bar !

Keep the Faith :scarf:

May 4, 2018
It’s kind of a self inflicted torture but can’t resist watching the Playoffs.

Time for for positive thoughts about renewal of contracts or seeing who DA can bring into the team for next season.