Finn Azaz (signs for Middlesbrough - confirmed) ๐Ÿ˜ข | Page 62 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Finn Azaz (signs for Middlesbrough - confirmed) ๐Ÿ˜ข

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
In terms of body language I'd put him in the Chris Waddle category - not disinterested, but just had the ability to look totally knackered by the time the warm up finished. That's not a criticism, just the way he's made.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Call me an old cynic but this was potentially on the cards this time last year.

I've said in the past watching his body language that he at times looks like a big time Charlie. I know I'll likely get slated again but its how I feel.

He was looking great and chipped in with a few goals leading up to Christmas and his injury last year, just before the January transfer window.

When he returned he looked a shadow of himself and it took a while to get going. At times to me looked disinterested, eventually though chipping in with a couple goals and finding form, guess what, before the transfer window.

He has had several loans lower down the pyramid, now's his chance to shine. However, if he is a big time lad he'll need to pull his weight consistently.

Wish him well, but the next bus will be along shortly.
Speak to anyone who's known him in his time here, this is very inaccurate.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
In terms of body language I'd put him in the Chris Waddle category - not disinterested, but just had the ability to look totally knackered by the time the warm up finished. That's not a criticism, just the way he's made.
๐Ÿ˜‚ Now he could play for sure.

I agree with that but as I said it was just an impression (and my opinion) that I'd been given over the initial first few months I'd seen him play, which has also been every game to date. Quality player but there is a question mark for me.

Mat

๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
All the very best to him. Almost 140 games played out on loan, put up with the disruption of having to move around the UK and now he has an outside chance of winning promotion in 4 months time to the Premiership. Fully deserved .
At which point Boro will buy a whole new squad, heโ€™ll be in the reserves and they can loan him back to us next summer.

Reactions: Greenbean
Oct 31, 2022
Yes but he would not have cost ยฃ2m in the summer
You're right. The previous post is comparing apples with oranges.
MW isn't half of 2m now, either - like he was in the summer.

Values change over time, so comparing current Jan fees with speculative fees from the summer is fairly aimless. Ultimately, our club and the player are responsible for Finn's value.

Feb 23, 2022
Yes but he would not have cost ยฃ2m in the summer
That wasn't the question I don't think. MW and BM cost ยฃ2M. FA has gone to Boro for ยฃ2M hasn't he?
Green Flash was asking about fees paid and what Azaz went for, as a comparison.

It's bad enough that Azaz has gone to my niece's boyfriend's club.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I thought that today was a big chance for Callum Wright to put down a marker and say โ€œI can be Finn Azazโ€, particularly against L2 opposition, but unfortunately he was poor, he was weak, ineffective and sloppy. We need a new signing, or alternatively we need to move Whittaker inside and use Bundu out wide.

Reactions: Tugboat