Favourite headed goal? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Favourite headed goal?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
cheshiregreen":vkqiq1qg said:
Devongreenowl":vkqiq1qg said:
greensalt":vkqiq1qg said:
Got to be some Mariner headers amongst them - the one I remember best thought was after he joined Ipswich to win a match against Liverpool

I was at that match GS, with a Plymothian Liverpool-supporting mate of mine. We knew Mariner would score - and he did! :cool:

This one?

https://youtu.be/Qr1qt6yaRAs

That’s the one! Great header from Mariner. We were down at the other end, but it was clear that the scorer was Mariner, just by the way he soared up and beat Clemence convincingly. Eventful trip all the way up from Plymouth with car trouble making us think we might miss the game. Glad we didn’t, although my mate and several thousand Liverpool fans, were very disappointed.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
15 September 1979
David Kemp on his debut vs Wimbledon
I was stood behind the goal at the BPE. He had no business sticking his head down so low among the flailing boots. “He’ll get a few for us” said my dad.

23 August 1980
Donal Murphy vs Charlton, bullet diving header of a kind I’d never really seen before.
On a whim I’d decided to sit in the grandstand that day.
Tony Glasson was the referee.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
That YouTube clip of Ipswich v Liverpool reminded me of the Chant from that time of Argyle, Argyle similar to the Ipswich one you can hear. Always a favourite.
Back on topic Hartley for Argyle and Houchen for Cov v Spurs FA Cup Final (I was in the Coventry end-bedlam when it went in.)