Favourite headed goal? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Favourite headed goal?

Aug 18, 2010
PL2
Trigger against QPR.

When that went in I remember getting a load of dust in my eyes. Must have been dust, I couldn't have been shedding a few tears.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Tynan's v Bristol City when we beat them 4-0 in front of an absolutely rammed Home Park back in '86.

One of my best Argyle memories. Here are the highlights. Tynan's header around 11.20 in. Nelsons was the goal of the game though.

https://youtu.be/DasXgrMV0e8

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I seem to recall Steve Cooper scoring a great headed goal against Bournemouth in our promotion year. However it was many years ago and my memory could be playing tricks.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Steve Castle, away at West Brom in our 5-2 win. Still lives with me to this day. Such a brilliant header that the majority of Baggies fans applauded it as well.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Oh go on then, best header, as per the OP seagreen. Hughie Reed's header v Torquay.
He really did seem to my young eyes to hover in the air with his body horizontal to the pitch, and about 18 yards out.
One of those lifetime unforgettable moments for about 20,000 Greens.

Mar 22, 2020
You beat me to it. Friio's injury time heroics. The winner was such a brave header, looked like he dived through the defenders armpit to get there first. Typified his commitment to the team. What a view from the old grandstand too. Still one of my favourite Argyle moments ever!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Don’t suppose it’s the best, but my favourite was Paul Mariner's final goal in an Argyle shirt. A headed goal at the Devonport End against Cardiff, just before he went to Ipswich.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Paul Williams v Colchester and Peter Hartley v Portsmouth are both up there for dramatic value and their significance to the club at the time but oddly, the headed goal that immediately came to my mind was an own goal by an opposition defender. I think it was in a game at Home Park against Barnsley in which they scored two own goals I think. The defender connected with the ball beautifully on the edge of the area (Barn Park End) and the ball went into the top corner like a bullet. At least that is how I remember it.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
monkeywrench":1lwhix0p said:
Tynan's v Bristol City when we beat them 4-0 in front of an absolutely rammed Home Park back in '86.

One of my best Argyle memories. Here are the highlights. Tynan's header around 11.20 in. Nelsons was the goal of the game though.

https://youtu.be/DasXgrMV0e8

How did we get two pages in before this was mentioned? Loved Coughlin’s goal direct from a corner.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I always had a soft spot for Bradley Wright-Phillips away at a night game at Swindon. I think we were 2 up, pegged back to 2-2 and his was a headed winner (cross from Noone?) in added time. Well, that’s how I remember it anyway. Away end went bonkers.