F1 2024 | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2024

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
It would be fun to see him move to Ferrari, he'd sort them out.

It's a big blow for Red Bull to lose him before the next big regs change in '26. Some suggestions on Twitter today that he wouldn't be able to work for another team until 2027 but who knows.

His longevity is incredible isn't it? I think his first title-winning car was the all-conquering Williams FW14B in '92 but he was designing highly effective March/Leyton House cars before that.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Which team would you like him to go to? Personally I'd like him to retire and level up the playing field.
If I had the choice it would be McLaren although the romantic in me would love to see him go back to Williams (I know that'll never happen!).

It seems to be between Aston and Ferrari, although imagine the offer Audi are making him! Ferrari with Charles and Lewis in a Newey designed car would be a formidable force.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
It would be fun to see him move to Ferrari, he'd sort them out.

It's a big blow for Red Bull to lose him before the next big regs change in '26. Some suggestions on Twitter today that he wouldn't be able to work for another team until 2027 but who knows.

His longevity is incredible isn't it? I think his first title-winning car was the all-conquering Williams FW14B in '92 but he was designing highly effective March/Leyton House cars before that.
The talk is that his contract runs until the end of 25, he then has to serve a years gardening leave to the end of 26 so he couldn't join a new team until 27, that would mean his first car at a new team wouldn't be until 2028 - its almost like Red Bull are worried!

Hulkenberg moving to Sauber for 2025.
Solid move, good number 2 driver for when they become Audi behind a marquee signing (probably Sainz) and he's German too. I'd imagine that opens the door nicely for Bearman at Haas!

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
My brother is over in Miami with Sky for the next GP and everyone in the paddock had been waiting for the confirmation he'd be leaving since the wagons started pitching up last weekend. Newey is really unhappy how his PA was treated by the team after the Horner affair exploded, and the majority Thai owners of RBR backed Horner, not Newey (FWIW the Austrian contingent of Red Bull backed Newey).

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
My brother is over in Miami with Sky for the next GP and everyone in the paddock had been waiting for the confirmation he'd be leaving since the wagons started pitching up last weekend. Newey is really unhappy how his PA was treated by the team after the Horner affair exploded, and the majority Thai owners of RBR backed Horner, not Newey (FWIW the Austrian contingent of Red Bull backed Newey).

Events dear boy! What a mess. And such a silly way to blow up an absolutely unstoppable winning machine.

Reactions: The Pilgrim
Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
What a fascinating dynamic to happen. Red bull cruising to another title, can put so much effort into the next years car and the new regs before everyone else and boom they lose the best areodynami s ever.
Newey is no spring chicken so will be interesting to see where he will go.
Hopefully will level up the field a little or will it show that red bull isnt just 1 man design team and whatever team newey goes to they go to the top.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Does that mean his PA was the one who complained about Horner? I'm sure the identity must be an open secret within F1 by now, but I don't follow it very closely at all any more so I have no idea.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Yes, he's leaving, surely for Ferrari.

This is quite a surprise, though:

Newey was thought to have a gardening leave clause in his contract that would have prevented him from joining another team for a further 12 months, but this has apparently been negated, with Newey free in the “first quarter of 2025” according to Red Bull.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Maybe he does have a 12 month ‘gardening leave’ clause, but that has started immediately leaving him free this time next year. It would make sense as he wouldn’t be allowed near next years car and take all the technical information to Ferrari (or whoever).