F1 2023 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2023

Sep 13, 2003
Both the red flags were ridiculous in Sunday. One for gravel and one for a wheel and some debris on the track.
You think things would have improved after Abu Dhabi in 2021 but the FIA are obsessed with fact we can't have races finishing under the safety car.
Thankfully they reverted the grid back otherwise Alonso and a few others would have been unfairly punished.

Off to Azerbaijan 3 weeks today for the next race. Absolutely buzzing and will be interesting to see a sprint race weekend in the flesh.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Both the red flags were ridiculous in Sunday. One for gravel and one for a wheel and some debris on the track.
You think things would have improved after Abu Dhabi in 2021 but the FIA are obsessed with fact we can't have races finishing under the safety car.
Thankfully they reverted the grid back otherwise Alonso and a few others would have been unfairly punished.

Off to Azerbaijan 3 weeks today for the next race. Absolutely buzzing and will be interesting to see a sprint race weekend in the flesh.

Enjoy! I enjoy watching F1 in the flesh, it's not for everyone but every couple of years I treat myself to a weekend, and I never regret it. Whereabouts is your seat?

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend

Lucky you! You've potentially got a great weekend on your hands there!

Be even better if they get through the idea of a return to a 1 shot quali for the sprint race.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth

What bit of the circuit are you watching from?

Sep 13, 2003
I'm just general admission for all three days....I've always just gone GA apart from Abu Dhabi last season (didn't have an option)......GA in Spa and Monza is the best ....Silverstone is great if you get their early enough as well !
It's the Baku derby when I'm out there as well... although the kick off is the same time as the race. Hopefully they change that !

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Yeah, Albert Park and Montreal are pretty good. Monaco is utter pants, though: I remembered dragging my wife around the route (we were on holiday in Nice so I suggested we'd get the train to Monaco for the day: didn't tell her about the circuit walk :D) and realising just how narrow it is. The only race that weekend is for pole: you get that and, mechanicals aside, you're more or less guaranteed to win if you stick to your racing line (think Mansell vs Senna in 92 when Mansell failed to get past the Brazilian after being forced to go in for a late pit-stop)

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Yeah, Albert Park and Montreal are pretty good. Monaco is utter pants, though: I remembered dragging my wife around the route (we were on holiday in Nice so I suggested we'd get the train to Monaco for the day: didn't tell her about the circuit walk :D) and realising just how narrow it is. The only race that weekend is for pole: you get that and, mechanicals aside, you're more or less guaranteed to win if you stick to your racing line (think Mansell vs Senna in 92 when Mansell failed to get past the Brazilian after being forced to go in for a late pit-stop)

I did exactly the same as you Quinny! I remember having lunch in a restaurant that's more or less where the paddock is on race weekend.

Monaco is a very strange place - nice enough, I guess, but not really my thing to be honest.

Reactions: Quinny

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I did exactly the same as you Quinny! I remember having lunch in a restaurant that's more or less where the paddock is on race weekend.

Monaco is a very strange place - nice enough, I guess, but not really my thing to be honest.

I did something similar in my very first away-holiday with my wife - then we had just been dating for a few months - we went to Barcelona, so I decided to take her for a walk around Montjuic. I didn't dare tell her I was walking the old GP street circuit :D

Last edited:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
This weekend’s Emilia Romagna Grand Prix has been officially cancelled due to severe flooding in the region, with organisers accepting it would be irresponsible to hold such a big event while local community and emergency services are stretched.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
I did something similar in my very first away-holiday with my wife - then we had just been dating for a few months - we went to Barcelona, so I decided to take her for a walk around Montjuic. I didn't dare tell her I was walking the old GP street circuit :D

Beautiful spot that, much nicer than the current Barcelona track. Totally unsuitable for modern F1 cars of course. It must have been a gruelling walk, it's a bit of a roller coaster if I remember rightly!

I'm a bit shocked that F1 have taken the decision to cancel the San Marino GP this weekend, unquestionably correct though it is.

Reactions: Quinny

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I'm a bit shocked that F1 have taken the decision to cancel the San Marino GP this weekend, unquestionably correct though it is.

I was having a chat with my brother earlier about it - he works for Sky Sports and is one of the techie guys who goes out at sets up the comms stuff for outside events (he's covered everything from F1 around the world through to golf and pool's Masconi Cup in the States): he wasn't scheduled to go to Imola, but cable rigs had already got to the circuit and they were already setting up when they were told to leave the track yesterday afternoon ... and then were told early this morning it was off.