Exeter v Argyle match thread | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter v Argyle match thread

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
He's a chino wearer through and through. He's catatonic because the false superiority complex that they seem to have developed in a very short space of time meant that he was utterly convinced the chinos would walk it today, now they haven't his evening of celebratory organic stuffed peppers has been ruined by the oiks from grotty Plymouth he's decided to slum it on here.

Dec 12, 2012
PAFC94":3hfpdsws said:
iamJC":3hfpdsws said:
PAFC94":3hfpdsws said:
6000 and something attendance, pathetic, couldn't get a ticket for today, when theres 2000+ empty seats that the scum fans can't fill.

The definition of a tinpot club - ECFC.

Lets be fair here, Argyle are in very poor form, is playing argyle a massive draw for city anymore?? City should have had the game won by the 50 min, Cureton missed a sitter, TBH he is the second highest scorer in the league, on anyother day he would have put that away then it would have been game over

i think we should be over the moon with a point as TBH i dont think we deserved anything

Crowd size= being tinpot does it?????? i wonder what you will say when City have more in than we do in the future, that day isnt far away, once the dog fight starts fans will stay away, if City continue there form and position then come the end of the season as they push to go up they will get bigger home crowds than us as we go down

Who do i blame?

well, id start with the old board and FANS mind set at the time, everyone wanted named players and the PREM dream, look where the club is now and thats due to not having the funds to back the contracts up

Holloway LEFT because he knew the club was spending far more than it could afford, so every fan calling sorry demanding prem football needs to shouder some blame

oh but lets take the mick because city only had 6500 in, alot is prob down to Xmas shopping/midday KO/and do you really think playing us gets them all excited these days???? if you do think that then you are very deluded

5000 home fans is pathetic, we're there biggest rivals, and they're going well in the league. The scum will nether have a higher average attendance than us, we're a much bigger club and we will rise again, we got 7000 on the opening day when there was a sense of optimism, and if we we're in a play off position at this time are average crowd would be atleast 8,000.

The scum will always be in our shadow, and we will always be the bigger football club.

PAFC - Pride of Devon

The good times will return once again.

And as for christmas shopping are you having a laugh, Devon Derby or shopping what a tough decision.

Also Holloway left purely for the cash.

i hope your right about good times, i hope its sooner rather than later, i remember the time when they werent even on our radar but if they can get by then why take the pee?? they got screwed over the same way we did and they even helped with the trust

over the years ive seen time and time again about us being a massive club, maybe in ground cap, but less face it we are in this league because we have failed to beat enough teams in the leagues above, bradford they have history, even top flight history but they are here for the same reason we are, and thats because we havent been good enough, it doesnt matter if you have 1000 fans or 100,0000 fans league position is what counts, and if your happy to say ok city are above us but we are a bigger club then you are having a laugh, id rather have 1000 people in and win the league than 7000 in and finish mid table

Dec 12, 2012
up_the_line":f8wdizyj said:
He's a chino wearer through and through. He's catatonic because the false superiority complex that they seem to have developed in a very short space of time meant that he was utterly convinced the chinos would walk it today, now they haven't his evening of celebratory organic stuffed peppers has been ruined by the oiks from grotty Plymouth he's decided to slum it on here.

Lol if i was a scummer why oh why would i come on here? if i was a scummer i would be in thr frame of mind they should have won, whereas i see a point away is a good point, all things considered

so in answer to your question no im not, thanks for asking

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
iamJC":1tqej57d said:
up_the_line":1tqej57d said:

Lol if i was a scummer why oh why would i come on here? if i was a scummer i would be in thr frame of mind they should have won, whereas i see a point away is a good point, all things considered

Cos most of you vermain lot are purely obsessed with all things pafc

Nov 4, 2012
iamJC":2y4gviz5 said:
PAFC94":2y4gviz5 said:
iamJC":2y4gviz5 said:
PAFC94":2y4gviz5 said:
6000 and something attendance, pathetic, couldn't get a ticket for today, when theres 2000+ empty seats that the scum fans can't fill.

Lets be fair here, Argyle are in very poor form, is playing argyle a massive draw for city anymore?? City should have had the game won by the 50 min, Cureton missed a sitter, TBH he is the second highest scorer in the league, on anyother day he would have put that away then it would have been game over

i think we should be over the moon with a point as TBH i dont think we deserved anything

Crowd size= being tinpot does it?????? i wonder what you will say when City have more in than we do in the future, that day isnt far away, once the dog fight starts fans will stay away, if City continue there form and position then come the end of the season as they push to go up they will get bigger home crowds than us as we go down

Who do i blame?

well, id start with the old board and FANS mind set at the time, everyone wanted named players and the PREM dream, look where the club is now and thats due to not having the funds to back the contracts up

Holloway LEFT because he knew the club was spending far more than it could afford, so every fan calling sorry demanding prem football needs to shouder some blame

oh but lets take the mick because city only had 6500 in, alot is prob down to Xmas shopping/midday KO/and do you really think playing us gets them all excited these days???? if you do think that then you are very deluded

5000 home fans is pathetic, we're there biggest rivals, and they're going well in the league. The scum will nether have a higher average attendance than us, we're a much bigger club and we will rise again, we got 7000 on the opening day when there was a sense of optimism, and if we we're in a play off position at this time are average crowd would be atleast 8,000.

The scum will always be in our shadow, and we will always be the bigger football club.

PAFC - Pride of Devon

The good times will return once again.

And as for christmas shopping are you having a laugh, Devon Derby or shopping what a tough decision.

Also Holloway left purely for the cash.

i hope your right about good times, i hope its sooner rather than later, i remember the time when they werent even on our radar but if they can get by then why take the pee?? they got screwed over the same way we did and they even helped with the trust

over the years ive seen time and time again about us being a massive club, maybe in ground cap, but less face it we are in this league because we have failed to beat enough teams in the leagues above, bradford they have history, even top flight history but they are here for the same reason we are, and thats because we havent been good enough, it doesnt matter if you have 1000 fans or 100,0000 fans league position is what counts, and if your happy to say ok city are above us but we are a bigger club then you are having a laugh, id rather have 1000 people in and win the league than 7000 in and finish mid table

The scum have finished higher than us 7 times in their history, and I'm not saying we're a massive club, not by a long shot, but we are certainly the bigger club and we always will be. This is the lowest point in our history and we're still in the same league as them and drawing against them, where were the scum when they were at there lowest point? Oh yeah they were a non-league side, whilst we were competing in the championship and reaching FA Cup Quarter Finals.

Why are you trying to defend the scum anyway?

Excretia City forever in our shadow.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
:scarf: I am a white member and this was the first match I have been able to attend this season. Having followed the various postings on PASOTI my expections were not high. However I was pleasantly surprised how we played. They scored against the run of play and we played the better football. However we created all too few chances. I have just read the report of the match in the WMN and I think Stuart James has got it spot on. All too often I have read a match report and wondered if I had been at the same game ! Paul Tisdale's Match reaction is also fair comment. By and large I thought most of the team did okay.
I could not understand why Andy Woolmer did not book Danny Coles for a cynical tackle on Gurrieri in the 2nd minute yet booked Blanchard for no worse a challenge shortly after. I also thought he gave Exeter a couple of free kicks on the edge of our area in the first half for fairly soft challenges one of which was by Luke Young. After which he seemed to control the match quite well.
The subsituation of Gurrieri at half time was surprising but by pushing Bhasera into midfield we became more of an attacking threat.
My enjoyment of the match was spoiled by the young moron stood next to me who spouted forth a constant stream of obscenities and had the brain cells of amoeba.

L

Lord Tisdale

iamJC":1330vo55 said:
PAFC94":1330vo55 said:

Crowd size= being tinpot does it??????

The literal definition of "Tinpot" is having been in the Conference for over five full seasons, you may know this as the Blue Square Premiership although believe me there is no Premiership kudos attached to being in there. Hopefully you boys will shortly be getting a shot at achieving said status.

Yes the crowd was disappointing and JC has touched on the reasons, we really don't see you as the big bad wolf any more, you might still cut a bedraggled starving threat with one foot stuck in an evil looking trap, but that ain't no big thing. The ticketing and kick off arrangements to accommodate the knuckle draggers really didn't help nor did the timing, a couple of weeks before Chrimbo is historically one of the worst for attendances, check out some of the other crowds Saturday. Account should also be taken of the fact that our enormously successful rugby club was at home in the World's premier club rugby competition, yes it was possible to make both but even in a prosperous City like Exeter not everyone can afford to do everything they would like, especially at this time of the year.

Smaller than you ? Yeah, for the time being, tinpot ? Never.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Steve.PAFC2012":8vy3zohs said:
iamJC":8vy3zohs said:
up_the_line":8vy3zohs said:

Cos most of you vermain lot are purely obsessed with all things pafc
IamJC IS Lord Tisdale ……and I claim my £10.

The poor sod gets so lonely on Exweb now all his pals have gone off off to watch ‘the Rugger’ he invented someone else to talk to…….a bit weird to bring him on here though but I guess it takes all sorts. Joined three days before the match and already outed on another thread it’s blatant trolling………then he has the front to bang on about how they don’t care about Argyle anymore :facepalm:

L

Lord Tisdale

Ave_IT":1d5cwhel said:
IamJC IS Lord Tisdale ……and I claim my £10.

The poor sod gets so lonely on Exweb now all his pals have gone off off to watch ‘the Rugger’ he invented someone else to talk to…….a bit weird to bring him on here though but I guess it takes all sorts. Joined three days before the match and already outed on another thread it’s blatant trolling………then he has the front to bang on about how they don’t care about Argyle anymore :facepalm:

Are you boys really getting as paranoid as the ATD crew ?

Exeweb is truly an incredibly boring place nowadays and the opportunity to poke a little fun at you mugs desperately trying to find something to feel good about is hard to resist, I should be expecting a few more of us Reds to migrate and become more involved if I was you, just as long as we hang around the play offs while you keep nervously looking over your collective shoulder. Hey, wouldn't it be great if Stewy were to get the Gas job and turn them around.

Oct 24, 2010
Green as Grass":18o0od6t said:
:scarf: I am a white member and this was the first match I have been able to attend this season. Having followed the various postings on PASOTI my expections were not high. However I was pleasantly surprised how we played. They scored against the run of play and we played the better football. However we created all too few chances. I have just read the report of the match in the WMN and I think Stuart James has got it spot on. All too often I have read a match report and wondered if I had been at the same game ! Paul Tisdale's Match reaction is also fair comment. By and large I thought most of the team did okay.
I could not understand why Andy Woolmer did not book Danny Coles for a cynical tackle on Gurrieri in the 2nd minute yet booked Blanchard for no worse a challenge shortly after. I also thought he gave Exeter a couple of free kicks on the edge of our area in the first half for fairly soft challenges one of which was by Luke Young. After which he seemed to control the match quite well.
The subsituation of Gurrieri at half time was surprising but by pushing Bhasera into midfield we became more of an attacking threat.
My enjoyment of the match was spoiled by the young moron stood next to me who spouted forth a constant stream of obscenities and had the brain cells of amoeba.
Don't take too much notice of the negativity on here, the "Pasoti view" is distorted by a handful of doom mongers making multiple posts. We are playing OK. We lack a bit of penetration up front, have made too many individual defensive errors (as you would have seen on Saturday) and simply not had the run of the ball. Our luck is turning now, the own goal against York was very timely and Curreton will not miss many sitters like he did on Saturday.