Exeter v Argyle match thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter v Argyle match thread

Dec 9, 2009
PLYMOUTH
Bloody hell didn't realise we were playing excretia today let alone an early kick off. Came on here to see who we were playing and how it was going and found out all this. My wife is gobsmacked that I didn't realise. Sign of the times I suppose. Well done to all those who went and enjoyed the day if not the game

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Dec 12, 2012
PAFC94":3mrkbvfk said:
6000 and something attendance, pathetic, couldn't get a ticket for today, when theres 2000+ empty seats that the scum fans can't fill.

The definition of a tinpot club - ECFC.

Lets be fair here, Argyle are in very poor form, is playing argyle a massive draw for city anymore?? City should have had the game won by the 50 min, Cureton missed a sitter, TBH he is the second highest scorer in the league, on anyother day he would have put that away then it would have been game over

i think we should be over the moon with a point as TBH i dont think we deserved anything

Crowd size= being tinpot does it?????? i wonder what you will say when City have more in than we do in the future, that day isnt far away, once the dog fight starts fans will stay away, if City continue there form and position then come the end of the season as they push to go up they will get bigger home crowds than us as we go down

Who do i blame?

well, id start with the old board and FANS mind set at the time, everyone wanted named players and the PREM dream, look where the club is now and thats due to not having the funds to back the contracts up

Holloway LEFT because he knew the club was spending far more than it could afford, so every fan calling sorry demanding prem football needs to shouder some blame

oh but lets take the mick because city only had 6500 in, alot is prob down to Xmas shopping/midday KO/and do you really think playing us gets them all excited these days???? if you do think that then you are very deluded

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Why is Madjo being paid a good wedge for arse warming the bench???

He did'nt make it to the bench, probably will be starting for Aldershot next game, maybe not as they scored 4 today.

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
iamJC":v2ijb2xt said:
Crowd size= being tinpot does it?????? i wonder what you will say when City have more in than we do in the future, that day isnt far away, once the dog fight starts fans will stay away, if City continue there form and position then come the end of the season as they push to go up they will get bigger home crowds than us as we go down

5,200 home fans for a "derby" is pee-poor. Hell will freeze over before they average more than us. They were in a higher division last season, yet we averaged 2,500 more.

Content with a point. Fletcher made the right changes in the second half and we were much better for it.

Dec 12, 2012
Argyle_4_Life":3qu8kgb7 said:
iamJC":3qu8kgb7 said:

5,200 home fans for a "derby" is pee-poor. Hell will freeze over before they average more than us. They were in a higher division last season, yet we averaged 2,500 more.

Content with a point. Fletcher made the right changes in the second half and we were much better for it.

maybe ive been working with City fans for to long, ive heard this many times so will repeat here

Plymouth is 3 times the size of exeter, and we have cornwall to call on, yet we dont manage 3 times the att at home

also from friends that are city fans, ive been told they dont see us as a threat anymore, plus xmas and rugby at home

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
iamJC":2zhgk7tv said:
maybe ive been working with City fans for to long, ive heard this many times so will repeat here

Plymouth is 3 times the size of exeter, and we have cornwall to call on, yet we dont manage 3 times the att at home

also from friends that are city fans, ive been told they dont see us as a threat anymore, plus xmas and rugby at home

Plymouth is not three times the size of Exeter, look it up. Most people who like football in the South West "support" one of the country's bigger clubs because it's easier to sit on your backside and watch Sky Sports than take pride in your local area. I'm glad they don't see us as a threat any more, they never have and never will be a threat to us.

Dec 12, 2012
Argyle_4_Life":2g7bna0e said:
iamJC":2g7bna0e said:

Plymouth is not three times the size of Exeter, look it up. Most people who like football in the South West "support" one of the country's bigger clubs because it's easier to sit on your backside and watch Sky Sports than take pride in your local area. I'm glad they don't see us as a threat any more, they never have and never will be a threat to us.

i agree to a point, but they are doing well we are not, if this carries on much longer they will be seen as the better club in the area, i hope that doesnt happen, but the younger fans cant remember the good times of the CCC only the crap we have had to put up with over the last 5 yrs

iamJC":k5byynn5 said:
Argyle_4_Life":k5byynn5 said:
iamJC":k5byynn5 said:

i agree to a point, but they are doing well we are not, if this carries on much longer they will be seen as the better club in the area, i hope that doesnt happen, but the younger fans cant remember the good times of the CCC only the crap we have had to put up with over the last 5 yrs

E*****r are doing ok to be fair, they have a good manager and while he is there they may well yo-yo between L1 & L2, but they simply cannot sustain a tilt at the Championship in my opinion. If Tis eventually goes then it could well all fall apart for them.

We, on the other hand are at our lowest ebb since the late 90's and on a painful road to recovery from admin, it will take time but eventually we will take the upper hand again simply because we are a bigger club than them, end of.

Nov 4, 2012
iamJC":rockqkys said:
PAFC94":rockqkys said:
6000 and something attendance, pathetic, couldn't get a ticket for today, when theres 2000+ empty seats that the scum fans can't fill.

The definition of a tinpot club - ECFC.

Lets be fair here, Argyle are in very poor form, is playing argyle a massive draw for city anymore?? City should have had the game won by the 50 min, Cureton missed a sitter, TBH he is the second highest scorer in the league, on anyother day he would have put that away then it would have been game over

i think we should be over the moon with a point as TBH i dont think we deserved anything

Who do i blame?

well, id start with the old board and FANS mind set at the time, everyone wanted named players and the PREM dream, look where the club is now and thats due to not having the funds to back the contracts up

Holloway LEFT because he knew the club was spending far more than it could afford, so every fan calling sorry demanding prem football needs to shouder some blame

oh but lets take the mick because city only had 6500 in, alot is prob down to Xmas shopping/midday KO/and do you really think playing us gets them all excited these days???? if you do think that then you are very deluded

5000 home fans is pathetic, we're there biggest rivals, and they're going well in the league. The scum will nether have a higher average attendance than us, we're a much bigger club and we will rise again, we got 7000 on the opening day when there was a sense of optimism, and if we we're in a play off position at this time are average crowd would be atleast 8,000.

The scum will always be in our shadow, and we will always be the bigger football club.

PAFC - Pride of Devon

The good times will return once again.

And as for christmas shopping are you having a laugh, Devon Derby or shopping what a tough decision.

Also Holloway left purely for the cash.