England Vs Colombia | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England Vs Colombia

Apr 30, 2011
Cobi Budge":2fbrexxf said:
oldage":2fbrexxf said:
Nearly lost it cause of Henderson.Just knew he would miss as soon as he started keepy uppy on the way to take his penalty.What a prat.

Odd comment.

There wasn’t anything wrong with Henderson’s penalty, just a good save, if he hadn’t have got to it everyone would be saying what a good penalty it was, bottom corner with power.

I disagree with the OP - had Henderson missed and we lost we wouldn't have lost just because of Henderson. That said, his penalty was completely sign posted which you can't get away with at the top level. It wasn't a good penalty.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":1cqqgq9n said:
In the end it came down to strong hands. Pickford pushed away the ball with his hand and while Ospina got a hand to Dier's penalty he couldn't stop it.

It's impressive the amount of research and analysis that Southgate and his coaches have brought into the England set-up.

So why did Henderson go to Aspina's left when that was his stronger side if England have done their research?

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":375wq8ke said:
Knibbsworth":375wq8ke said:
oldage":375wq8ke said:
Didn't help did it.,He missed!

The keeper saved, there's a difference. The Colombian player missed when he hit the bar. Nice of you to draw attention and discuss the one out of five penalty takers who had theirs saved. English blame mentality?

Pasoti is the same when Carey has an effort saved, suddenly everyone is an expert and tells him where he should have put it. Any penalty can be saved.

Nonsense. No keeper would have saved Trippier's.

There have been many top corner penalty saves, if a keeper dives to the top corner it has to be extremely hard AND accurate to evade their reach.

Tim Howard used to dive to the top corners with success.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":37cz213m said:
Balham_Green":37cz213m said:
Knibbsworth":37cz213m said:
oldage":37cz213m said:
Didn't help did it.,He missed!

The keeper saved, there's a difference. The Colombian player missed when he hit the bar. Nice of you to draw attention and discuss the one out of five penalty takers who had theirs saved. English blame mentality?

Pasoti is the same when Carey has an effort saved, suddenly everyone is an expert and tells him where he should have put it. Any penalty can be saved.

Nonsense. No keeper would have saved Trippier's.

There have been many top corner penalty saves, if a keeper dives to the top corner it has to be extremely hard AND accurate to evade their reach.

Tim Howard used to dive to the top corners with success.

Really? Think you are making that one up. Cant think of one. So a few examples then? And a keeper never dives to the top corner.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
oldage":yeh23d0i said:
Nearly lost it cause of Henderson.Just knew he would miss as soon as he started keepy uppy on the way to take his penalty.What a prat.

And then the stupid stutter penalty, where if he does that he loses all his momentum. :doh:

Ham Green":yeh23d0i said:
Save by Pickford near the end of normal time though. Overshadowed by the goal.

Amazing really. All summer we've worried about their lack of experience. Trippier's got some bottle. Fantastic.

Was actually a BAD save because he should have left it, and then the next moment they score.

Jan 30, 2016
Well I do worry looking forward to the Sweden match. We have only scored one goal in four matches from open play. All the other goals have been from set pieces, corners or penalties. If Sweden keep their discipline and give away very little we will need our forwards to step up. I think it is time to bring in Rashford instead of Sterling. I think we can overturn our poor history in matches against Sweden but it will be tight.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Biggs":ccbmv8iu said:
Well I for one am shocked that certain posters are completely unable to enjoy England’s first ever World Cup penalty shoot out win.

At least we know this weird urge to focus on the negatives from everything, doesn’t just apply to Argyle.

Henderson missed. Who cares??

Bizarre.

:iagree:

Spot on (excuse the pun) Biggs. Incredible innit?

Sep 6, 2006
Lousy_Pint":2ex0l36q said:
Biggs":2ex0l36q said:
Well I for one am shocked that certain posters are completely unable to enjoy England’s first ever World Cup penalty shoot out win.

At least we know this weird urge to focus on the negatives from everything, doesn’t just apply to Argyle.

Bizarre.

IS it so hard to see that people can enjoy the outcome but voice reservations over the performance? Is that so incredible? Or because we scraped through then everything is perfect is it?

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Balham_Green":iao5p4vj said:
Lousy_Pint":iao5p4vj said:
Biggs":iao5p4vj said:

Bizarre.

IS it so hard to see that people can enjoy the outcome but voice reservations over the performance? Is that so incredible? Or because we scraped through then everything is perfect is it?

Yes actually, it IS. We all know not everything about the performance was perfect, when is it ever? But, come on man, enjoy where we are at the moment, or is that so mindnumbingly difficult in BG World?

Sep 6, 2006
Lousy_Pint":17bcezli said:
Balham_Green":17bcezli said:
Lousy_Pint":17bcezli said:
Biggs":17bcezli said:

Bizarre.

Yes actually, it IS. We all know not everything about the performance was perfect, when is it ever? But, come on man, enjoy where we are at the moment, or is that so mindnumbingly difficult in BG World?

Well if it's so difficult for you to understand that simple concept I give up. This is a discussion forum not a cheer leading forum. It's not impossible to enjoy and analyse.

Jun 4, 2016
r4h4al":hlo6ny6h said:
oldage":hlo6ny6h said:

And then the stupid stutter penalty, where if he does that he loses all his momentum. :doh:

Ham Green":hlo6ny6h said:

Amazing really. All summer we've worried about their lack of experience. Trippier's got some bottle. Fantastic.

Was actually a BAD save because he should have left it, and then the next moment they score.

It was going in all day long. Best save ive seen for years

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Pilgrim78":uvav8fnr said:
r4h4al":uvav8fnr said:
oldage":uvav8fnr said:

Ham Green":uvav8fnr said:

I think r4h4al's point was that, if he let it in, they wouldn't have scored from the corner. Which is true!! :lol:

Jun 4, 2016
Pogleswoody":30cau97e said:
Pilgrim78":30cau97e said:
r4h4al":30cau97e said:
oldage":30cau97e said:

Ham Green":30cau97e said:

I think r4h4al's point was that, if he let it in, they wouldn't have scored from the corner. Which is true!! :lol:

Yes I guess it is. Still much better to concede the goal we did rather than them equalising with a scorching 35 harder tho!!

Jun 4, 2016
r4h4al":2x6h3iel said:
The point was it was going wide so he should have just pulled his hand away, and then the game finishes 1-0!

Nah it was defo going top corner! If bloody itv weren't so lame and out of touch with their audience we would know for sure....