England V Denmark | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England V Denmark

May 22, 2006
demportdave":p6zh1cy3 said:
A lucky win but luck plays a big part in sport so I'm glad it went our way.

Makes up for Bloemfontein and a whole bunch of other things. It always evens itself out eventually.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Denmark fouled all through the game, pushing, pulling shirts, in the end it was one foul too many.

Walker was my man of the match. Southgate was brave to take off Grealish but it worked.
What a game we have on Sunday and more torture. :)

Only ITV could miss that Denmark were down to 10 men and post match questions to Sterling and Southgate were so negative, trying to trip them up.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Ham Green":1nqygwbw said:
demportdave":1nqygwbw said:

Makes up for Bloemfontein and a whole bunch of other things. It always evens itself out eventually.
With respect, that often quoted cliché is rubbish.

In sport, the best teams and the best players get the most luck, it's part of the reason they are the best.

Surely you have seen enough relegation seasons with Argyle to know that. Almost every week was a hard luck story of one kind or another, often featuring an allegedly bad Referee.

On the other hand, we have had promotion seasons when almost everything has gone our way and the issue of bad Referees is actually a non-issue.

Oct 31, 2015
Just wow. I have said for years I will never see England in a final.

Speechless.

And that wasn't luck we were the best team for a large chunk of that game and Casper was MoM. Says it all really

:scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Sterling, who many thought shouldn’t have been picked for the tournament, has been our outstanding player throughout.

Jul 24, 2012
rsp4":2ly1aox2 said:
Just wow. I have said for years I will never see England in a final.

Speechless.

And that wasn't luck we were the best team for a large chunk of that game and Casper was MoM. Says it all really

:scarf:

I’m just glad my old man is going to be able to see another final :)

Roll on Sunday

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
This “England were lucky” agenda is hilarious. More efforts than Denmark, more on target, more possession. Denmark also should have had several more yellows. A soft penalty? Perhaps but there was some contact. We are deserving finalists

Mar 14, 2009
Does anyone think the criticism of Pickford, for their goal, is a bit harsh. He got the ball, with pace, above Kane’s head and then whipped it just below the cross bar. Was a fantastic goal.

I thought the penalty was harsh, in the sense that if it was against us l would of been disappointed. Yet l go back to all the other harsh decisions we have endured so it’s nice to get one. Plus l thought the Danish after 60 mins just ran out of steam. Couldn’t believe Kane missed but all the stars were aligned tonight as the rebound was just far enough away from Schmeichel to tuck home the rebound.

Unbelievable to actually say England have got to a final in my life time. Amazing. Didn’t think ld ever see it. However, It mentally wears you down watching England.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":2w1458dv said:
This “England were lucky” agenda is hilarious. More efforts than Denmark, more on target, more possession. Denmark also should have had several more yellows. A soft penalty? Perhaps but there was some contact. We are deserving finalists

Exactly Cobi. Demportdave has the luc ky bit wrong. Should have had a pen in 2nd half for foul on Kane. Not sure it was free kick for their goal either.
Anyway if you spend so much time in your penalty area as Denmark did from 70th min on something often gives.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":26xbux9o said:
Denmark fouled all through the game, pushing, pulling shirts, in the end it was one foul too many.

Walker was my man of the match. Southgate was brave to take off Grealish but it worked.
What a game we have on Sunday and more torture. :)

Only ITV could miss that Denmark were down to 10 men and post match questions to Sterling and Southgate were so negative, trying to trip them up.

Bit sad but I also watched the highlights on BBC. They didn't even mention the 10 men. Just made a big deal of England keeping possession.

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Just saw this……..what a pig.
Kevin Maguire
@Kevin_Maguire
CCTV everywhere so the idiot who shone a laser pen at Casper Schmeichel during the penalty should be pictured, identified, prosecuted, jailed, shamed and banned from football for life. Dangerous idiot #Euro2020
8:10 AM · Jul 8, 2021

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Whatever happens now, this tournament can be deemed a success. Southgate has proven so many doubters (myself included) wrong. All of the concerns raised before and during the tournament are being ticked off, one by one.

Last 16 - proving that we can beat an established "big" team.

QF - proving that we can put a game completely to bed when we're dominating (only 4 times since 2004 have we won a major final match by more than 1 goal - 3 of them under Southgate, the other being a 2-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago).

SF - proving that we can win from behind and react positively to going a goal down.

Whatever happens on Sunday now, this team has done brilliant brilliant things. And when you look at how young a lot of them still are, the future looks bright. Bring it on.

Sep 13, 2003
greeneagle":2gnx53d4 said:
Just saw this……..what a pig.
Kevin Maguire
@Kevin_Maguire
CCTV everywhere so the idiot who shone a laser pen at Casper Schmeichel during the penalty should be pictured, identified, prosecuted, jailed, shamed and banned from football for life. Dangerous idiot #Euro2020
8:10 AM · Jul 8, 2021

I noticed that in the 2nd half Green Eagle, came from the south stand somewhere, surprised the referee didn't stop the game (although the ref didn't have a great game). I don't think Schmeichel even noticed though. Those idiots shine those pens on planes coming into Heathrow and even the police helicopter and people do get prosecuted so hopefully they find the idiot.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
demportdave":205lx1r5 said:

Gary Neville gone up big time in my eyes for his very obvious implied criticism of Boris Johnson with regard to his poor leadership and constant dishonesty compared to the England Manager.

Lucky?? :crazy: