England and Argyle . Twins ..... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England and Argyle . Twins .....

Jun 27, 2019
I’d agree with you if we were actually winning trophies, but the problem is the same negativity seeps in even when it matters. We should have beaten a very average Italy team in the Euro’s final, but Southgate went for caution instead of going for the kill.
Southgate hasn't been tactically good enough in the big moments but that had nothing to do with tonight. The players didn't give a stuff.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Trouble is all the championship managers that watched tonight’s game, now have a heads up of our tactics for the remainder of our season.

Nov 25, 2011
Must admit I was bored as hell again. With that crop of players, we should be smashing teams.
But look at how previous generations of excellent players have been stifled by England managers: Currie, Hudson, Bowles, Le Tissier, Beckham, Charlie George. They get slotted into some rigid formation that rarely changes and are expected to just confirm when what those creative players need is some freedom to go and express themselves. Foden is wasted out wide, for example, in the current team. At club level his manager has the guts to encourage players to go out and express themselves.

Sep 13, 2003
I’d agree with you if we were actually winning trophies, but the problem is the same negativity seeps in even when it matters. We should have beaten a very average Italy team in the Euro’s final, but Southgate went for caution instead of going for the kill.
Standby, Mr scout is back again.
Why are you talking about something that happened a few years ago

Reactions: KJC and Daz

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
It's a March international, all England's players cared about was avoiding injury and being fit for their club run-ins. Brazil didn't exactly pull up any trees either - Paqueta and Vini both played well within themselves. The only player who bust a guy was the young kid whose currently playing pre-season in Brazil.

Still, it's an easy stick to beat our manager with.
Yes... because he and the England way of playing is frankly boring and crap.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
It's amazing how Englands failure to win a trophy since 66 is always down to useless Managers despite so many golden eras of players. I don't think this current crop is head and shoulders above what we have had in the past and defensively we have been under par for a few years especially at CBs. 77-82 English teams dominated Europe with mainly British players 82 was a great squad of proven winners at club level, 78, 90 all great teams from past times and 74 now that was a proper under achievement. Even compared with more recent squads bar Kane I don't see any current players so much better than Rooney, Becks. Frank, Stevie G, Shearer, Sheringham, Terry, Rio etc. Bellingham looks a bit special, Kyle Walker is class and we had a few missing but IMHO a few are way over hyped, very few of the current crop are their clubs super stars. We have had better progress at tournaments under Southgate than I can remember under any manager in my lifetime and he was a dapper dresser, bring back the waistcoat, for me he has progressed us and done well rather than destroyed a 'special' era of talent.

Aug 4, 2011
Pretty much given up watching England over the past few years under Southgate as it is the same, safe as houses, risk averse and frankly dull to watch football every time.
I distinctly remember commenting around a year ago that at least I had argyle to deliver some attacking and exciting football and yet here we are. I even remember saying how I wondered what an England team under Schumacher would look like with all the attacking flair available.

A year or so on, England still play the same sideways, conservative, brain numbing football and Argyle have sadly gone the same way. The major difference being Argyle don’t pose a set piece threat which was the only way England were going to score last night.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
England friendlies have improved in recent years but they still are a tepid offering.
Whilst Southgate persists with Harry Maguire England will always gift the opposition chances.
Southgate is viewed by some as a successful manager but I feel with player resources he has had, he has squandered golden opportunities to win trophies in the last three major tournament final stages.

Sep 6, 2006
England friendlies have improved in recent years but they still are a tepid offering.
Whilst Southgate persists with Harry Maguire England will always gift the opposition chances.
Southgate is viewed by some as a successful manager but I feel with player resources he has had, he has squandered golden opportunities to win trophies in the last three major tournament final stages.
Bit of a contradiction. You say England should be winning trophies then slag off the centre half.

Jul 12, 2016
Formed from the Southgate and foster love in. "nights of passion" and "some really good performances " Congratulations guys but I'm not coming to the wedding !
And Southgate was rumoured to be top of Man Utd wishlist as manager. Wonder if their fans would stop supporting the club if he was in charge?

Last edited: