England and Argyle . Twins ..... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England and Argyle . Twins .....

nikkk

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 8, 2011
Formed from the Southgate and foster love in. "nights of passion" and "some really good performances " Congratulations guys but I'm not coming to the wedding !

Last edited:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I still hope Ian Foster comes good but this is actually a part of the reason as to why I questioned his credentials when he was appointed, most people seemed to be waxing lyrical about how heā€™d been involved with the England set up, why should we automatically assume thatā€™s a good thing? Watching England tends to send me to sleep. And it isnā€™t just Foster. Millwall appointed Joe Edwards directly from the England set up, heā€™s already been shown the door. Iā€™m just not sure the set up at St Georgeā€™s Park is quite as ā€œeliteā€ as itā€™s made out to be, whatever ā€œeliteā€ actually means.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I still hope Ian Foster comes good but this is actually a part of the reason as to why I questioned his credentials when he was appointed, most people seemed to be waxing lyrical about how heā€™d been involved with the England set up, why should we automatically assume thatā€™s a good thing? Watching England tends to send me to sleep. And it isnā€™t just Foster. Millwall appointed Joe Edwards directly from the England set up, heā€™s already been shown the door. Iā€™m just not sure the set up at St Georgeā€™s Park is quite as ā€œeliteā€ as itā€™s made out to be, whatever ā€œeliteā€ actually means.
I wouldn't say that's a fair comparison. Edwards was only in the England set up for a few months.

Cobi Budge

Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I wouldn't say that's a fair comparison. Edwards was only in the England set up for a few months.

Fair enough but I think the point still stands. Iā€™m just not sure that managing an England youth team part time qualifies someone to suddenly jump into managing in the Championship.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is Gareth Southgateā€™s assistant - he wouldnā€™t get a job in the Championship.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
It was a much weakened Brazil side as well. One of their centre backs tonight isnā€™t valued much more than Mumba or Whittaker according to Flashscores yet in the 2nd half England didnā€™t test him at all.

Reactions: Deacster and nikkk

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
So boring and so risk averse. But at least international teams have an excuse, as you canā€™t mould together a telepathic attacking unit when you only have the players every few months. That doesnā€™t apply in club football, it does seem a very different skill set.

I only realised Phil Foden was on the pitch in the 90th minute or soā€¦ :oops:

Jun 27, 2019
It's a March international, all England's players cared about was avoiding injury and being fit for their club run-ins. Brazil didn't exactly pull up any trees either - Paqueta and Vini both played well within themselves. The only player who bust a guy was the young kid whose currently playing pre-season in Brazil.

Still, it's an easy stick to beat our manager with.

Cobi Budge

Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It's a March international, all England's players cared about was avoiding injury and being fit for their club run-ins. Brazil didn't exactly pull up any trees either - Paqueta and Vini both played well within themselves. The only player who bust a guy was the young kid whose currently playing pre-season in Brazil.

Still, it's an easy stick to beat our manager with.

Iā€™d agree with you if we were actually winning trophies, but the problem is the same negativity seeps in even when it matters. We should have beaten a very average Italy team in the Euroā€™s final, but Southgate went for caution instead of going for the kill.

smudja

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Another yawn fest.. at Wembley and on here!

There are electrons with more positivity!