Emperor's New Clothes | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Emperor's New Clothes

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Pilgrim61":lkkzxmdp said:
I see Falmouth based Bruce Rioch was only saying a few months ago that he would relish the chance to get involved with a league club.

Surely someone with his vast experience has something to offer?

Wouldn't be any harm in that!

Dec 2, 2010
After tonight's result every out of work manager in the country must be dusting down their cv.

Aug 28, 2012
Pilgrim61":cj1qplmu said:
After tonight's result every out of work manager in the country must be dusting down their cv.

and there lies the problem ......they are out of work for a reason.

Aug 28, 2012
Greenblooded1":3evhsp86 said:
Saracen10":3evhsp86 said:
Pilgrim61":3evhsp86 said:

So you wouldn't welcome Harry Rednapp?

Not sure he's dusting down his CV for the Argyle job .........nor Pep Guardiola GB1 :greensmile:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Saracen10":2n2lhtbf said:
Greenblooded1":2n2lhtbf said:
Saracen10":2n2lhtbf said:
Pilgrim61":2n2lhtbf said:

Not sure he's dusting down his CV for the Argyle job .........nor Pep Guardiola GB1 :greensmile:

Aha, a sidestep! Prey tell, why those esteemed managers "are out of work for a reason"... :whistle:

Aug 28, 2012
Greenblooded1":3w1pvrn2 said:
Saracen10":3w1pvrn2 said:
Greenblooded1":3w1pvrn2 said:
Saracen10":3w1pvrn2 said:
Pilgrim61":3w1pvrn2 said:

Aha, a sidestep! Prey tell, why those esteemed managers "are out of work for a reason"... :whistle:

A fine side-step......hence my username GB1 !! My comment was aimed at those managers currently on the merry go round that we would have a cat in hells chance of appointing .............but then I think you knew that :greensmile:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Saracen10":3uby7wy1 said:
Greenblooded1":3uby7wy1 said:
Greenblooded1":3uby7wy1 said:
Pilgrim61":3uby7wy1 said:

A fine side-step......hence my username GB1 !! My comment was aimed at those managers currently on the merry go round that we would have a cat in hells chance of appointing .............but then I think you knew that :greensmile:

:) I'm not saying it will be easy, but I wouldn't write off our chances of getting someone good. We had Pulis & Hollowords recently for example, or Warnock, so we know it can be done.

In the past we've attracted decent managers too: Malcolm Allison, Lennie Lawrence, Tony Waiters & Bobby Moncur for example, so I think being manager of PAFC not considered such a bad thing in footballing circles.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
We were in the Championship when Pulis joined and a much better prospect. Without Pulis' tenure we'd never have had Holloway - all the hard work had been done. All the other names (Warnock excepted) we were in higher leagues and Warnock joined what was then a big club with loads of money - anyway it could be argued that his greateast career moments have been after MacAuley sacked him from Home Park.

Dec 2, 2010
There are also plenty of others in work who would be interested. My statement was a metaphor for the likelihood that Fletch's reign, as is, is not sustainable. I would still be happy to see him remain but we need experience.

Look who's asst at Burton. I challenge anyone to name a professional English club with a less experienced coaching/managerial team.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
Neilio":1ge25ts7 said:
Excepting Berry, the obvious lack of development/progress in players is an issue for me.

A manager is not only there to manage but to also lead, develop, enhance, progress, influence and inspire others. Fletcher, in my opinion, does none of those things.

I disagree - the improvement in Hourihane has been considerable.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
Flagman":3co2yo5j said:
Lots of jerking knees all over the place at the moment.

Everyone is justifiably upset that we lost to a non league club (second year running). Salt rubbed in wounds with an Ex-Argyle and current scum Player scoring the winner.

The team on the pitch today was 5 players short of the team that played the week before. Loans and injuries affected the team. Players had to come in and do a job, sadly they didn't, part of that could be the fact that they don't play together (in combat situations) enough.

The substitutions haven't helped either, they just didn't work. But as even the commentators pointed out, CF is 32, very inexperienced. Sturrock even said that you learn more from a defeat, I suspect CF will do so. I expect a response. We have two very, very tough games coming up and it will be interesting to see how the Argyle aquit themselves.

Decisions on any possible change to the manager should happen at the end of the season, if at all. IMHO.

Well said that man