Emperor's New Clothes | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Emperor's New Clothes

Mar 23, 2008
ejh":odot17vv said:
Flagman":odot17vv said:
Lots of jerking knees all over the place at the moment.

Everyone is justifiably upset that we lost to a non league club (second year running). Salt rubbed in wounds with an Ex-Argyle and current scum Player scoring the winner.

The team on the pitch today was 5 players short of the team that played the week before. Loans and injuries affected the team. Players had to come in and do a job, sadly they didn't, part of that could be the fact that they don't play together (in combat situations) enough.

The substitutions haven't helped either, they just didn't work. But as even the commentators pointed out, CF is 32, very inexperienced. Sturrock even said that you learn more from a defeat, I suspect CF will do so. I expect a response. We have two very, very tough games coming up and it will be interesting to see how the Argyle aquit themselves.

Decisions on any possible change to the manager should happen at the end of the season, if at all. IMHO.

I'm one of Fletcher's disciples, but you are defending something which is indefensible. A few players out, boo hoo. I was all for playing Richards and Lennox and Lecointe, yet Fletch went with his strongest team available. At the end of the day, none of the Argyle players work at Royal Mail to make ends meet, so that should end the sympathy for Fletch and the team. We got humbled in spirit, attitude and desire and everyone needs to reflect on that.
I think that's a good point, if Dorchester were up for it and we were not, who's fault is that? Players or manager?

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Firstly I dont know if Fletcher should go or stay. I have no idea of the plans, hopes or ambitions of Brent with regards to PAFC but the impression I get is that someone who attends the amount of games that he does must have a genuine interest, there can be no other reason. The development side of the equation was a given whoever saved us from extinction, so the small minded minority who want Brent to pump money into the club while at the same time resenting the fact that he has money should put their crayons away and join the real world. Change the manager? well it certainly works, I mean just look at Liverpool and QPR, Hodgson, Dalgleish, Rodgers and Hughes respectively. Is their an easy solution? I have no idea as I am only an ordinary supporter who has no experience of owning or running or managing a professional football club. I will continue to turn up and continue to hope, remember the good days and hope that they return, as a supporter that is all I can do.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Conspiracy theory No1:
If the fans attending games fall below 5,000, it would make the cost of redeveloping the Moanflower a lot cheaper, we'd only need 12,000 capacity. Run the club down, redevelop the site at minimal cost, build a nice little earner, do a runner.

Jul 25, 2011
Greenblooded1":p4kiur12 said:
Conspiracy theory No1:
If the fans attending games fall below 5,000, it would make the cost of redeveloping the Moanflower a lot cheaper, we'd only need 12,000 capacity. Run the club down, redevelop the site at minimal cost, build a nice little earner, do a runner.
doesn't it take more then one person theorising to make it a 'conspiracy' thought :D

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Excepting Berry, the obvious lack of development/progress in players is an issue for me.

A manager is not only there to manage but to also lead, develop, enhance, progress, influence and inspire others. Fletcher, in my opinion, does none of those things.

Dec 2, 2010
Back to the tenet of my op.
We lack a person who has EXPERIENCE of running a football club,so why not bring someone in who can do that and act as a football support to Fletch? After all, most of the other Directors have more than one role, so why not someone like Colin Lee?

Leadership is about 2 things: Strategy (what we are going to do) and Influence (getting others to deliver it). Someone needs to be setting this for Fletch...it Is not his role. And 3 general objs isn't enough from people who don't know the business. We need improvement all over the pitch and the squad.

C'mon Mr Brent, if you can progress plans on possible redundancies as part off the streamlining plan for the club....let's get the whole thing sorted. It surely it is not that difficult to look at the other 91 professional clubs in England, see what they do, what makes the successful ones successful on and off the field, and get on and copy / adjust it to make it work at Argyle!

Mar 18, 2006
Greenblooded1":377hh76x said:
Conspiracy theory No1:

A crowd of less than 5,000 is highly likely tomorrow evening.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Johndelve":1rd3t1do said:
Greenblooded1":1rd3t1do said:
Conspiracy theory No1:

A crowd of less than 5,000 is highly likely tomorrow evening.

And until Brent invests in either a stronger squad and/or a new manager it always will be. Bound for the Conference with a management team that hasn't a clue what they're doing!

Flagman

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 16, 2003
Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland
Mark Pedlar":1818z0ka said:
Flagman":1818z0ka said:

Everyone is justifiably upset that we lost to a non league club (second year running). Salt rubbed in wounds with an Ex-Argyle and current scum Player scoring the winner.

The team on the pitch today was 5 players short of the team that played the week before. Loans and injuries affected the team. Players had to come in and do a job, sadly they didn't, part of that could be the fact that they don't play together (in combat situations) enough.

The substitutions haven't helped either, they just didn't work. But as even the commentators pointed out, CF is 32, very inexperienced. Sturrock even said that you learn more from a defeat, I suspect CF will do so. I expect a response. We have two very, very tough games coming up and it will be interesting to see how the Argyle aquit themselves.

Decisions on any possible change to the manager should happen at the end of the season, if at all. IMHO.

:facepalm:

Come on Mark, football is all about opinions.

I agree that we should have done better. I also believe lessons will have been learnt. Can't have an issue with that. Opps, forgot, this IS P@SOTI ;)

Dec 2, 2010
Flagman":g0ijvfwk said:
Mark Pedlar":g0ijvfwk said:
Flagman":g0ijvfwk said:

:facepalm:

Come on Mark, football is all about opinions.

I agree that we should have done better. I also believe lessons will have been learnt. Can't have an issue with that. Opps, forgot, this IS P@SOTI ;)

The fact is we have improved the squad from the early part of last season....although It still needs a lot of work. What we haven't done though is improved the coaching team....in fact it has been reduced, because the mentor is not there. 3 coaches with about 3 years between them...yes, there's merit in youth, but even Karl Robinson has Mick Harford to assist him.

The trouble is a reputation comes from what you've done, not what you're going to do. I support Fletch but a lot of tactics, set plays and substitutions are naive....we need a voice of experience.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
No-one said an opinion wasn't allowed. I just showed my opinion of yours!!

Mar 23, 2008
Interesting point about Karl Robinson, he had John Gorman as an assistant initially. Lee Clark has Terry McDermott and Derek Ferzackerley for experience. That I believe is where we are lacking some nous and know how.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Deacster":uthuak80 said:
Interesting point about Karl Robinson, he had John Gorman as an assistant initially. Lee Clark has Terry McDermott and Derek Ferzackerley for experience. That I believe is where we are lacking some nous and know how.

Something many many people have commented upon.Its frustrating when something is clearly missing but is not addressed.

Aug 28, 2012
Womble":30uz00fz said:
Deacster":30uz00fz said:

Something many many people have commented upon.Its frustrating when something is clearly missing but is not addressed.

add to that Dougie Freedman taking Lennie Lawrence with him to Bolton.

Dec 2, 2010
I see Falmouth based Bruce Rioch was only saying a few months ago that he would relish the chance to get involved with a league club.

Surely someone with his vast experience has something to offer?