Dutch training camp cancelled (is now Spain instead) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dutch training camp cancelled (is now Spain instead)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I hope 'unforeseen circumstances' is the truth.
If RL doesn't like the idea then I'd prefer any announcement to state that.
They wouldn't invent 'unforeseen circumstances' to avoid financial commitments to people who have already worked (and spent) on this trip, would they? :oops: :think:

Heracles FC won't be missed: Bunch of cloggers anyway! :coat:
(Though they may have been able to help RL clean out the Argylean stables!)

Aug 10, 2006
what a shambles again this pre season is, was it January adams said argyle were hoping to sort out 2 home friendlies so what's happened, surely someone at the club should have sorted this after adams was sacked now lowe is running around trying to sort out games bloody embarrassing.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Hope the fans who have already spent out get recompensed but otherwise, if Lowe wants to do something else, I don't have a problem with that. He must be allowed to do what he thinks is best to prepare the squad for the new season.

The Dutch training camp was very much an Adams thing, but a fat lot of good it did us based on the shocking start we made for 2 seasons running. Might as well as stayed home and used Cottage field.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Pogleswoody":e52ro123 said:
I hope 'unforeseen circumstances' is the truth.
If RL doesn't like the idea then I'd prefer any announcement to state that.

I suspect the unforseen circumstances are that we don't actually have any players to take on a pre season tour. We're still going to be bringing players in right up til the first game of the season, and probably still be afterwards too.

Still, I think we'll be better off than waiting until December before we start the season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I see Swindon Town have arranged a pre-season game against Manchester United under-23 team on 23 July which is the Tuesday between our two free Saturday's, so I wonder if we could arrange a game against the under-23 team or given Lowe's link to Klopp maybe even the Liverpool under-23 team?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I saw on twitter that Parkway have more than double the preseason games we have, including playing Cardiff at home.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I can't believe that we didn't sort out these friendlies months and months ago. I know one was in Holland, but not having one already sorted for HP?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
monkeywrench":18dooo41 said:
I can't believe that we didn't sort out these friendlies months and months ago. I know one was in Holland, but not having one already sorted for HP?

Again, I wouldn’t be surprised if things are all but planned and/or agreed but just not announced yet because of minor details.