Don't really care now | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Don't really care now

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i care about the club but i no longer feel the pain of defeat.i am delighted when we are away as i don't have to suffer watching argyle get beat,i am ecstatic when a match is postponed for the same reason.i expect to lose and i expect the the same post match drivel from mr fletcher.he,romain and nance are nowhere near league standard.these three must go now mr brent!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Not even disappointed or gutted tonight. Just don't really care. We lost, again. Know the feeling, used to it.

More disappointed by the quality of the spork I was forced to eat my pie with! Not good enough.

Aug 13, 2011
I have to agree, the crowds are going to reduce drammatically now because already it's apparent we are going to be adrift in the pack hoping to escape the drop out of the league. The home match with Gillingham will reinforce this worry!

In fairness, not bringing in quailty in the close season meant this was always going to happen! Not disturbing the lining around the so-called competitive budget was a massive mistake. CFs lack of spending appeals to JB, that's the botom line!

Anyway, I'm not going in freezing conditions to watch the 'surrenderers' concede games as easily as that any more. I am not going expecting to lose any more. I will go when they make managerial changes and spend some money on quality players. For all their honest endeavours this squad simply hasn't got what it takes. Not as individuals, not as a team.

The tell tale sign for me is how they cannot sustain a good run but all too readily slump back in to a run of dross results/performances . It happens so much like clockwork you cannot truly take or appreciate any advancement out of it, so the only conclusion for me is; things need a big shake up! Heads must roll. PAFC fans deserve better!

Oct 31, 2010
Weston-Super-Mare
I've been supportive of Fletcher but have totally lost it now. Fed up. Lack of desire, and fail to see where this "passing football" is on show. Large majority of the game, particularly the first half, was hoof ball. Tactics from Fletcher I find baffling. For the first time in ages I have no desire to watch argyle on Saturday, although I will as I have paid for it. I feel sorry for Fletcher, but its a result business and its time for Brent to go on further from being our club saviour to being our league status saviour and get an experienced manager in. I still don't believe we are relegation contenders this year but we are certainly not mid table contenders and so it leaves another depressing season ahead. All I wanted at the beginning of this season was a season not worried about relegation, a season where we could enjoy the football on show and enjoy our club once more. At the moment i'm struggling and hoping for it to change sooner rather than later. Nevertheless, always believe even if its harder than expected.

Nov 8, 2010
The Left-Hand Side
Tugboat":1pbgkow7 said:
Cheers argyle. You've drained the passion out of me.

At the final whistle tonight, there wasn't even an outpouring of righteous anger. We came, we watched our side lose again, and went home. We've already done disappointment, anger and humiliation, now we're reduced to nothing more than an utterly joyless routine.

Aug 13, 2011
Pasty Duchy":2ykksajm said:
Tugboat":2ykksajm said:
Cheers argyle. You've drained the passion out of me.

At the final whistle tonight, there wasn't even an outpouring of righteous anger. We came, we watched our side lose again, and went home. We've already done disappointment, anger and humiliation, now we're reduced to nothing more than an utterly joyless routine.

Succinctly put and regrettably accurate.

Feb 21, 2011
briangreen":2l79flua said:
This team needs a complete overall, that's for sure.
Can't believe Cole, thought he was one player we could rely on, but this constant punching when he should be catching is now losing us games.
His inability to command his area had lost us games for 2 seasons, the odd worldly save had just papered the cracks.

R

rich

Sick of it, something has to change, I'm not watching dross like this anymore... :furious:

Jul 29, 2010
I too have finally given up. I'm voting with my £20 on Saturday by not giving it to the club. I have followed Argyle through thick and thin since 1969 and as the title says "I don't really care now". I watched the Dorchester match on ESPN with a Watford season ticket holder who just happened to be with me at Torquay (away) last season. He thinks that I am completely mad for putting up with the awful football the team are producing at the moment and he cannot believe the fantastic support we get in the circumstances.
The only highlights for me tonight..... Feeneys pass to PCH for the goal , the goal and no queue for the half time snacks. Well, smaller crowds do have their good points I guess.
Fletcher out and soon!!!

Sep 28, 2011
I didn't go,im not proud of it.I didn't listen on the radio either- I checked the score on my sky app at half ten,
I have no energy when argyles concerned anymore,hopefully it'll change one day.
I saw the score and i
Laughed and laughed and laughed.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
BadBoy":33v6yx9e said:
briangreen":33v6yx9e said:
This team needs a complete overall, that's for sure.
Can't believe Cole, thought he was one player we could rely on, but this constant punching when he should be catching is now losing us games.
His inability to command his area had lost us games for 2 seasons, the odd worldly save had just papered the cracks.
It's not just the odd wordly save, his shot stopping on the whole is fantastic, as is his kicking.

However, I agree that his command of area is poor on the whole. The big question we have to ask is this: would dropping Cole save us more points via having a keeper with a better command than a keeper whose shot stopping is weaker and whose kicking is less accurate? On the evidence of Gilmartin on Sunday, I'm on the fence. I'd start Gilmartin on Saturday though. Cole cost us the game against Cheltenham and apparently Burton.

C

Cult Of Personality

I am going England Fiji on Saturday instead

I would never dream of missing a home game a few seasons ago to go to watch Rugby but now if i get the offer to do something else i am taking it up

And i am season ticket holder i have paid for my home games

I have to work full weekends 5 days in a row to watch Argyle when they are home the week before and then i go to Argyle and make it seem like i am wasting my time and could have a easier life in work and at home with out it

15 years of support and its slowing starting to die out for me

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
I expected us to lose tonight and that's not the first time I've thought that in the last three years. This coming from an eternal optimist.

The fact that we threw away another lead at home in another damp squib of a contest, against a very poor team, and conceded a winner just sums up our season. How many times have we conceded from a set-play? I've lost count. Either we don't want to learn or we just can't. I'll support Argyle until the day I die, but that doesn't mean I will stand idly by and deem getting turned over by Burton bloody Albion as acceptable in any way, shape, or form.