Do the fans opinions count for anything ? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do the fans opinions count for anything ?

A

Anonymous

greengenes":1y543c8o said:
Remember " Run by fans for fans " .

You HAVE TO ENGAGE THE FANS .

Without the fan base we have nothing .

The lack of an apostrophe is troubling me here.

Every single fan. perhaps? Via a ten minute exit interview? After each game, win, lose or draw? (The responses tend to vary, dependent on the result...)

Or a collective "opinion" - or set of opinions?

If the latter - perhaps listen to those chaps over at ATD? They're "fans" (arguably), and they certainly have opinions.

Or perhaps those lovely folk at Senior Greens?

Where does the original poster think the official version of what he describes as "the fans opinions" resides?

Then there is the question of the fans' opinions on what.

Whether women should be allowed to become bishops?

Who the manager picks, and where he plays him?

I'm genuinely puzzled.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
crownhillpilgrim":2k7sdw38 said:
Oh God, not the weekly self-pity thread.
It is now :cool:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
greengenes":315s1whn said:
PL2 3DQ":315s1whn said:
greengenes":315s1whn said:

You're giving Mattym a run for his money. :)

No way Ian . Unless of course its not permissable on Pasoti to voice an opinion anymore . Too sanitised by far .

Don't believe the myth that Pasoti is sanitised because it isn't, I was light-heartedly pointing out that you've become a serial thread starter today, obviously the joke missed its target by about 100 miles. Nevermind, carry on. :thumbup:

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
greengenes":23zi36ya said:
The fans do not get what they deserve . No way .

Ignore him greengenes. The fqns comment wad obviouly the work if a troll, our support has been great this year.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":34kkdpmb said:
greengenes":34kkdpmb said:
PL2 3DQ":34kkdpmb said:
greengenes":34kkdpmb said:

You're giving Mattym a run for his money. :)

No way Ian . Unless of course its not permissable on Pasoti to voice an opinion anymore . Too sanitised by far .

Don't believe the myth that Pasoti is sanitised because it isn't, I was light-heartedly pointing out that you've become a serial thread starter today, obviously the joke missed its target by about 100 miles. Nevermind, carry on. :thumbup:

I washed my hands before typing this, too sanitised by far...

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Womble":2qtkyc83 said:
greengenes":2qtkyc83 said:
The fans do not get what they deserve . No way .

Ignore him greengenes. The fqns comment wad obviouly the work if a troll, our support has been great this year.

Really Womble? All I said was that the fans would get what they deserve. I made no reference to whether this was good or bad but let's look at the options!

People that have been slating Brent, that have been rousing others to boycott home matches, that don't attend at all but that could. Do they deserve a successful club in the future built wholly and solely on James Brent financial rescue.

Or,

Fans that turn up every game to add their support to the club, have done so throughout the last 5 years, that travel hundreds of miles each fortnight from all the corners of England to see a team they've grown up with inevitably lose but keep coming back. Do they deserve a successful club that they have had some positive contribution in building.

The fact that one line, that the fans will get the club they deserve can be read 2 ways. How telling that you took it as meaning you don't deserve anything.

Merry Christmas.

Dec 2, 2010
What rubbish.....I fall into both options. I have followed Argyle through thick, thin and thin. I have a season ticket and make a round trip of 600 miles for a home game.

I purposely stayed away from the York game as a protest.

How many games have you been to this season Ade? What sort of success does your support deserve better to mine?

The post is do the fans opinions count for anything.

Argyle posture and pretend on this. Throwing out titbits when they think to placate the masses, like the DoF appointment farce.

Argyle's success is not dependent on 5000 people who turn up come what may. It's about attracting the 5000 + floating fans who will only come when a club is doing well....and keeping them. It's the opinions of those guys who count ......and Argyle are doing nothing to engage them.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Pilgrim61":1yklf0ms said:
What rubbish.....I fall into both options. I have followed Argyle through thick, thin and thin. I have a season ticket and make a round trip of 600 miles for a home game.

How many games have you been to this season Ade? What sort of success does your support deserve better to mine?

Argyle posture and pretend on this. Throwing out titbits when they think to placate the masses, like the DoF appointment farce.

Argyle's success is not dependent on 5000 people who turn up come what may. It's about attracting the 5000 + floating fans who will only come when a club is doing well....and keeping them. It's the opinions of those guys who count ......and Argyle are doing nothing to engage them.

And once again, I made no reference to any individual, there are 2 types of 'fan' and yes some are more deserving than others in my opinion and probably in your opinion also. It's not for me to judge what others deserve, only what I believe I deserve from the club.

Dec 2, 2010
Ade the green":1e6sebjf said:
Pilgrim61":1e6sebjf said:

And once again, I made no reference to any individual, there are 2 types of 'fan' and yes some are more deserving than others in my opinion and probably in your opinion also. It's not for me to judge what others deserve, only what I believe I deserve from the club.

Are you a politician Ade. There are more than 2 types of fans as I say. By your argument the people who don't go to Argyle, ipso facto, deserve nothing. Perhaps they don't. But I know people who will only go to Argyle if they are doing reasonably well. Winning the odd home game in 4 or 5 will not get those people along, and Argyle's success depends on them....like it or not.

Yesterday Gillingham had 3000 more at their game than usual. Of course, It's because they're at the top. Successful sides draw the crowds in. Except for the odd game, Argyle are going to struggle to break 7000 until they are pressing for a play off place. You can deserve all the success you like....what you get is down to the club and the playing staff to deliver.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
So what about those that encourage others to boycott games?

This is the difference in getting what we want and what we deserve and best summed up by..

"Ask not what my country can do for me, ask what I can do for my country".

I don't believe James Brent was right if he promised the fans what they want. I WANT champions league football at Home Park. James cannot deliver that. I DESERVE league 1 or championship football at Home Park. That should be deliverable.

Nov 29, 2010
Here's an idea: make a substantial financial input into the club enabling you to join the board with all of the attendant financial risk, budget-balancing, forward planning, problem-solving, stressful, hard work that entails and then your opinion really will matter. In the meantime how about stopping the whining and get behind the club and the people who helped save it from extinction and are trying to get the club back on the long road to better times.

Dec 2, 2010
Ade the green":3ho18tp1 said:
So what about those that encourage others to boycott games?

This is the difference in getting what we want and what we deserve and best summed up by..

"Ask not what my country can do for me, ask what I can do for my country".

I don't believe James Brent was right if he promised the fans what they want. I WANT champions league football at Home Park. James cannot deliver that. I DESERVE league 1 or championship football at Home Park. That should be deliverable.

I assume your country is Greece from the above!

Brent said his aspiration, however, remains for the Pilgrims to become a sustainable Championship club as soon as possible.

Well, this year is a write off. Next season we will start again in Div 2. The only way the club will prosper is by results on the pitch. You can go to every game and spend all the dosh you want, but until 2-3000 more start coming through the gate regularly it ain't gonna happen.

So you' showing your unswerving and unequivocal support ain't gonna do diddly squat to change things.

And, I'm sorry, but you're wrong, I'm afraid it is a case of 'what my country can do for me'..because those floating fans are not coming whilst Argyle are 12 points off a play off place and it's not quite half a season gone. And many of those that do go regularly, like me, want to see some vision and action.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Well, we'll see on Boxing Day if we deserve better.

Even in bad times the Boxing Day gates have been swollen by people looking for something to do after the main event. With it being a derby as well!