Derek Adams new Morecambe manager | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams new Morecambe manager

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
This from the More-to-cambe forum:
Now Derek has been appointed as gaffer, I just hope the continuous back and forth chat about Jim will cease.
There is no point in saying ā€œJim wouldā€™ve done this insteadā€ or ā€œJim would never have done thatā€ or ā€œJim wasnā€™t like thisā€ etc etc etc.
We are all guilty of posting ā€˜not-so-wiseā€™ things, but now we need to just watch Jim from afar, wish him the best of luck, and not compare him to the new man in charge.

So, can we do the same re. Lowey and Dadams? Please? :think:

Aug 5, 2015
Itā€™s quite amazing the number of people who seem to have known from the outset that some players would be good and others not. Iā€™m sure they knew this before anyone kicked a ball in anger. I guess thatā€™s the difference between spending Ā£50 million on a player and spending nothing on a player. With one you know what youā€™re getting with the other itā€™s a question of past reputation and hoping for the best

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I moved it back.

A strong topic and a definite recent Argyle link.

:thumbup:

Feb 28, 2016
What do the locals of Morecambe do for entertainment? They go and watch the traffic lights change. Then they go the grocers to watch the bacon slicer.... sheā€™s a lovely girl!

Morecambe is like a cemetery with lights.

ā€œStockport with sea.ā€

I went Morecambe once.... it was closed! (All courtesy of Colin Compton)

Iā€™m sure Mr Personalty will love it and fit right in, Iā€™m sure he will love the nightlife there!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Midland Hotel is a art deco delight.

The sea front art is brilliant.

The tidal estuary is a delight as are the seabirds.

After that, I'm struggling a bit I must admit.

Mar 23, 2008
arrythewurzel":9nkc3epq said:
You don't become a bad manager overnight.

I've a feeling that workaholic Derek took his eye off the ball because his span of control became too big for him to cope with. My guess is that he delegated some recruitment decisions to others and they let him down ā€¦. and that was his downfall. How he managed to achieve anything with that defence having now seen them struggle in league 2 is remarkable in itself !

Carey's poor form and certain player attitudes got us relegated.

Anyone who bets against him being a success at Morecombe will lose their shirt.

The holiday has clearly done him some good, judging by the interview on the Morecombe website. Never comfortable with the media side of things - he looks younger and completely relaxed and at ease there.

I think that when Ryan Lowe fails (I don't want him to fail - but fear he will) I think DA's achievements (with half the financial backing) will finally be recognised. That will give me a warm glow as I've a lot of time for him.
Not sure one promotion and one relegated can be lauded as achievements. He did well here in spells and threatened at times to look like a really good manager but ultimately he took on a league 2 play off team and left us with a poor league 2 team.

Mar 23, 2008
Stuart House":2jwglnhu said:
I take it Wurzel and HC Green are sitting in the away end on the 14th December?

It's a long way to Morecambe every Saturday though chaps. Have you registered for their forum yet? Because you can do us all a favour and bugger off and annoy them.
:funny:

May 8, 2011
IJN":4tg6i8qr said:

Lancaster is quite an interesting town, David Norris plays for their football team.

Only an hour from Manchester and Liverpool and the Lake District.

For a football obsessive think of how many teams are within an hour, probably be a game on every night of the week somewhere.

Aug 5, 2016
arrythewurzel":82pfn8iq said:
You don't become a bad manager overnight.

I've a feeling that workaholic Derek took his eye off the ball because his span of control became too big for him to cope with. My guess is that he delegated some recruitment decisions to others and they let him down ā€¦. and that was his downfall. How he managed to achieve anything with that defence having now seen them struggle in league 2 is remarkable in itself !

Carey's poor form and certain player attitudes got us relegated.

Anyone who bets against him being a success at Morecombe will lose their shirt.

The holiday has clearly done him some good, judging by the interview on the Morecombe website. Never comfortable with the media side of things - he looks younger and completely relaxed and at ease there.

I think that when Ryan Lowe fails (I don't want him to fail - but fear he will) I think DA's achievements (with half the financial backing) will finally be recognised. That will give me a warm glow as I've a lot of time for him.

Well said. Some fans are just ignorant. They are literally happier being bottom half and losing 4-0 to Exeter as long as the manager says how great the fans are all the time. Argyle have had a few managers in League Two now and DA is the only one who has got us out of it. A fact worth remembering in between the bitterness.

Back on track, I thought Adams would have netted a bigger club than Morecambe. It is a shame to see him at such a small club and not somewhere with a bit of potential.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":3tkdqqkx said:

The stroll along Morecambe bay was very enjoyable last time we went.
I took the Junior general on the bananabus and we had a lovely walk whilst the rest of the lads sought refreshment.
The match was pants mind. But that's just Argyle sometimes. :cool:

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I'm appreciative of what he did at the club, and I think he put absolutely everything into it.
I don't think we could have asked more of him.

I wish him well, and I think he will do well at Morecambe.

Jul 12, 2004
I find the disparaging remarks about Morecambe quite remarkable and very ill informed. A bit like the grim northern .... chant. Every year this fixture or Fleetwood when we were in the other division is the first fixture I look for because the town is, to me, far more interesting than Plymouth.

To start with it has the most remarkable second hand bookshop - The Old Pier Bookshop (try googling it), the Festival market is as good if not better than Plymouth's market and, surprisingly, I have actually found it much easier to find something to do in an evening. last year I went to a Swing band at, I think the Junction, and previously I have seen a folk group. Contrast that to my recent visit to Plymouth when I stayed over from the Saturday to the Tuesday and found virtually nothing to do in the evenings although the days were good with visits to Buckland Abbey and Cotehele. Do you realise how quiet the Plymouth City Centre is in the evening compared to many other similar sized places.

I will definitely be at the away fixture.

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Stuart House":1kwio40n said:
I can't do links but someone just sent me Peter Hartleys twitter take on this.

If your twitter savvy and can find it is hilarious and very telling.

Hilarious? Umm, no.

Telling? Umm no.

A journeyman defender who now plays in the dizzy heights of Scotland should remember that it was Adams who probably gave him some of the best moments of his fairly average career...