Derek Adams new Morecambe manager | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams new Morecambe manager

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Derek Adam's statistical record - his percentage of wins, shows that he's a decent manager. However he got it badly wrong last season and was rightly dismissed by Argyle, unfortunately too late to prevent relegation. I expect he'll do a good job at Morecombe, but I believe Ryan Lowe will do a much better one for Argyle over the next season or two.

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":2cdf0up2 said:
HC Green":2cdf0up2 said:
Adams just likes a challenge, never did like an easy life, he says that about Argyle.
I assume Morecambe’s ownership model and its set up is to his liking or he would have turned it down like the other Clubs that have contacted him.
Wonder how many ex Argyle players currently free agents may end up there.

Ah right turned down a lot of bigger clubs did he? :lol:

Yes. The most recent being Orient.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
up_the_line":45ern8it said:
jespafc":45ern8it said:
up_the_line":45ern8it said:
Delighted he's got a job in our division
Purely because I'll be keeping everything crossed that we give them an absolute tonking
Nothing against Morecambe like

I hope they beat us...just to annoy you.

Aaaaand we've weeded out one of the 'supporters?' who actually support Derek Adams more than Plymouth Argyle.
I hear Morecambe calling your name. Go and be with him, go and be with him.

Nah, I just got sick of reading your anti Adams drivel, and this post reminded me of that. I will be keeping a close eye on Morecambe though this season as they're a decent club and Adams is a decent bloke.

Aug 5, 2015
It never ceases to amaze me how some people like to slag off an ex manager whilst some of the players of last season are given god like status. Yes Adams failed to react last season but in the final analysis it’s the players who got us relegated. Especially the capitulation at Accrington when they downed tools. Almost any other result would have given us a better chance of staying up. But no the players knew better and then having achieved relegation most of them effed off at the first opportunity.
Thank god the slate is now completely clean this year. Good luck Derek in yet another rural backwater

Mar 23, 2008
HC Green":1pevqy7a said:
Balham_Green":1pevqy7a said:
HC Green":1pevqy7a said:
Adams just likes a challenge, never did like an easy life, he says that about Argyle.
I assume Morecambe’s ownership model and its set up is to his liking or he would have turned it down like the other Clubs that have contacted him.

Hmmm, not sure you have that correct. It's not uncommon for someone who misses out on a job to report they've turned it down, doesn't make it so.

Sep 6, 2006
Deacster":179whkl8 said:
HC Green":179whkl8 said:
Balham_Green":179whkl8 said:
HC Green":179whkl8 said:

Hmmm, not sure you have that correct. It's not uncommon for someone who misses out on a job to report they've turned it down, doesn't make it so.

Indeed. Or perhaps the terms couldn't be agreed. Would make very little sense to turn down Orient then take up Morecambe. Or perhaps the bright lights and pace of life in London was too much for 'dull Derek'!
Morecambe fans need to be ready to have their intelligence insulted by ridiculous post match statements.

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":2eb682uu said:
Deacster":2eb682uu said:
HC Green":2eb682uu said:
Balham_Green":2eb682uu said:
HC Green":2eb682uu said:

Indeed. Or perhaps the terms couldn't be agreed. Would make very little sense to turn down Orient then take up Morecambe. Or perhaps the bright lights and pace of life in London was too much for 'dull Derek'!
Morecambe fans need to be ready to have their intelligence insulted by ridiculous post match statements.

Wrong on all of the above.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":scl5mpse said:
Balham_Green":scl5mpse said:
Deacster":scl5mpse said:
Balham_Green":scl5mpse said:

Wrong on all of the above.

Well, if you believe everything you are told.... Why would Orient want to employ a manager who just got relegated? Have you discussed the matter with Orient's Board Of Directors? They had a lucky escape anyway. Morecambe probably didnt have many options with the position they are in.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Good luck to him - hope he does well. Hope he gets a really good reception down here in December. Whatever you think of his tactics, post match comments blah, blah ....... there's no doubting he worked his nuts off and lived and breathed the club and everyone that met him privately reported what a decent bloke he was.... and there were some magical moments in his reign too.

Aug 11, 2013
You don't become a bad manager overnight.

I've a feeling that workaholic Derek took his eye off the ball because his span of control became too big for him to cope with. My guess is that he delegated some recruitment decisions to others and they let him down …. and that was his downfall. How he managed to achieve anything with that defence having now seen them struggle in league 2 is remarkable in itself !

Carey's poor form and certain player attitudes got us relegated.

Anyone who bets against him being a success at Morecombe will lose their shirt.

The holiday has clearly done him some good, judging by the interview on the Morecombe website. Never comfortable with the media side of things - he looks younger and completely relaxed and at ease there.

I think that when Ryan Lowe fails (I don't want him to fail - but fear he will) I think DA's achievements (with half the financial backing) will finally be recognised. That will give me a warm glow as I've a lot of time for him.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
arrythewurzel":17q8gctl said:

I've a feeling that workaholic Derek took his eye off the ball because his span of control became too big for him to cope with. My guess is that he delegated some recruitment decisions to others and they let him down …. and that was his downfall. How he managed to achieve anything with that defence having now seen them struggle in league 2 is remarkable in itself !

The holiday has clearly done him some good, judging by the interview on the Morecombe website. Never comfortable with the media side of things - he looks younger and completely relaxed and at ease there.

I think that when Ryan Lowe fails (I don't want him to fail - but fear he will) I think DA's achievements (with half the financial backing) will finally be recognised. That will give me a warm glow as I've a lot of time for him.
I wouldn't go that far - but his CV does still look decent even with the relegation on it. How many managers we seriously considered haven't got a blot on their record somewhere unless (like RL ) they haven't actually got much experience? He did an astonishing job at Ross, got us to a play-off final and then promoted and then just missed the L1 play-offs - then the relegation on goal difference only after a sudden collapse in form at the end of the season. If I were the Morecambe chariman I'd be very impressed to have someone with that CV and experience show up for interview.

Sep 6, 2006
arrythewurzel":1moabx8f said:

'Managed to achieve anything with that defence'. !???! You mean relegation? Despite having several quality players. And of course he was responsible for signing 'that defence'. Minor point.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":2mtu6bx0 said:
arrythewurzel":2mtu6bx0 said:

'Managed to achieve anything with that defence'. !???! You mean relegation? Despite having several quality players. And of course he was responsible for signing 'that defence'. Minor point.

Quite.
Achievements....hmmm.
Ok how about 1 of only 4 managers in Argyle's 125+ year history to get us relegated to the bottom tier.
Please also bear in mind that Reid's team would have also stayed up but for a 10 point deduction, so really one of only 3 managers to get us relegated to the bottom division.
Is that an achievement of sorts?